Share your net worth progression

It is 4 years.

In the fall of 2017 I opened a 3a account with a Swisscanto fund and transfered it to VIAC in the beginning of 2018.

1 Like

How do you account for Pillar 3A on portfolio performance? Do you track every component of the VIAC portfolio or just record the overall value?

I just imported all PDFs from VIAC, it imports all transactions, dividends, tax refunds, fees and interest. You need to manually add the provider for the quotes:

Here is the feed URL: https://amfunds.credit-suisse.com/ch/de/institutional/fund/history/

2 Likes

Thanks that is useful, i was able to add the data feed for the various funds.
More difficult, how do you import the PDFs from VIAC ? I have 176 PDFs…

Via PDF Bank Documents.

Make sure that you also create a VIAC cash account

What programm is this?

1 Like

And if you want to use a dot . as a separator and not a comma, use this as a command line parameter:

-nl de_CH

Works for Mac and Windows and afaik is not documented anywhere,

Might be instructional for us to hear details of your lesson. Are you up for it? :smiley:

As my portfolio is growing I’m reaching certain milestones way sooner than expected. Couple of months ago it looked like I will get to 100k networth by end of 2021, now summer 2021 seems more realistic.

31.10.2020 I was at 65k networth, 31.01.2021 (3 months later) I’ll be at 80-81k. Only ~40% of that increase is due to saving.

3 Likes

I was aiming for 180-190k at IB for my investments at the end of 2020, but then this happened:

13 Likes

I’m also reaching NW of 400K much sooner as expected but be aware that in a bullish market also the opposite can happen.

6 Likes

Lol did you buy Tesla?

Not a single share. But I dissolved my passive EM portfolio by mid 2020 and I’m now 40/60 in ETF/active. Of my active allocation, roughtly 25% in HK, 50% in USA and 25% in Europe.

Bought some TSLA and ABTC (21 Shares ETP) months ago not very early but still both 100% plus.

1 Like

What is your passive portfolio looking like? Mostly ark or the classic vt?

I finally managed to import 2020 transactions into my Beancount. It’s been a nightmare and it took way longer than I thought… but here it is.

It includes the period from 2010 to 2015 when I was working in Poland. It’s funny how flat it looks. I was really saving! It also includes 95k of 2nd pillar. Here the full split:

11 Likes

VTI+VGT+VEA+EMXC+EMQQ is a combined 30% of total, ARKG+ARKW+TAN is another 10%. Everything else is stocks.

1 Like

This is without any cash inflows?
Impressive!

Thank you. This is with 30k in inflows. Plan for 2020 was (145+30)*1.07 = 185k, ended up much better.
Still didn’t beat ARKK though, although to my excuse my allocation until mid 2020 was nonsense.

Today is a first red day in a while thanks to another hit job by the orange idiot. Xiaomi is apparently a Chinese military company.

1 Like