Should I buy TSLA shares?

Could it be that some WSB bois are selling some TSLA in order to buy more GME?..

Well the Earning numbers were not that great… Wallstreet expected higher EPS… they probably will never understand that Tesla puts every single Dollar into growth instead of showing off some crazy earnings…

guilty as charged :wave:

Guys, I don’t like investing in such risky stocks - all investors should have a low-risk “balanced” 60/40 portfolio: 60% GME / 40% AMC

:smiley:

11 Likes

Here’s the Q4 2020 earnings call without all the awkward pauses, fillers and fluff (= 30% shorter):

1 Like

Damn… I’m very tempted to replace my 5 year old Model S with a Plaid+…

Plaid+? Someone’s got the money :smiley:

But yeah, the updated Model S looks sweet inside. Finally got the minimalistic look that I enjoy in Model 3. But what do you think about the yoke? How can one comfortable steer with something like this? I get that they want to make the driver screen fully visible, but the way I’m used to holding the wheel is not compatible with the yoke. Also, no gear/indicator lever? How should this work? You drive on the road and you want to change the lane, how to do this? If this is done with some hidden buttons, it will take some time getting used to.

Compared to any other car that does sub 3 sec 0-100km/h the Model S is a bargain… (Nissan GT-R for ~130k CHF would be the closest competitor)

Yeah that’s just Tesla re-inventing the (steering)-wheel (lol).
I only hold my steering wheel on the bottom left corner because I’m using Autopilot 90% of the time…
The blinkers are on the steeeringwheel as buttons. “Magic gear selection” sounds kind of interesting indeed but it’s only a touch on the screen away… so kind of fair that it doesn’t need a dedicated stick for that.

YOLO go for it! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Indeed, the fastest production car ever. But already Plaid can deliver 1.99s, don’t need Plaid+ for that. But that extra range is sweet indeed. Too bad they use the old batteries, not 4680.

Seriously?? They recently installed hardware 3 in “my” model 3, but I haven’t tested it yet. I don’t trust autopilot and very often it slows down if it’s not entirely sure what the other car is doing (like when a car drives off the autobahn). I like to be in control of the car, I use the cruise control to rest my leg but I just don’t trust the car with the steering (yet).

Also, I’m still a noob driver and I’m really pedantic about driving: always sit straight, both hands on the wheel, at 10 and 2 o’clock. And what about tight turns in Swiss tight roads and mountains? The wheel makes a full 360, can’t imagine this is comfortable with the yoke.

I don’t know… maybe if they were big physical buttons that you can feel without looking, but it looks like they’re touch buttons. Yanking the lever is satisfying and intuitive.

The right lever had more features: cruise control, autopilot, parking mode, (drive, reverse). All this either detected or done through buttons? Hmm…

Also, I’m “afraid” they might port these improvements to the 3 & Y, sooner or later.

Well I have AP1 which is a bit less “cautious”. and yeah only on the highway. well time will tell if the yoke will be convienient for Swiss roads.

drive,reverse,park will be done thru touch screen. Cruise/Autopilot probably with the scroll wheels or also some button.

Maybe this will help focus more on driving, at least on the autobahn. No need to take a hand off the wheel, other than to scratch your balls :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

We’ll see if the steering wheel will be approved in Europe as well, I’m not aware if there are specific requirements for it (like to be 360°… :wink: )

The blinkers on the steering wheel, I guess it should be quite easy to get used to those.

It’s clear Tesla is strongly pushing toward its future FSD goal (I think this steering wheel is a little bit a provocation because the final aim is no wheel at all). We still have to see if this approach does not disrupt too much user’s experience until the fully working features are available. The graphical modifications with last software release is another sign in this direction (aimed to FSD users but provide no added value - on the other hand a step back, imho at least - for standard autopilot users).

Using regularly both, I have to say that I feel AP3 - especially on the highway - more “reliable” for comfortable driving on long distances especially if you chose the slow lane. What it’s still missing - and this drives me nuts in 2021 - is driving signals recognition…

It is so cool that people seem to sell their TSLA stocks for ordering their new car. YOLO!

2 Likes

Okok…some of you mght be too young to understand…

That’s Knight rider’s KITT

2 Likes

The steering wheel is certainly similar, the “not-so-cleaned-up” look not so much . :blush:

Imagine my surprise to learn that the Hoff has been a huge star in DACH… as a singer. He sang when the Berlin wall fell, he also sang in German. And he’s my gf’s fav singer, next to Steve Lee :joy:

1 Like

Having grown up in South Africa and even sharing Elon’s birth year, I can confirm that in the 80’ies little Elon will have watched Knight Rider every Monday evening, at 20:05.

6 Likes