Which is your VIAC strategy?

As 40% needs to be CHF denominated, I thought to just take the plunge and put it in stuff that’s actually trading in CHF rather than do currency hedging. I can try to soften this home-bias in my non-3a stock portfolio.
As for the same performance of G100, that I’ve only found out at the end of last year :smiley:

But yeah, it might be time to re-evaluate the allocation options that VIAC offers, I had set it up over a year ago and haven’t paid it any more mind since.

1 Like

I have since changed the portfolio a bit to optimize it and take advantage of the US dividend exemptions in 3a

35% SPI Extra
2% SMI
35% US Pension Fund (s&p500)
15% EM
10% EU

EM and EU could be switched, but I am not convinced so much about Europe…

G100 seems uncomplicated, but in the background you have alot more funds, each with there own currencies (CAD, JPY, etc.) this I am trying to simplify (hidden currency exchange fees still a thing? 0.75%) now by leaving out canada and asia pacific. Also G100 has a large amount of SMI which I dont like.

Regarding VIAC and the avaible funds. On my side, I am missing CSIF (CH) III Equity World ex CH Quality - Pension Fund which is available at finpension. I asked them if they had some plan to had such fund but apparently, they have more demands for China based ones. However, they would consider it if the demand is enough. Therefore, if any of you is interested, do not hesitate to bug them with it!

2 Likes

Count me in for Quality.

Let’s make CH0253609066 happen! :rocket:

:gorilla: :gorilla:

1 Like

We’ve previously had the discussion over here.

EDIT: Actually that’s where I’m going to answer

1 Like

I have my 3rd pillar in VIAC as well. Initially I did not pay much attention about their asset allocation because it was not much money. But year after year it is starting to be a big chunk of my money.
Currently I have 1/3 in VIAC global-100 (Credit Suisse) and 2/3 in mutual funds with managers.
I see that in VIAC we have also the “Individual strategy” option. Is global-100 good enough or could it be easily improve by the “Individual strategy”?
Thanks

This is something you have to decide for yourself. Based on your target strategy.

1 Like

I don’t have a clear target strategy. Just some balanced exposure to mister market. Could you recommend any reading?

1 Like

The viac global 100 allocation is far from MSCI world allocation and invest 40% into SMI or SPI.
You select the custom strategy to have a more balanced portfolio.

I tend to consider the global strategies good enough, while the individual strategies have more use if you are trying to optimize where you hold which assets between taxable and 3a accounts.

40% exposure to CH sounds like too much. When I will have a better understanding I will switch to “individual strategy” and get more MSCI world exposure. Thanks

That also depends on your global portfolio, it means across all asset classes and investment vehicles (brokers, funds).

It depends on your own allocation on all your asset in your portofolio. It also depends on how you see your plan investment.

As an example: I invest in VT and in VIAC Global 100 on all my 4 accounts (5th next year). Since my contribution investment is higher on my 3a than my 2nd pilar and since my investment in VT will be higher than my investment in my 3a and 2nd for the next years, I consider that I don’t need to change my strategy on my 3a. Moreover, I also want a simple straight to go investment strategy and I don’t mind to overoptimize my allocation.

Good luck on your strategy!

2 Likes

Hi all,
I’ve been investing into viac ober the last two years. I’ve been using the VIAC Global 60 without bonds.

I’m considering moving into a more equity heavy Position of Global 100 but it too seems Switzerland heavy.

Do you folks use the Global 100 or go for a custom allocation?

If the latter, which one and why?

Thanks!

I like this custom strategy, I am doing a similar one:

• 1% Cash
  • 35% CSIF US - Pension Fund
  • 39% CSIF World ex CH hedged - Pension Fund Plus (just because of the FX restriction)
  • 25% Swisscanto US - IPF
1 Like

Since i‘m approaching 200k chf a quick update from my side.

I‘m back to 3xGlobal 100. Overall performance since i moved to Viac is +34%.

Still contributing every month, but temped to move to more btc dca :joy:

1 Like

I’ve changed my strategy for my 4 accounts in February:

• Cash: 1%
  • CSIF SPI ESG : 19%
  • CSIF World ex CH : 50%
  • CSIF World ex CH hedged : 30%

Unfortunately the CSIF (CH) Equity Switzerland Total Market Blue isn’t available with VIAC, otherwise I would take it instead of the ESG one.

Overall performance: +27%

3 Likes

I wonder if VIAC will ever create a strategy without REIT. I’d like to move away from that much weight.

Why they don’t have global 100 strategy where switzerland is not at 40%