Share your net worth progression

Mostly sideways in 2022. High spending due to wedding/honeymoon and Mr. Market taking a dump.

Some key figures:

• Stonks YoY: -28.5k
  • Cryptos YoY: -13.5k
  • NW YoY: +9.5k (+35k including 2nd pillar)
8 Likes

And now for me :

Actual Net Worth, without 2nd pillar and cumulatitive invested money on the left axle, savings per month and per rolling 12 months on the right axle. The inflexion is due to my wife and I taking a new job (well mainly my wife since hers was zero before).Aiming for a savings rate of 100k CHF/y.

Dividends are not included in the savings, but “internal”.

Missed the goal on crossing the 400k line due to the events we know about, but hey, that’s life. The trend line for net worth (green) is still steeper than the paid in trend line (red). The red dots are pretty aligned, even while we do not have a budget and just investing the surplus each month (and my wife’s irregular income since she is paid on an hourly wage).

3 Likes

This year wasn’t too nice with the stock and crypto market.

On top I had to pay of a lot of taxes due to a salary jump in 2020 (and it takes ages to evaluate for the canton and I don’t like opportunity cost, so I pay when I get the bill and not based on expected taxes)

2 Likes

Am I the only one who is driven crazy by these numbers without the apostrophes or with Rappen? :rofl:

4 Likes

Maybe it’s just you. According to your nickname, you are used to be driven crazy , @Luk_nuts :smiley:

What “bothers” me a bit, are all those excel graphs with tiiiny dates on the bottom, all crammed together and not a single spike to understand where a year ends. :slight_smile:

There you go, another one! Even added year end values :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Cool, thanks! Is it normal that your 2nd pillar does not grow at all?

Full time studying until recently and only 23 years old, so not much contributing to pillar 2 (yet) :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s nice! I thought that from age 17 to 25, contributions cover only death and disability. Can it be up to your pension fund to let you contribute before turning 25?

1 Like

Wow! I’m jealous of your great start - keep it up!

3 Likes

I can tell you more as soon as I get that pension fund document for last year. But I know that I can choose either 0.5% or 3.5% and the employer contributes another 3.5% for my age group. This whole death, disability and other contributions are all too complicated for me… :sweat_smile:

Thank you! Been saving since my apprenticeship and it has been laying around as cash in bank accounts for a a few years… Now there is a good use for it, you can see the decline in cash in the graph.

1 Like

Another one! Maried couple (30yo & 29 yo with a baby)

• Red dot: date of marriage with my wife
  • Green dot: NW at year end 2021

Total NW delta for 2021 amounts to CHF 59’110

In 2023 we won’t be able to save that much money, I hope Mr Market will compensate :wink:

10 Likes

It’s my turn :slight_smile: Couple of 2 (not married).

Last year was terrible for us in the financial part and for the personnal situation of my girlfriend (burn-out and depression). I was in internship and I had to cover all of our expense during this year with my monthly CHF 3’500.- net for approximatively CHF 3’000-3’300.- of monthly expenses. However, instead of investing in the market, I invest in myself this year (2x CAS in data protection and digital finance law).

Here are our numbers:

This year (2023) we should be able to invest in the market as we both have news jobs, in the same new Canton, and we recently move to another Canton ! A brand new adventure !

15 Likes

One more! Couple of 2, M28 and F29.

We basically started with zero when we arrived in Switzerland. Then internships, first job and second job for both.
We invest a rather big chunk of our salary (at least from my perspective), mostly in VT.

I really like this thread, super-inspiring!! :slight_smile:

16 Likes

good luck setting a new baseline!

1 Like

My net worth progressed slowly in 2022 but no massive downside:

I didn’t expect to have extra cash to convert to equity:

My goal for 2023 I will be to invest the extra cash to reach my target of 60%.
I am more risk adverse with the family growing but hopefully I will get more confident once I will know the cost of the daycare.

11 Likes

~25k per kid per year, fulltime. you’re welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

In Geneva , I have seen 3700 chf per month for private daycare.
I am looking for Any reference for 5 days 8am-6pm a week at a rate of 2500chf per month.

Excuse me, WTF, no way you are paying 25k per month for 1 kid, did you maybe mean 2.5k per month or 25k per year?
For 25k a month I’ll quit my job and take care of your children :rofl:

4 Likes

25k CHF per year maybe :sweat_smile:

1 Like