Want a cheaper Internet Provider. Your advice please?

Netgear Switch XS508M. TP-Link WL-PCI Express TX401 PCI Ethernet card in my PC.

Yes it has a fan, but I don’t mind:

Btw only 6 cables and 6 LAN ports were installed as one room (kids bedroom) didn’t have the socket and pipes.

7 Likes

What a visual pleasure looking at that neat installation in a brand new appartement… that you own!

3 Likes

Hello guys,
Is any one here having experience with GoMo or Digital Republic?
I am interested in understanding about cost, coverage, conditions, hidden conditions, …

Just for sake of reference, I am today customer of MBudget mobile (Swisscom net) with flat rate (internet+calls) in Ch, to Europe, same GB when in Europe and, taking into account the family package all with MBudget I am now paying 30 CHF/month per each kibik abonment.

Totally, I have with MBudget internet+TV at home and 2 mobile Abo (as above described) and totally I am paying them (in the order just mentioned) 50+40+20= 110 CHF/month

It is quite a lot of money and I am very interested in finding a better deal with this new providers, yet not compromising (at least not too much) the quality of the service

Please ask here

In order to avoid double post!

For those looking for full package of Internet+TV+Fixed line, the QoQa Sunrise offer (CHF 42/month) is available today. QoQa - Sunrise Highspeed Internet + TV Abo auf Lebenszeit
It seems to be only for non-Sunrise customers & existing QoQa Sunrise subscriptions.

2 Likes

That’s awesome, thanks a lot. Ordered already, going to save ma a lot of money (currently with Swisscom at CHF 105 a month :face_vomiting:)

We moved from UPC to iWay (when they rolled out PON in our municipality).

I’m currently on 1gbps plan for 48.50fr./m, and it’s pretty much always at full bandwidth, latency is also excellent. When I’ll have sufficient need to upgrade the local switching network to 10gbps the provided router already supports that, and it’s a “mere” 10 bucks additional per month.

Excellent service, by the way.

I missed the Qoqa offer as I already started the subscription on Sunrise offer at 1Gbits for 39.- by month for 2 years.

Pros:

• I had no installation fees even without the fiber deployed to my flat.
  • They delegate the installation to Enkom in Geneva and the engineer was really nice and efficient.
    They planned it the week after my online registration and it took 3h.
    You have the Sunrise support that follow up the onboarding.

Cons:

• Sunrise support was not that nice the first time because they wanted me to subscribe to a specific UPC client offer with the TV option, I do not need for +20.- (worse than on their website). They could not remove the TV option because a limitation of their software. Could not care less!
    I called a second time the week after and they did the same truc so I told I want to opt out my UPC engagement as I had 2 months notice and they made me the same offer as their website. Crazy sales team!
  • I received an email but never signed any contract! I wanted to switch to the Qoqa offer but I wasn’t sure if I was already engage or if I could terminate it… so I wanted to play safe and not got into trouble.
1 Like

Does somebody have an advice for cheap internet? Mobile network is not stable enough here, and I do also not have a fiber setup in my house. 50 or 100mbit will be enough, and I’m looking for something below CHF 30 / month.

yallo currently offers Home Cable S for CHF 29 per month. This is based on coax (UPC TV cable network) with 300 Mbps down and 30 Mbps up. This generally works reliable, although this may depend on your location and the cables in your building.

Please note that this is based on DS-Lite and you have to use their cable router (included in price). This means that IPv4 is available only via CG-NAT, which doesn’t allow port forwarding without an external relay server. In addition, you get a IPv6 /64 prefix (without delegation). It’s not possible to get your own public IPv4 address.

Wait for Black Friday (seriously). When checking alao.ch, there are currently no interesting deals.

Did you lool at https://www.teleking.ch/ ?

Teleking: on the homepage they have a tattooed guy with a raised arm in an awkward position (kind of roman salute)…
Who’s their PR manager? :smiley:

A bit more serious: he’s wearing a costume, you can’t misunderstand it :slight_smile:

A bit more serious2: If you live in Zurich, you might check the zurinet offers. They usually go on top of other offers as well, for example iirc iway usually has max 1 month free, but under zurinet you get 3 months free. ewz.zürinet | Your internet provider | ewz

What router are using? I was interested in moving upspeed, but my router only does 1Gbps.

I think the more sensible question is : what the hell do you need 10 (or even 1Gpbs) for ? Are you running a server farm ?

Netflix in Ultra HD needs 15 Mb/s. Even if you have a family of 10 you are still good.

BTW most normal computers are capped at 1 Gb/s if not lower through the network card. So if you are not running some big server in your private home, it is total overkill.

1 Like

Zyxel AX7501-B0 which is connected to my 8-port 10Gbits switch. My desktop PC has a 10Gbits network card.

2 Likes

But for what ? Is your work so data intensive ? I can’t think of a normal user application needing this bandwith. Are you selling your connection to others in your building ?

Is it actually guaranteed bandwith ? If not, how much do you get in real ?

Probably the servers you are getting your data from are capping you way lower. :thinking:

You are right that it‘s a total overkill. I have no real use case for it :rofl:

1 Like

20 mb/s is more comfortable. A friend has 12-15 and the TV freeze time to time.

Special offer from yallo 20chf/m (forever) for 1gb/s. Valid only for 3 days. 25chf/m with TV.

4 Likes