Should I buy TSLA shares?

Keep in mind that it’s traded in London (different closing times).
But no question about that - not a long term holding unless you anticipate a swift downturn.

Did I didn’t anticipate an almost 20% daily upward move. Obviously not.
In hindsight, I should’ve just sold the day before yesterday at 100+%.

Life goes on.

It’s a non-story IMO. As long as FSD is not ready, it’s not worth it to take more responsibility with each improvement. And it’s not a secret that Elon always says that FSD is just around the corner, but it actually needs a lot of work.

Personally, I think it would be fair if they only offered FSD as a subscription once it’s ready. It makes sense: it’s a service, you use it over time and don’t consume it, it will improve over time.

…and that’s why it’s a story: Tesla tout is as being almost perfected. Many fanboys believe their great leader, stop paying attention on the road - and sometimes they’re killing other people on the road.

It’s not only disingenuous - but also dangerous.

3 Likes

Well… Elon says since 2019 that FSD is just around the corner, and two years later a Tesla attorney says that the current functionality will stay largely unchanged for the forseeable future… It begins to smell a bit IHMO, don’t you find? The corner is not so much around the corner finally :wink:
Of course there is a grey zone between overpromising and fraud, but I would not be surprised if there was a class action brewing somewhere…

Don’t know what you’re smoking but Tesla is the safest car on the road according to statistics. But it adds up, your way of thinking explains why you short the stock…

It would be fraud if they packed their bags and took the money. But they’re expanding, selling more and more cars, which are equipped with the hardware needed to handle the task (and if not, the cars are being retrofitted). It’s nowhere written when FSD will be ready and it’s up to you to decide if you want to take that gamble. I guess you would gladly pay $10’000 if it enabled self driving in your car instantly, right? FSD is worth at least as much as a salary of a taxi driver. Let’s not forget that not long ago the price for FSD was only $2,000 and it’s been going up recently.

Which statistics? (twenty)

Possibly. That would be kind of problematic if they did promise it in writing, wouldn’t it?

It’s that Musk has been publicly touting …er “expecting” it for next year.
For a couple of years now. Hasn’t he?

It’s difficult to price a system that doesn’t yet exist. On Tesla’s side, it’s basically vaporware.

@bojack: Am I missing something here?

“I think we will be ‘feature-complete’ on full self-driving this year, meaning the car will be able to find you in a parking lot, pick you up, take you all the way to your destination without an intervention this year”

"By the end of next year, said Musk, Tesla would demonstrate a fully autonomous drive from, say, “a home in L.A., to Times Square … without the need for a single touch, including the charging.””

2 Likes

I don’t know how other cars behave on the road, but I’ve been driving a model 3 for almost a year, and it’s like having a co-pilot. The steering wheel vibrates when you’re driving out of your lane. The car beeps if it sees something dangerous. Cruise control keeps distance to the car in front. If a car is entering the highway and you’re on the right lane, it will brake strongly to let the other car in (in this regard it’s pretty paranoid, I guess that’s a common cause of accidents).

1 Like

All luxury brands have these features. Also, you only show data for Tesla but not for other brands.

I recalled a few articles from Norway, where EVs (incl Teslas) are pretty common now, which contradict your claim:

1 Like

Thanks for the link. It’s hard to say what the “damages” really are based on the article. I can tell that I already have “damaged” both my summer and winter rims. The car is wide and long and I’m a newbie driver so I scratched the rims multiple times in a parking garage. Is the display distracting - yes. Especially if the voice recognition does not understand what song you want to play and you absolutely have to play that song :wink: . Or if your girlfriend does not know how to cancel the current route and navigate to the next supercharger :smiley: . Luckily nothing bad happened to me yet.

But come on, let’s not blame cars for having big screens and high acceleration. Otherwise we should also remove radio and all in-car entertainment systems, including hands-free calling.

Tesla’s own figures?

Why don’t they provide any context? What’s up with the curious distinction between “accidents” (Tesla) and “crashes” (NHTSA)? “Multiple requests to Tesla to … clear up the definition of “accident” in this report… have gone without answer over an extended period”.

Besides that, what are they trying to prove? I have little doubt that the combination of a human driver assisted by Tesla’s “AutoPilot” can lower accident rates.

That doesn’t change the fact that Musk keeps claiming year after year that their system is - or will very soon be - something that it is not: fully self-driving. And some are drinking the kool-aid, are playing games or falling asleep at the wheel.

3 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Cruise control & speed cameras

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cruise control & speed cameras

Effective as of March 15, 2021, the titles of Elon Musk and Zach Kirkhorn have changed to Technoking of Tesla and Master of Coin, respectively. Elon and Zach will also maintain their respective positions as Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer.

Source : Tesla’s latest SEC filings.

It looks like this company is taking regulatory filings with utmost seriousness.

5 Likes

I agree. Not only do these designations („Technoking“) sound as being similar functions to principal officers. They‘ve also filled the roles with their current CEO and CFO, respectively.

It is indeed assuring that they‘ve taken seriousl and fulfilled their (likely) duty to file with the SEC.

Hmm… interesting idea…

6 Likes

Master of Coin is the well deserved title

3 Likes

Perhaps Tesla Inc. is becoming a crypto fund?