Postfinance and Swissquote launch a new app called Yuh

Aaaand they have implemented eBill according to the latest message. Anyone wants to try?

Looks like Yuh is moving more and more in the direction of online banking, which is an excellent development.

4 Likes

Isn’t it their objective? I test it quickly last year but I’m not their targeted customer. However, they are more and more attractive.

Depends what you mean with “objective”. They make money from currency exchange and trading fees, so the improvement of banking is to attract more clients that might also invest and use Yuh card abroad.

I am ready to bet that the next step will be 3a, an account and an investment offer, by themselves or via a partner. All Swiss neobanks doing this :joy:.

1 Like

Exactly this :slight_smile:

I mean they are targeting young fresh people who make their first income with a part-time job between their studies or their first job and who are looking a free friendly bank app similar to Revolut/N26/Neon/Zak. But with the possibility to spend few francs in cryptocurrency or in ETF/equity.

I agree with you for the next step about 3a (probably with Postfinance solution).

2 Likes

No need to bet, they have a public roadmap. And yes, pillar 3a is next.

I wonder however how they will develop with regards to pricing. Initially they stated that it’s only free as initial offer and that they would offer packages later on. Nothing of that sort is visible anymore.

5 Likes

Do you know if it is possible to register the shares in the register of investors (like on Swissquote for example)?

Yeah, that‘s not possible.

Edit: I find it unfortunate as well. However, if Yuh trading (or investing as they call it) becomes too good and feature rich, they will start cannibalising SwissQuote.

1 Like

Meanwhile Yuh in total silence replaced all US ETFs they offer with European analogs. I don’t know yet what to think about it.

4 Likes

I guess their legal department finally checked the legislation. That was definitely the most surprising part of yuh for me.

What if you bought them already?

Why should anything change with shares you already bought?

They can’t just sell them for you or exchange them for other funds - that would be way more illegal than just offering a US-domiciled fund they (maybe) weren’t intended to promote.

For VWRD I’m just bamboozled why they just offer USD-Trading for these… maybe to just profit from exchange rate fees.?

1 Like

How do you pay in when you have cash? With Einzahlungsschein or what?

1 Like

I’m trying to find more info about yuh’s exchange rate vs others and I happened to go here:

I’ve never seen such bad comparison, badly written to the point of fraud maybe.
Sometimes I wonder if 5 y olds write those sites…

Harsh? Maybe. But if you compare stuff and both cards have the same offer, then write the same text ( online spending). For international spending they even gave point upside down. Or maybe 1. is best and 10 is worse?

1 Like

It’s probably not 5 year olds. And I don’t think they intend to provide you a thorough comparison. It‘s nothing more than a clever attempt at generating referral commission income with minimum effort. The site design with its prominent „call to action“ buttons screams it:

How To Open a Swiss Bank Account Online for Non-Residents

Headline: „Opening a Swiss Bank Account Online as a Non-Resident in 2022
Further down: „Neon will, however, require proof of residence in Switzerland to open an account.

Laughably.

1 Like

It’s a pitty, that if you want to convert from CHF to EUR, it shows as CHFEUR price, so unusual.
Example (just from the yuh interface, haven’t exchanged yet):
CHFEUR 1.005394, EURCHF yuh 0.9946 (calculated by me) compared to FXCM (via TradingView) 0.9850. That’s roughly 1% more.

Isn’t that how currency pairs usually work? I would guess there’s also some spread applying when yuh exchanges currencies, could this explain part of the difference?

and the answer is available in Yuh price list. They apply a 0.95% margin fee. However, I’m lost between payments and transfers. The list doesn’ specify when the margin applied.

3 Likes

The “standard” forex pair is EURCHF and USDCHF not CHFEUR and CHFUSD.

1 Like

anyone accepted the special offer from Postfinance to open Yuh and get 50chf? I did it but didn’t get the 50chf. yet.

1 Like