When do we reach the bottom of the dip? (2022-24 Edition)

Stocks & bonds sucking, maybe it’s a good time to start a new Hedgefundie-adventure?

1 Like

Lol, how much is it down YTD? -60%?

2 Likes

Closing prices yesterday:

USD CHF 0.9948
EUR CHF 0.9912

We have almost reached financial singularity. When these prices both align at 1.0000, the world as we know it will cease to exist.

3 Likes

Why do you think so? Not a finance guy here but shouldn’t the value of a currency somehow reflect the economic power of a country or region? I guess that the world thinks that the EU economy is not as strong as it was and the risk of a default is slightly higher than before including the low yield rate and therefore we have an almost 1:1:1 relation between US:EU:CH if the EU starts to significantly races yields the Euro should go up again, right?

Sorry, that was a joke and an attempt to parody doom prophets. Keep your cash in the least devaluating currency CHF and that’s it.

2 Likes

So now the market decides on a whim to rise from the dead, just when we get paid out our salaries :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Don’t worry, it will go down again once you have invested it. :stuck_out_tongue:

On a more serious note: the rise so far isn’t that big, it is still a very great time to buy if we have reached a bottom. If we have not, it is not much of a worst time to buy than it was a few days ago, and looking forward 30 something years, it will probably have been a great time to buy too.

3 Likes

Wait for @Cortana to invest :smiley:

5 Likes

Last time was in April 2022 for me. Don‘t know why the market is reacting that way.

4 Likes

it’s probably missing your input :wink:

1 Like

aaahhhh I want to FIRE now!

1 Like

Well, you’re welcome to the lottery. :slight_smile: One higly leveraged right bet on the right direction in these volatile times could get you there. Or take away your house, socks and underpants.

We have to choose our poison, I guess.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m constantly tempted by this nowadays. But then I ask myself: Do I need to take such risks? Certainly not. I’ve got enough, and I’m not desperate.

However, entering a HFEA strategy now with 55/45 3x leveraged stocks / bonds might be an awesome ride :crazy_face: Or buying some spx calls just before CNBC’s headline says “Inflation’s dead, let the party start”

1 Like

Likely, the party will start before any such headline shows up

2 Likes

Agree, I stand corrected, actually, the party might be at its peak and about to end shortly when CNBC writes about it :joy:

1 Like

The markets have been going up two weeks in a row, it’s almost November and there are talks about FOMO among retail investors. The party might have started 2 weeks ago.

3 Likes

Well, the party was damped today. Still lost 10% of my lottery money on the up spike right after the FOMC statement release despite being right on the direction. Live and learn.

3 Likes

3 Likes

VT in CHF has reached a new 23 months minimum on October 13th before being catapulted +5% in the same day. With respect to MSCI ACWI IMI Net total Return in CHF, which is calculated once per day from closing prices, we have stayed above September 29th minimum at 1861.75 CHF.

November 1st looks like a new intermediate maximum at 2016.2 CHF, -15.7% from ATH and +8.3% from September’s minimum. It could be that a new round of the game have started and this level could be a key pivot (no, not that one).

1 Like