Share your net worth progression

Thought at the beginning of the year that it will take a while to get the 100k on IB but then this happened also! I’m looking at it almost everyday cause i’m not used to it :grimacing: (i bought my first shares in February 2018 with Postfinance E-trading).

There is 30k cash inflows.

9 Likes

Holy shit. Some may think you are taking a piss but this actually matches the NIO chart and what you wrote in another thread. Congrats!

2 Likes

wow… congrats for the impressive performance ! My yearly progression is much more “linear”… of the yearly increase (150k) 77.5k are cash inflows

4 Likes

January was going… pretty good:

I have to admit it feels a bit like cheating but multiple banks did state me a re-evaluated conservative value of 1.1M CHF for my apartment (up 250k in 4 years).

I’m in my 30s…

8 Likes

@MrCheese congrats on the snowflake and f u sir! :wink:

1 Like

Cheers. My inner beancounter wants to tell you to spread this realty valuation over a longer period. Your flat did not become worth so much more overnight.

4 Likes

@arthur thanks :slight_smile:

@Bojack changing historic net worth seems even worse, let’s assume my apartment did appreciate over night… (if GME can, why not my apartment? xD)

@TeaCup bahaha, yeah no, I’m lazy and deferring tax obligations sounds even more complicated. Also me clever, I just never sell so no taxes to be paid… :wink:

1 Like

When did you buy it? I would distribute it evenly, otherwise is just totally screws up your tracking.

2017… before I knew about FIRE and bothered about tracking xD It’s not like I have some trendline or calculation of time to achieve the FU money number or anything that would significantly benefit from spreading it…

Seriously, this is making me anxious. I just can’t handle it. Please spread it out :open_mouth:

7 Likes

No cheating at all. You benefit from the central bank policy’s wealth effect. You wouldn’t if you didn’t own real estate. Well done!

1 Like

Red is my debts (mortgage), blue all my assets, white dot is my NW
My original FI number calculated in 2015 was 2,4 Mio CHF, which I surpassed this month, today I consider FI less a certain amount but rather a spectrum (more money on the side = more freedom)

17 Likes

WOuld you mind sharing the % allocated to each?
Thanks

It would be great if people shared their age or at least age range (30s, 40s, …) with their net worth. That would be helpful to put things in perspective.

7 Likes

and/or years working in Switzerland. Some are still studying at my age and I‘ve been working 8 years.

Great input, will include it in my next update.

1 Like

A big milestone reached yesterday* :slight_smile:

*includes Covid crash

10 Likes

Wow! To the moon! :rocket:

2 Likes

For a beginner, can you confirm that I understand correctly : that mean that you doubled your investment account in a year?

What TWR and MWR mean?

Sorry for the dumb questions…

Yes, time weighted (TWR) return is the return on my portfolio assets, without withdrawals/deposits.

1 Like