Zurich Mustachian Meetups (updated)

New Meeting Proposal for October 2020 here:

Why a new topic? Is it maybe possible to leave the main topic Zurich Meetups here?

1 Like

Hi fellow Mustachians,

It is time for a new summer meetup. This will be the first one in 2022. Just a quick poll, which helps me to organize:

What kind of Meetup do you prefer? (please vote until 3rd of June, Friday)

• Indoor (in a bar / restaurant with a terrace outside)
  • Outdoor (in a park | byob → bring your own beer)

0 voters

Indoor options: Frau Gerolds Garten
Outdoor options: Schindlergut / Josefwiese

Ideally the meetup will be planned on a Thursday or on a Friday.

Best,
Mr.Paprika :hot_pepper:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

it looks like the summer is busy for the most Mustachians, so far the winner date for the next Zürich Meetup is:

July 7, 2022 • 6-10 PM
2022-07-07T16:00:00Z

Good weather location: Josefwiese
Bad weather location: Frau Gerolds Garten

Drinks and food: byob (bring-your-own-beer), or what you like, and for food the same

See you in July! :sunglasses: :sunny:
Cheers :hot_pepper:

2 Likes

How do I find you? Do you guys have some WhatsApp group / phone number?

Unfortunately, I have to pass for this time. I have my Achilles‘ tendon ruptured :cry:

Sorry to read that… Get well soon! :sunny: :crossed_fingers:

Hi Mr. Paprika,

I am Marc G who subscribed to the meetup in Doodle. Unfortunately due to a last min business trip I won’t be able to make it tomorrow.

Sorry for the last minute cancellation :confused:

Thanks everybody who showed up and joined us yesterday on the first Mustachian Meetup Zurich in 2022! It was really nice to see all of you in person, and spending the evening together. :city_sunrise:
See you next time!

1 Like

Thank you for organising, Mr. Paprika!

1 Like

Darn it! I’m so bummed I missed this one! I would have gladly made the trip from Bern…! When are you guys planning on meeting again? :slight_smile:

Next time…
Maybe end of August, or beginning of September. Let’s see. Happy summer! :sunny: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hello

I see few other posts on folks meeting up in Bern or Geneva. Any community members based in Zurich who would be interested in doing the same?

If there is interest, I could do a doodle poll and we can try to meet early next year.

I am 40+M, been in CH for ~6 yrs and starting to get a bit wiser on FI topic lately, thanks to this forum and a few other good resources.

5 Likes

I’d be interested in a meetup

1 Like

Depending on the time I would be interested.

I’m the organizer of the Bern Meetup but, depending on the date/time of day I wouldn’t mind making the trip to Zurich to meet up with you guys :slight_smile:

Edit: How about merging this discussion with the main Zurich Meetup thread? Zurich Mustachian Meetups (updated) - #77 by Mr.Paprika

Hello NicoFireDoc

Good to have you be part of this. I was actually inspired by your Bern meetup thread, and was going to reach out for some tips.

Thanks also for the suggestion to merge this with the other thread. I had searched for other Zurich meetups but could only find the ones from 2019 and 2020.

Do you know how to merge it?

Thanks

1 Like

I stopped organizing any upcoming Mustachian meetup in Zurich after the last one in 2022 summer on the Josefwiese. We had some good discussions, but I was a bit disappointed to be honest.

I think an outside meetup won’t really work (a.k.a. BYOB → bring your own beer)

For meeting up in a bar or restaurant is always hard to reserve the right spot; should be located centrally, shouldn’t be expensive, or too loud (to have good discussions), people will cancel in the last minute (reservation won’t work out)… :slight_smile: So far my “not-so-good” experiences…

There were good discussions as well, so I don’t say there is no need to organize new ones. I’m just letting others to organize, and I’ll gladly join. :wink: (next year)

Either in Zurich, or Winterthur, or wherever we find space for us. Cheers :hot_pepper:

1 Like

I wouldn’t have said it better, location truly is key.

Also I find round tables to be quite practical to foster communication and avoid fragmentation of the group.

I’m not familiar with Zurich, but I’d look for a cosy place, easily reachable on foot from the train station :slight_smile: