Should I buy TSLA shares?

2 Likes

What is this, Bitcoin price? Btw, Elon has such a following that he could easily make a few millions like this:

1. buy X
  2. tweet: buy X
  3. sell X
  4. profit
1 Like

Yes, the BTC price…

People already do it, e.g. clubhouse. There’s a public company that has nothing to do with the actual clubhouse that jumped (same for signal).

3 Likes

Yesterday I watched a “busted” video of SpaceX Spaceship as a long distance airplane killer, by Thunderf00t, and it raised my concerns. I mean, the guy is clearly a sarcastic hater (so I guess many of you would love him :wink: ), but one important issue he raised is the amount of fuel need to get to a speed of 10 km/s. If the Spaceship should really cover 20’000 km in 30 minutes, we’re looking at these kinds of speeds. Even if you forget air resistance, just accelerating an object to this speed costs a lot of fuel. And the more fuel you take, the more fuel you need to accelerate.

In the end he calculated some 4000 tons of fuel to transport 100 passengers, compared to just 250 tons for an Airbus A380. How should this be economical is beyond me. But the woman from SpaceX is selling us this idea and excited Youtubers pass it on.

So you might think: ok maybe this is just bullshitting to get public attention. My problem is that Musk is behind it, and if there is some bullshitting at SpaceX, you might think it’s also in other places.

Hasn’t that been a Musk’s attribute for quite a while?
With plenty of unmet promises and false hypes (or hopes :stuck_out_tongue:)?

1 Like

Where it counts, he either delivered or is on track. I’d say his largest successes to date:

• building Model S, an electric car that was in many ways better than ICE cars
  • building Model 3, an affordable EV and producing it at scale
  • reaching the target of 500’000 sold cars by 2020
  • pioneering reusable rocket market and cutting down launch costs

Few of current promises:

• delivering full self driving
  • scaling up battery production with the new 4680 cell
  • delivering Cybertruck, a revolutionary way to manufacture a car, cutting down on complexity and cost
  • delivering Tesla Semi, cutting down the cost of freight transport
  • delivering the new Roadster, a supercar killer
  • …sending people to Mars :smiley:

From

…and the robotaxis? I want the robotaxis!

They‘re building cars.

To be delivered within a year. Every year.

A Tesla vehicle will drive in fully autonomous mode from LA to New York City by the end of 2017, company CEO Elon Musk said Wednesday during a press call.

all the way from LA to New York. So basically from home in LA to Times Square in New York.

2 Likes

But making money with regulatory credits :slight_smile:

1 Like

The more you wait the more you will FOMO :sweat_smile:

1 Like

and the more will they hope for Tesla to fail :wink:

1 Like

I don’t really care either way :slight_smile: they’re already like my 6th biggest position.

I still think it’s overvalued and that some people underestimate how the legacy car manufacturers will scale as things transition to electric (unlike tesla who is a new entrant, they couldn’t afford being early).

1 Like

slightly-off-topic: Anyone know where I can buy shares in Tesla Airport?

With the way investors have been scooping up ZOOM, SIGL and TLSA lately… Imagine them building another runway (extension) or something - that’s guaranteed to launch their stock to the moon! :rocket:

(In fact, if they’re clever and made an announcement, then issued new shares post-surge… that would basically make the project finance itself. :bulb:)

1 Like

LOL

Yep here it is:

Nice way to cover emerging markets.
According to awesome graphs on the right, it’s (soon) in the buy zone.

1 Like

@San_Francisco from last Money Stuff:

Anyway if you happen to have a moribund shell of a public company, or if you’re able to acquire one, the business model seems obvious. Sit around monitoring Elon Musk’s Twitter feed and, sure, Clubhouse. Whenever he mentions a thing, change your company’s name to that thing. “Elon Musk Says He Wired Up a Monkey’s Brain to Play Video Games,” it says here. “He’s a happy monkey,” says Musk. You happen to control Hubei Cosmetic Dentistry Supply Inc., which happens to be a U.S. public company trading on the pink sheets for, in round numbers, zero cents per share; you own a lot of the stock.[8] Quick! Change the name to Happy Monkey Brain Video Games Inc. Weirdly the tickers HPPY and MNKY both seem to be available, take your pick. Then your stock rockets up to, like, I dunno, five cents per share, and you sell a ton of it. Then everyone forgets about Musk’s monkey, the stock drops, you buy some of it back at zero-ish cents per share, and you wait for Musk’s next stunt to do it again. If you get bored in the interim and need some money, it seems like the tickers ELON and MUSK are both available. Why not name your company one of those and see if it goes up?

2 Likes

Reminds me of the Cynk Technology Corp (CYNK) scam…

1 Like

What if fuel becomes 10x cheaper because demand will be soo low because everyone drives electric cars? Pure genius if you ask me :smiley:

1 Like

Jokes aside, the ecological footprint of that is still massive. Maybe I’m missing some detail. I don’t want to get into physics, but I guess it would be quite straightforward to calculate the total energy needed to accelerate and decelerate the rocket and then then you’d know the fuel needed. From the video I found out that there are two types of fuel, only one type is fossil fuel, though.