The perfect market timing tool

Imagine if your payday coincides with a bad news on vaccine!

1 Like

You have all your money invested into market ?
Even if itā€™s for 25 years you shouldnā€™t invest all in the market only.

There are countless resources that would disagree with you. The pure minimalist mustachian strategy is 100% VT asset allocation.

1 Like

There were only three 10-year periods with negative stock returns in the last 100 years, and zero 15-year periods. Read the research.

1 Like

Itā€™s true and Iā€™m not an economist but diversify your money is probably the best way to do. Iā€™m just not anymore confident on the market and current currency but may be 100% wrong just spend time to search and made your own opinion. Big problem with market when itā€™s drop you lost your money so you need made something before lost money. Always better to sell high and buy low made you own calculations of what you lost by 50% drop (100=>50) or 100% up (50=>100) :slight_smile:

We are may be to a new area like all of these past events : https://azizonomics.com/2012/01/04/a-history-of-reserve-currencies-in-one-graph/
Not known source of this graph so not trust without search but US/CN standing : https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inline-images/0%20(1)_3.png?itok=FNEcGd9W
Not known source of this graph so not trust without search but education line seem dictated beginning and end of an empire : https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inline-images/0%20(2)_1.png?itok=709vOFAt

Itā€™s for you because I have made my own choice and currently prepare my next move :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Cortana, are you buying dollars lately?

2 Likes

He must be!

Can anybody just limit his internet access to this forum and keep him off the markets?

1 Like

Not really. But the USD is crushing my portfolio too!

Not buying anything this month in IBKR (only VIAC) as I have some unexpected expenses. But Iā€™m going to on August 20th :smiley:

Ahā€¦ I was wondering where is my expected drop :frowning:
Holding off for another month then!

But does make for a nice buy opportunity :slight_smile:

What happened @Cortana, failed to buy again this month? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Had a couple of unexpected expenses. Didnā€™t buy anything in the last 3 months despite my Viac contributions.

Itā€™s alright.
I also bought a motorbike - better investment than Tesla :joy:

1 Like

Maybe thatā€™s why the markets just keep soaring? As soon as I start contributing again the markets will drop xD

2 Likes

What a wild ride, but Iā€™m very glad that I stayed the course. August was great in particular. As of today I increased my networth by 6ā€™000.- with saving 3ā€™300.- of my salary, adding 600.- to my pension fund and earning 2ā€™100.- in the market this month. Now Iā€™m back to ~0%.

In the end I was just unlucky to start investing right before the crash, but it turned out just fine.

12 Likes

Hey @Cortana ! You started investing yesterday and didnā€™t warn us!

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Tech is getting crushed lol.

Actually I invested 1300 CHF on Tuesday this week with VIAC but also did some rebalancing. Reduced my US exposure from 65% to 60% and increased the rest, especially Emerging Markets. In the end it looks like I was still better off with my lump sum investments. Especially my 2nd pillar in June. So while being unlucky with the initial investments, it turned out fine.

Iā€™m so glad I donā€™t play games anymore. Donā€™t care about market movements, just investing monthly what Iā€™m able to save.

2 Likes

I got my bonus today and the SP500 is far away from its SMA200, lol. I guess my investment strategy is to always buy at the top.

4 Likes

The SP500 is very rarely close to or under its SMA200, your investment strategy is fine. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads up, though, Iā€™ll keep some money on the side to buy after the inevitable drop weā€™ll have these next few days. ^^

4 Likes

you are very well known :slight_smile:

3 Likes