Share your net worth progression

I’m not invested on margin. I bought RE in Bosnia for 16k, build a new gaming PC for 5k and took a 7k loan from my GF as my 10k emergency fund wasn’t enough to cover those “unexpected costs” lol. So my emergency fund is at 0 since 4 months and I’m paying back my GF till end of this year. But don’t worry. I’ll receive a bonus of around 16-24k in February next year. I’ll use it to rebuild my EF of 10k and invest the rest.

Then I’ll post an update :smiley:

2 Likes

Just coming back from Bosnia and enjoying 50.- coffees I still have no clue what 16k would buy you :slight_smile: . Did you write about that investment decision in some other thread?

520 m2 and 430 m2 land. One for my future vacation house and probably FIRE headquarter and the other for building something to rent out (it’s a 15min drive to the ski resort where the olympic games were played in 1984). But I will probably not do anything there in the next 10-15 years.

5 Likes

So, soaring until February, got it. xD Glad your relationship with your girlfriend is going well enough for her to lend you 7k to buy a gaming PC (and real estate). Though I guess it’s sort of paying itself off mining crypto.

Looking forward for that update. :slight_smile:

Aww, I expected a villa with 3 bedrooms and a pool.

5 Likes

I’ve finally decided to share my (tiny) net worth.

To sum up a bit my situation:

• I’m a trainee lawyer (1st of June 2021 to 30th June 2022).
  • I’m earning 3’500 CHF net per month.
  • I opened a first 3a account on May 2020 with VIAC (+30%) and a second one in January 2021 (+18%).
  • I’ve invested with Selma in 2020, and closed it in March 2021.
  • I had a lot of cash in January 2021.
  • I opened an IB account in April 2021 and invested 30’000 CHF on VT.
  • Since then, I’m investing 2’500 CHF each month from my cash cushion and save that I could make despite my unemployment indemnities and internship salary.
  • I’ve been investing in cryptocurrencies [Bitcoin (CHF 50), Ethereum (CHF 50) and Swissborg Token (CHF 50)] every two weeks with Swissborg since June 2021 (300 CHF per month). I am positive :stuck_out_tongue:

So here are my net worth at the end of August:

17 Likes

Funny visualisation with the apparent collapse in Sept :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I take a model from @arturofich and GoldenPioche.ch – Financial tips and life hacks :slight_smile:

The collapse in September is just because I have to wait the end of the month to put new data. But indeed, it’s a bit weird (or a prediction, who knows ?).

1 Like

The area around the olympic villages is quite close to Sarajevo and beautiful. Currently most places are a pain to get to because of bad roads.
But there is quite some tourist potential. I’d guess the investment outcome depends a lot on how the country develops in the next decades.

1 Like

Why the yellow stock part stays always stable?

1 Like

Hi there eagle eye, :smiley:

I have removed cash and crypto so that you can see that it is not exactly flat:

However I agree with you that the performance is not great. You can see I was doing OK before covid. Things are taking off slowly, but I’m far from a Mustachian allocation. Let’s say that I have made the mistake of wanting to be a stock picker and I have left money on the table. I’m transitioning to more and more passive index funds. In fact that is why there is a dent around June 2021: I sold a big sucky position and I bought VT with the proceeds. During that time (a bit over a month) the money was in cash.

Thanks for the insight. Still some allocation optimization to make. I’m (slowly) working in a graph that will let me see the allocation quite clearly. I have still a lot of “a little bit of this, a little bit of that”.

:smiley:
Actually looks pretty good. Mine is bit more basic, with different graphs.
I have two brokers, and the majority is not in ETFs. The first one opened 3 years ago and it’s doing good, with some NIO at 5 and TSLA (I wish I purchased more…), the second one I started in Jan this year, with a portion in VT and singles stocks, and unfortunately there I’m underperforming VT :confused: (I will cut my finger, if I’ll go again with penny stocks)

2 Likes

Why keeping su much “employer stocks”? I mean, in hindsight I should have kept all mine (and bought some more) but the rational arguments are strongly against keeping them.

7 Likes

Maybe they are not yet vested(?)

Almost this.

They were vested very recently and even though the rational thing would’ve been selling everything off, I was scared to impact the price because it is not very liquid, so I sold a bit, and I’ve been selling off gradually. Unfortunately every time I sell the price is lower than the time before… :frowning: So the decrease that you see in the graph is partly due to the sales and partly to the value lost. So yes, you can present me with a big effin’ told-you-so. :wink:

2 Likes

In that case they should not be in the NW at all.

1 Like

Why? People include 2nd and 3rd pillars that may “vest” in decades from now…In that regard I find it reasonable to include unvested shares that will vest in a couple of years, no?

2 Likes

2nd and 3rd pillar are yours to keep. They might not be liquid, but they are yours. Unvested RSUs instead will be all gone the day stop working for that company, one way or another: they are just the carrot held in front of your nose to keep working for them.

6 Likes

Ok I see your point on performance/bonus related unvested shares and I agree.

I was mostly referring to employer schemes where you buy subsidised shares against a vesting period. These are yours no matter if you decide to leave the company.

1 Like

Or where you get some shares as part of your compensation with some kind of vesting period, which was my case. That is why I have always included them at market value in my NW although the fiscal value is lower due to this vesting period. Once I left the company they all became unrestricted shares. I will have to pay extra taxes in 2021 for this.