Mustachian phone plan

I can absolutely confirm that threatening UPC customer support does give you discounts and promotions. I once got the 100MBit/s internet for 6 months for free because it was always overloaded in the evenings (was when the offer was brand new in Lucerne).

3 Likes

When I moved from Swisscom to Wingo for my internet, Swisscom offered me 12 month at -50% if I sign for two more years. It was almost interesting when taking into account all the costs.

Lol, I think everyone here will start making threatening phone calls to UPC :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Indeed, but they will pretty easily activate this for you if you start the contract cancellation process.
I just did that as I didn’t mind killing the contract and “reactivating” in a month - they called to ask why and immediately offered to just continue it on my existing one.

PSA: Don’t use Lycamobile! It’s fucking bullshit that you can’t trust at all.

They randomly charged me a 15CHF package called “MBOS” leaving me without a working phone during the day.

I haven’t had such issues in the past, but I switched from them to Salt due to terrible quality of service and terrible web interface.

It was not free though… It cost me 15CHF and I really didn’t have any credit anymore.

There is a one time offer (like last year) for digitec connect, where you get 12 month unlimited data + 1gb roaming for 240.- (so 20.-/m). Thought I’d share it here:
https://www.digitec.ch/de/page/1-jahr-unlimitiert-surfen-mit-digitec-connect-fuer-240-18179

2 Likes

Hi !

Yallo black Friday : flat un CH for 19 per monte!
PM me for reference code and get a 1 month for free

Digitec connect is 100 chf for 12 months for 3GB of which 1GB can be abroad. You get more GB with friends and family.

4 Likes

Thanks - ordered!

I already got a new prepaid card from Salt to make calls abroad a few weeks ago and am in the process of transferring my number. What I was missing and had been looking for was cheap domestic calls, a few GB of internet, and (ideally) some roaming internet.

Perfectly fits the bill at 7.70/month :+1:t2: (As I understand it, the first month is always free anyway, and the 12 months period starts when you redeem the voucher, so you can get almost 13 months for 100 CHF when registering as a new customer).

It is a second SIM card - but that’s no issue problem, since digitec connect offers eSIM and I have an eSIM-iPhone. And on the upside, I will be having access to both Salt and Sunrise networks).

• calls within Switzerland
  • SMS within Switzerland
  • mobile internet in CHF (I have been using a bit less than 2GB each month)
  • calls from CH to abroad (almost always to fixed line, Salt Prepay charges 1-3 cents/minute)
  • internet when roaming abroad (1GB is enough, especially in these times)

For me, this should cover all my iPhone usage at 10 CHF/month max. for a year. :grinning:

The convenient thing with digitec connect is, that you can buy offers within that year. 15 chf/month is the most expensive offers for the base abo.

Thanks as well xorfish. I would have missed it otherwise :slight_smile:

Cool!

Can you keep your number if you switch from another provider?
(actually would be the same, as Yallo is also backed by Sunrise ultimately)

Digitec Connect? Yes, it’s super comfortable, they take care of it.

1 Like

I don’t understand this. What offers do you mean?

I just checked their price list but I don’t get it. :hushed:

You can buy 12 month vouchers from them that you can trade in at any time.

So if they offer a 12 month voucher for 180 chf for their base subscription, then you can buy it even if the last voucher is still active.

If there isn’t an active voucher, then you pay 25 chf per month.

1 Like

Ah, ok, thank you.

One important thing to know is that you can only use one voucher from one promotion.
You couldn’t buy more than one Black Friday voucher and then use them for the same subscription, for example.

Long term I’ve been paying less than the 25.-, too. There is always one promotion or the other going on.

1 Like

Thanks.
Didn’t stumble upon this limitation when I bought mine and don’t think they made that very clear (though it was late a night). I was thinking about buying more than, cause they do tell you they can be redeemed without an expiry date.