New Postfinance services/fees

Could be, but I don’t withdraw cash from my PF account, I use another bank for that.

I have >25 K in ETFs on e-trading, there is no fee on that

Yes, you are right, I got confused, sorry for that.

No way your fault, PFs communication is well… not very clear.
If they would charge 0,15% by the way, I’d be gone.

Idem. Just double checked online too. No change.

Where’s this 0.15% talk coming from then?

New fee (from 1.1.22) at Postfinance for funds held with them.
Not charged on stocks or ETF’s (yet)!

2 Likes

See see… the latest bank in Switzerland to launch ApplePay: PostFinance. Now it should just be free…

2 Likes

Hey thanks for the heads up! I’ve been waiting for this. I didn’t find any mention of special transaction costs when using Apple Pay. On this page the Prices link takes to the general credit card pricing page - they are priced the same as before.

Can someone explain the added value of Apple Pay? In the real world, it’s usually more convenient to just carry a credit card in your pocket, than to have to whip out your smartphone and wait for it to connect with the payment terminal. Online, not that many sellers accept Apple Pay, but all accept a regular credit card. If there is a risky counterparty, just enter the Revolut card.

1 Like

Apple Pay is way faster, especially if you are using it on the watch. Double-press the button and move your wrist near the contactless terminal - done. Plus the wallet can stay in the bag/pocket. Plus it works without a pin even for amounts larger then 40/80 CHF.

2 Likes

What about security? I mean, if someone stole your device will he be able to use all the function as Apple (Samsung, Android, Google) Pay without taping a PIN or something like that?

Like @Bojack, I don’t understand the advantages of having an apple pay (and their likes) instead pf using your contactless card :thinking:

I pull out the credit card out of my front pocket in my pants (I don’t carry a wallet) and it’s done. Takes 1 second, no double-pressing anything. Which is faster? My boss likes to support new technologies, so he always pays with TWINT. It sometimes takes a long time to authorize the payment, and people are waiting in line :stuck_out_tongue: .

I get the thing with Apple Watch, just for me personally it wouldn’t work, I can’t stand any accessories on my body, watches in particular.

2 Likes

No, the watch requires a pin input as soon as it is no longer on your wrist. Perhaps if the thief can somehow get past that. You can also disable it remotly supposedly (never tried). Probably best to disable your credit card though if that does not work, just like if you lose the real credit card.

This is good to know :slight_smile:

You will have to wait until you reach home to do it if the thief stole you smartphone, better than not having the possibility to do it. I’m just maybe oversceptical about the security of this kind of new feature technology, although I will be the first to recommend it once I will use it… I’ll maybe give it a try with neon on my iPhone :slight_smile:

No idea about apple pay, but assuming gpay is similar.

I’ve been using gpay for over a year and it’s just more convenient for me. I have a slim wallet so taking out the credit card takes some time while I always have my smartphone in my pocket/hand.

FYI it’s very different from twint, it uses nfc so it’s same speed as contactless on physical card. If you store your credit card directly on your pocket then yeah it should be the same, but then if you use your phone you can just store your credit card somewhere else and use one object instead of two :slight_smile:

I pay 100% with Apple Pay. it’s just a double-press using the apple watch (no mask faceid issues)

Now think of your scenario when a Pin is needed.

I forgot my wallet at home a couple of times and I was able to buy lunch on my phone with Twint. So it is a useful backup but otherwise I agree

Perhaps in the future when adoption is high we can all forgot about wallets and carry less stuff as a result(?)

1 Like

These micro-optimizations sound really funny to me, really pushing it to find a justification. You don’t have to carry a wallet, just put the card in your pocket. I do this since forever and never lost it. Regarding PIN over 80 CHF: how often does this happen? I make 1 big shopping per week, I can commit 3 seconds to entering the PIN. With Apple Pay you get yet another big company who gains access to your spending habits. I mean, feel free to use it, but I don’t see the point why one should get excited about it.

A real advantage of TWINT is that you can send money to someone just knowing their phone number. No bank account number or payment terminal necessary. I paid like this in a couple of situations: restaurant without terminal, private sports coach, friend.

4 Likes

Agree, I rarely use. Be careful carrying a card in your pocket though - I shattered my mine skiing due to the cold so I always carry it in a wallet now ! :slight_smile:

Multiple cards on the same device.
No PIN entry required.
No risk of losing my card (having it stolen) and using my card details.
Very quick payment process (unlike Twint, I believe).

2 Likes