Want a cheaper Internet Provider. Your advice please?

For me the signal is way too weak for comfortable “work from home”.

Hm, so check your connection before cancelling home internet :sweat_smile:. Mine is good enough to stream films and to provide internet to at least two devices at the same time ( I think I even tried more at some point when having guests).

It’s not just speed but it’s also the convenience. Turn the hotspot on and off all the time and then reconnect all devices etc. WiFi that’s turned on all the time and devices connect automatically is zero effort compared to hotspot.

I wouldn‘t even do that if I would get paid for it lol.

What is very comfortable for me might not be worth saving 42 CHF/month for someone else or for a family.
Obviously this works best for people who use their phone for internet most of the time anyways.

(To add some data: it takes me about 5 seconds to connect my laptop to the phone and I do this maybe 2-4 times a week, so about 2 minutes of “effort” per month. I’d have spent more time to find a provider and pay the bills each month. Know thyself :wink:).

@Cortana, your use might differ.
Seems I’m getting paid 42 CHF for 2 minutes tax free each month - seems reasonable :sunglasses: Also l did not spend time finding a provider and installing WLAN so actually I might be getting paid for saving time :grin:

Sure. Anyway, for me it’s not just the whacky wireless connection, I have other uses that I can’t cover with a phone hotspot :slight_smile:

I am living in a small village with bad mobile coverage.
My Qoqa offer is shared between me and my neighbor.

If you use mobile Hotspot, consider switch to qoqa offer when it come. It include an additional SIM data card that you can insert in a compatible modem (100 chf). 2 minutes won per month!

It’s a great idea to share how much companies will yield when confronted with termination. Has this been done here before?

The additional sim has a limited bandwith of 100mb/s.

Which is sufficient for basic internet and HD streaming.

Yallo is now 35chf internet + tv:
https://www.yallo.ch/en/home-internet

side note for tv: you can move forward/backward on the basic plan

Yallo has Fiber 10 GB for a unbeatable price (sometimes evne cheaper I got mine at 34chf month, now is 45CHF) I have it since now a year, am very happy about the performance in Zurich, so I would recommend it.
If anyone needs an invite code, please let me know in private message.

Just make sure your infrastructur can actually handle 10 GB.

It’s a fair offer, though, and they don’t include this “cheap price for 12 or 24 months, then it doubles” bullshit which forces you to negotiate or switch.

1 Like

I’m thinking about moving my home internet to SolNet. They offer 1 GBit/s for 39.-/month.

Solnet works well for me since about 4 years.

2 Likes

I need to use my own router and can do so with my current provider, so I sent SolNet an email how I would be able to do that with them. Got a competent reply within a few hours. So already a good look. SolNet locks you in for 2 years though.

Wingo (which I use for mobile already) has very good lifetime deals that rotate through the packages, often back-to-back, so I’ll wait until Monday when the next deal should roll around and see what it 's gonna be. Although I doubt it will be 1 GBit/s for less than 49.-/month. OTOH, most of their offers are cancelable each month, and even though I consider myself an above-average user, I’m not sure I would notice any difference to 500 MBit/s.

1 Like

Wait for the qoqa offer in november. Best speed avalaible at you adress with TV for 42.90 last time they proposed the deal.

1 Like

Worth to check Easy7, its the cheaper version of Fiber7 with some limitations but still same backbone.

I’m with Init7 on the Fiber7 plan currently and saw that offer a few weeks ago and thought about switching to it. They told me it’s not possible to use Easy7 with anything else than the provided router, so it’s a non-starter sadly.

Yes that’s one of the limitations but still fine for new customers with less requirements for a cheaper price.