I started investing in cryptocurrencies in 2017 and since then I tested different platforms.
- Binance: my preferred platform for pure crypto-crypto pairs. High liquidity and you can find a very large choice of cryptocurrencies. Low fees of 0.1%, even lower if you hold some of the Binance cryptocurrency BNB. For some time it has been possible to buy from or sell to EUR, deposit and withdrawal are cheap and fast with my Revolut account. The platform is nice and user-friendly. My referral link.
- Bitstamp: possibility to use euros, somewhat okay, but no real advantage compared to other platforms.
- Cex: Offers possibility to use euros, but I find it a bit shady and some banks refuse payments to/from it. No advantage compared to other exchanges, so I don’t use it anymore.
- Coinbase: For users who want to be able to click on a single button to buy or sell. User-friendly and all, but I do not recommend it because the fees are quite high.
- Coinbase Pro: Actually related to Coinbase, but gives more control with lower fees. However, Last year they increased the trade fees to 0.5%, which is very high compared to the other platforms.
- Kraken: Offers quite many fiat/crypto pairs, especially CHF. The platform is okay, but especially for the CHF pairs the spreads may be quite large. Fees for small investors will be of roughly 0.26%. Revolut refused withdrawals from Kraken, but I was able to deposit/withdraw CHF with my Neon account.
- KuCoin: okay but in my eyes, it has no real advantage compared to Binance.
- Lykke: Swiss-based exchange with no trade fees but sometimes with large spreads. Offers CHF, EUR and other fiat currencies in addition to the main cryptocurrencies.
As a summary, I am now happily using a mix of Kraken, Lykke and Binance.