Mustachian phone plan

You can also look on Ricardo for those codes. You just have to make sure that the first 4 characters are not the same as the ones you have already used. Most of them are cheaper than what that voucher is worth (I’m selling one too there :slight_smile:)

1 Like

Yallo is banging it again with sweet deals.

Or if you need more internet abroad

2 Likes

I‘m looking for a pure „pay as you go“ plan, i.e. no recurring monthly fees.
Basically all I need is to have a CH number, no incoming/outgoing calls, no data (always on WiFi) and rarely receiving a text message.

Any hints? I guess the CHF 40 activation fee can‘t be ditched?

Easily. Many „Prepaid“ operators have promotions.
Yallo or Salt are offering free SIM at the moment, available on their web sites.

PS: noticing you could be British, Salt PrePay has relatively inexpensive rates to abroad „just in case“.

I have Sunrise “We Mobile M” for unlimited data and calls in Switzerland, together with a “Freedom Loyality Discount”, which cost me 10 min call with a sunrise agent, I pay monthly 65 - 37 = 28.-

Take a look to this provider:

• Digitec Connect (they have often offer)
  • Yallo Swype
  • Wingo Mobile
  • Yallo

My girlfriend and I recently change ourQoQa deal plan with Sunrise to move with Digitec Connect and we took their offer of 240 CHF swiss illimited data and phone for 12 month.

1 Like

Sunrise and Swisscom (!) have a decent pay as you go if you need only the number. If you need to make a phone call, both have limits. Swisscom is 90cts/hour, while sunrise I think it’s 50. Sunrise let you send sms online, 20 per month free.

Thanks all.
For my personal use, I already have the digitec connect unlimited (CHF 240).
For the prepaid, I signed up with yallo. Free card with CHF 10 credit (from which I likely need to use 25 Rp. a year for a sms to avoid service interruption due to inactivity.

27.50 CHF per month. Swisscom network (best and fastest in Switzerland).

… any recommendations for (prepay) data-sims when traveling within Europe? I know, buying a local SIM is the cheapest - but I don’t like the hassle to buy a SIM in every country (e.g. traveling through 5 countries in 2 Weeks).

I went quite well with three.uk data-sims I bought from here: https://www.mymemory.co.uk/mobile/mobile-phone/sim-cards.html (or ebay / amazon)

They offer 12GB (now 35£, lasting 12 Month) or 20 GB (now 28£, lasting 30 days, 36GB when in UK, otherwise the fair use policy kicks in). You get free roaming within Europe (and more, 71 countries included)
But: They have quite drastically increased their prices, around 8-10£ each (Brexit maybe?)

So I’m wondering, if there are any similar offers…?

They did’t really increase their price. If you check here it is around 30 EUR what it used to cost all the time. The price always fluctuates a bit, also on mymemory. Just wait until it goes down again.

My three card has expired some months ago and I’m thinking about buying a new one. But I’m not sure if the Brexit had some effect on the countries available within Europe. Anybody any experience since the beginning of this year with this card?

I think they did… For the last 3 year I bought around 10-15 sim cards from mymemory, and I always paid around 20-21£ for the 36Gb card (now 28£) and 28£ for the 12GB card (now 35£)… anyway… maybe I was just lucky then :wink:

… was wondering the same about the service starting from 2021, the cards I have are not activated (yet)…

are there any (EU) prepay alternatives that one can get easily as the one from three.uk?

For international travel I use eSIMs from https://www.airalo.com/ had good experiences with them in US and Mexico so far.

1 Like

If you compare the past prices on amazon.co.uk then I guess you were definitely lucky with your prices :wink: (see here)

I searched a long time for prepaid data SIM that can be used all over Europe and finally I ended with Three.co.uk. All the other options were more expensive or too complicated for my case (I need about 1 GB per month). If you activate the card, let me know if/how it works in Switzerland/Europe, I’m interested! If it works, I’ll order this again for future travel trips.

… any recommendations for (prepay) data-sims when traveling within Europe?

Actually you just need one for European Union. There is no more roaming inside of EU.

Why Not an option with yallo ?
40 for 40gb in Europe.

Nice promo from Yallo on FAT plan. 23CHF flat in CHF / 200mb roaming / 60 calls from CH to EU and US

1 Like

By the way, question for those who are with Digitec Connect: what’s the best way to know that they’re selling discounted vouchers? Is there a newsletter for it?

Put the article in your wish list, you will receive an email if the price drop.
Dont forget to enable notifications in your profile.

1 Like

By the way i do not understand why you prefer digitec connect compared to yallo (same network).

Any reason ?