Will Tesla go Bust?

The stock has been beaten down for months and bad earnings didn’t cause another -10%

I was under impression that new model is the cheaper one. Not sure what is the difference?

I guess we are all here to share opinions in order to make money and maybe to RE, right?

Imo TA > FA
I started the position based on that and will exit the position again in the same way.

1 Like

Like every car maker

I think this is one of those fascinating moments that shows me why I don’t shouldn’t invest in individual stocks. It’s because it’s really not obvious what is going to happen.

It’s plausible to me that FSD pays off and is a sufficiently difficult problem that the lead is worth a lot. It is also plausible (and more likely to me) that nothing marketable appears for 3 years, while competition from Chinese automakers slowly reduce any profit from the existing models. I struggle to see how any of us armchair investors can develop enough conviction to make a big bet with such an obvious downside risk.

3 Likes

Totally agreed

However I really hope a lot of active investors still exist (institutional and retail) and make money. Otherwise we would end up with a broken market with no one to make price discovery .

In other words for us( index investors) to exist, we really need the great minds doing all this research and build the conviction to go long or short on stocks.

4 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Active Investor’s performance

That’s great … for Nvidia! :wink:

Whether it helps Tesla with FSD or AI remains to be seen …

(source: https://twitter.com/BrianSozzi/status/1783168094501777815)

5 Likes

+14% pre market

Bingo

One more proof of point to show how difficult is to invest and forecast in individual stocks.

Meta and TSLA almost went in opposite directions in 10 days :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just for your info.

Form probability point of view it was favorable on the chart

I have never seen the others, but it looks pretty good to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Lrrhn0CMk

$TSLA stock closed up 15.3% today, the best single day percentage gain for $TSLA in over 3 years.

Tesla’s market cap increased $82 billion today.

1 Like

+37% in one week.
22 April to 29 April.

I have a feeling there is some massive short squeeze at play here. What is most interesting is that this sudden upswing happened exactly when TSLA started to look very bad. It’s unbelievable how things can change

My understanding is that the recent rise happened as Elon Musk pitched the lower cost car being still on the agenda and now there’s news of the deal in China pointed at by @SwissTeslaBull.

That Elon Musk, as a CEO, reacts when the company or its stock starts to look very bad seems like a normal reaction to me. What I take out of it is that Elon’s narratives are still taken mostly at face value by his investors, which means the basic dynamics affecting the stock haven’t changed meaningfully (in my interpretation).

4 Likes

Ok so by 2035 it might happen.

2 Likes

I just can’t wrap my head around it. It simply does not make ANY rational sense and nobody can convince me otherwise.

It‘s essentially a glorified meme stock, far removed from its fundamentals.

5 Likes

For the purpose of my own assessment, it’s too expensive for valuation metrics to make sense out of it and too volatile and unpredictable to be shorted.

It’s one of those “sit on the sidelines and enjoy the show” stocks. High entertainment value.

7 Likes