Want a cheaper Internet Provider. Your advice please?

There is currently an offer on Qoqa for sunrise internet + TV for 42.-/month. Is sunrise internet reliable and fast?

I have Wingo Internet 45.-/month, am happy with it, no TV, that’s why I’m contemplating the switch

1 Like

I’ve been with Sunrise for the last 5 years and got their offer on QoQa since 2021. I’ve never had any problem and their customer service was good back in 2021. I’ve moved recently and had some minor issue to connect with Internet in my new apartment. However it was merely because I moved during the Christmas holidays so their customer services was very busy. Now everyone works perfectly.

1 Like

I took this deal a few months ago and so far it has been a very good experience. The internet is blazing fast and customer support was always very good.

1 Like

I am with sunrise fiber as well and pay the same price but with no Tv.
The installation of fiber was a bit long and sketchy but their support is good and refunded any extra cost (internet extension from previous provider).

Is there any debit limitation?

1 Like

What do you mean with debit limitation?

Nice, I was waiting for this 42.- deal. Finally got it.

Init7 has great internet, but the TV apps sucks.

2 Likes

They say it can go up to 10Gitb/s (if you have the right equipment) - but based on their website where I live you get 1Gbit/s guaranteed (download + upload) - which is way more than enough for me

I signed up for it, looking forward to a bit of TV, especially the 12 months offered of My Sports TV, can watch some ice hockey :smiley:

1 Like

Green has an offer 100Mbit/s for CHF 33.- plus one time 49.-.

In addition, they offer a Fritzbox router (only lending), which is a quite nice device.

Does anybody have experience with Green?

2 Likes

Yallo gives you a 5g router without contract duration nor setup fees for 39 a month. When you ask to cancel, they go down to 34 CHF. I like it since I’m not using a TV.

I had Green Fiber in the past (2016-2018), no issues. Kept the router and sold it. They never asked for it back (maybe in error). Also bumped up speed same as they offered new customers without asking.

In Neuchâtel we are living in the past and don’t have fiber available, that means I’m stuck with DSL or Cable. Currently I’m a customer of Sunrise/UPC but my discount I managed to get when calling them just ended. I’m wondering if I should move to the only alternative which is Yallo. The only thing is that we currently have a phone landline which my wife likes and which is provided free of charge. Do you guys know if Yallo also provides this since they use the same network?

I am also in an area not served by fiber optics and I am with Wingo. Very happy with the service so far. Check back from time to time as there is currently no offer. I have the offer Wingo Start 100mb for 39.-

2 Likes

I just had a visit from a Salt salesperson today. Could someone please confirm whether they have port forwarding working on IPv4 on Salt Home, or is that still impossible? I saw somewhere that you could get a static IP address from them (which could be OK depending on the price)?

Any info on this would be super-useful, so I can make a decision on whether to make the jump or not.

UPDATE: Found this on their site, so worst case I could fork over 9.95.-/month which would still be much cheaper than my current ISP:

But maybe an AAAA record pointing to the fixed IPv6 address is enough.

2 Likes

Yallo is currently offering 1gbit/s for 25chf per month and without activation fee.
+5chf for TV

Minimum 24 months

Link? I don’t see it.

Hello ma0.

It was available yesterday, not available anymore in the website.

Best Regards,

But (it could be a problem or not) it was with cable :slight_smile:

Ok then nevermind :slight_smile:
I had cable for 15chf/m with tv from them but I had to switch to fiber :frowning:

4 Likes

If you have internet access on the phone you can use the phone as a hotspot for your laptop/computer at home. So no WiFi/home internet needed.