Should I buy TSLA shares?

Force to admit that I didn’t think about that, so I guess it will not bothered me. Especially if I can pimp it like Xzibit :joy:

1 Like

Yet both slower than the Model 3 and ride quality is probably comparable if not better in the Tesla.

That’s fair, I wouldn’t get a Model 3 but a Y knowing that no stroller fits into the Model 3. Polestar 2 would be the only other option for me but then who wants to deal with searching for charging stations when there’s a vast network of Tesla Superchargers available?

Tesla has no sound :stuck_out_tongue:
I went for a test drive with my m140i in sports mode with my car dealer (who has a M3P himself) and he was blown away. :wink: it’s just not the same if you love cars.

strollers would fit (mostly), it’s IKEA boxes and the occasional bicycle, etc that could be problematic.

As for Polestar2, it’s got Google Maps and a plugin to show where the charging points are. You would be surprised that it’s almost the same as in a Tesla but better, as it lets you log in to your own Google Account unlike Teslas.

This is the real issue with the P2: (TLDR: 10 minutes slower 10-to-80% charging due to missing battery pre-heating)

1 Like

FYI charging speeds available today. Who would’ve thought that Audi beats all (even though it costs almost 100k more than the 2nd Hyundai

1 Like

With some IONITY chargers that are nowhere to find and cost 70 Cents/kWh…

While I still charge my almost 7 year old Model S at every Supercharger for free :slight_smile:

Supercharger costs 0.41CHF/kWh, IONITY is indeed double.
The price you pay with Model S is its depreciation to zero value.

Which car doesn’t have that issue?

Sure every one of them does. Just not all of them start at 100k.
That’s about 8-10k a year on value loss alone in your last 7 years.
(sure, same goes for an 540i bought new)

We just ordered the Tesla 3.

Dual range, white outside black inside, 19" sport wheels, enhanced autopilot. 57k.

Delivery in November 2022.

5 Likes

What kind of financing, did you get the 4% loan? (best option IMO)

2.99% SwissQuote Leasing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why is it so expensive for a brand new car?
I thought the rates were around (or even below) 1%.

2 Likes

Why leasing and not loan? And yeah, why so much? Are you guaranteed to be able to buy back the car at the end of the lease? Or can Tesla/Leasing Operator say no?

Yeah there was a leasing offer 1 year ago for 0.99%, but not available anymore. Not sure if it will return anytime soon.

We haven’t signed anything yet. We can still adjust everything.

Isn’t the loan option more expensive? Just checked, loan would be 3.9%.

Tesla seller said yes. But asked SwissQuote for a confirmation.

Be aware that you an deduct loan interest from your taxable income. As far as I recall you can’t deduct car leasing interest

3 Likes

It depends. There is the initial amount that you have to pay, and then the residual amount at the end. So I don’t know if there is difference between the two. There is also difference in loan duration. I think you can take a loan for a maximum of 7 years. And the leasing goes only for 5 years?

I think the longer the loan is and the later you pay, the better. You get to keep your money for a longer period and keep it invested. If your expected return is higher than 4% then you potentially benefit from more time in the market. Of course, the market being volatile, you can either win or lose on it, I’m just talking about the average.

Yeah make sure that you can buy back that car at the end of the leasing. Like, if after 5 years the residual value of the car is 21’000, but the market value is 30’000, you wouldn’t want to lose the car, right?

1 Like

This is very important, yes. Will make sure that it’s specified.

I checked the loan options, I think leasing is more interesting for us.

@Barto
Leasing will my on my GF who is self-employed. She can deduct everything :smiley:

2 Likes

So, did you get any info? This is what I find on Tesla website:

So I would be surprised if you can keep the car at the end of your leasing. And if you can’t it’s a really shit deal.

Also, you said your girlfriend has a company and can put the leasing rate in cost. But can she do that with private leasing? I saw Tesla has two options:

Privat

Die angegebene Leasingrate basiert auf einem Kaufpreis von CHF 65’190 (inkl. MWST), und den ausgewählten Angaben zum Leasing sowie einem kalkulatorischem Restwert von CHF 23’468 (inkl. MWST). Der effektive Jahreszins beträgt 3,03%. Ein unverbindliches Angebot der Swissquote Bank AG.

Geschäftlich

Die angegebene Leasingrate basiert auf einem Kaufpreis von CHF 65’190 (inkl. MWST) und einem kalkulatorischen Restwert von CHF 23’468 (inkl. MWST). Der effektive Jahreszins beträgt 3,45%. Es handelt sich um ein unverbindliches Angebot der LeaseTeq AG.

What’s the difference here? Who’s allowed to take the privat one?

3 Likes

Why didn‘t he get a used car (could even be a hybrid), as any upright Mustachian frugalist would do?

3 Likes

Do you have a Swiss link to that screenshot? Not yet, still waiting.

Private leasing isn’t possible for GmbH and AG. She is neither of it, just Einzelfirma. That’s why she can deduct everything.

1 Like