The perfect market timing tool

Like clockwork. Lol.

@ma0
Bob is an invented character. I’m the reallife Bob :smiley:

4 Likes

Now, if you were to try and market your skills as a market timing tool, do you think it would still work or would the drops start to be random once again to balance out the income you’d try and get out of it?

Who’s up for some applied quantum finance?

(On a more serious note, the market didn’t drop that much, you’re still fine, but that’s eerie xD).

As markets are highly efficient and obviously also highly linked to my personal investments, trying to gain anything from that fact would probably result in an even higher loss.

Someone suggested buying a smaller fraction to trick the market into thinking that I already invested everything. Only to be able to buy the dip with the rest. What do you think about that?

3 Likes

Buy a few stocks but also short yourself for the same ones at the same time.
The market won’t be sure what is going on and will think you just went all in.
Great profits ensue.

5 Likes

Also, record it all and write a book. Real profits will come from its sales and the speeches you’ll make later on.

3 Likes

@Cortana did you invest today or something else is happening?

:smiley:

9 Likes

It’s been happening for a few days (though indeed a bit less steeply). My guess is that the market is trying to crush real estate in Bosnia. It’s a bit out of practice so it ended up hitting Evergrande in China but give it time, it keeps trying.

5 Likes

I think you are spot on xD

3 Likes

Maybe Cortana bought real estate in China and didn’t tell us?

8 Likes

Hahahaha! There’s so much resiliency in this market that @Cortana could go all in on call options and it would still be either mostly stable or up. Interesting times indeed!

@Cortana! Did you by any chance buy some chinese stocks recently? :sweat_smile:
Changing your asset allocation without telling us is not nice forum behavior…

1 Like

The Evergrande crisis is still going on. They’re having trouble selling assets at book value and a german company is targeting them for bankruptcy (it’s not even as if they were an investor that got screwed on the way, they have acquired Evergrande’s bonds for this specific purpose): Evergrande officially defaulted - DMSA is preparing bankruptcy proceedings against Evergrande Group
Evergrande to Sell Entire Stake in HengTen for $273 Million - Bloomberg

That and Xi Jinping is playing the comunist card again, which doesn’t bode well for foreign investors and China’s stock market: Xi Jinping’s Terrifying New China - The Atlantic

I doubt Cortana had to be involved with this one, investing in the means of production in a country where the party in power believes that they should belong to the state had built-in political risks, that have materialized.

2 Likes

As I paid my loan for the RE I bought in Bosnia last year, I was finally able to transfer funds to IBKR again. Today would be the first day since May 2021 that I invest again outside of my 3rd pillar.

But of course VTI is +1.5% today lol. My limit order at 229.50$ wasn’t executed.

6 Likes

Try to invest more tomorrow with a tight limit so it goes up further :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s coming down again. Should I change my limit order to 230$ to be sure? Lol.

Edit: Just did it. Expect to see the market close negative today :smiley:

1 Like

OK, it fell below 230. I assume your order got executed then?

Thanks for keeping us updated. I really didn’t have to buy just before the impending dive of the market.

Like clockwork. :grinning: :rofl:

Twenty lorem ipsum

2 Likes

Well yeah, down to 225. Yes my order at 230 got executed.

This is were I bought 4 shares of VTI.

12 Likes

We should have shorted when Cortana announced he was going to buy…
Thanks for keeping us informed :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Please stop buying :smiley:
I cannot stand the red anymore