Mustachian phone plan

Good offer. Especially if you have teenage daughters that are maybe ashamed to have “Lidl” as their phone carrier.

Although I just saw the 60CHF sim activation fee, which is quite high…

Why would one get that one if they can ger the same for 9.95 at go-mo.ch?

go-mo appears to be 4G only, and their 9.95 lifetime pricing is marketed as „for the first 50k customers“.

1 Like

Actually if you go to salt.ch you can get the same offers for free until end 2022.

The 20.22 CHF/month Salt „Smart“ is slightly more expensive - and it‘s not free until the end of the year. But more importantly, you don‘t get the Chicorée VIP points as a bargain-hunting fashionista.

Side note: somehow a confusing naming, how Salt‘s „Swiss“ price plan includes some roaming data and calls - yet the „Smart“ plan isn‘t smart enough to do so.

Well I guess there is always a provider running a special promo :man_shrugging:
Just take in to account you will miss out on the VIP-Points if you opt for go-mo.ch

Seriously, mobile phone plans are a race to the bottom.

1 Like

That is so nice for us customers though. A few years ago I would have never believed that I would get an unlimited all subscription for switzerland on the Swisscom network for 19.95.- a month for unlimited time.

I would love to see the same for internet access, which seems to have pretty stable pricing.

1 Like

Hi folks,

I have a company phone which I can use for private usage, and which I use for calling but would like to use a private phone for some roaming (not included in the company phone) and some whatsapp, etc. and to avoid all the multi factor authentification hustle if I ever leave the company.
I found a decent quickline offer for 10CHF:

Does anyone have experiences with Quickline? Everyone is recommending Salt here…

1 Like

Why not https://www.go-mo.ch ?

This is 10/2 = 5 days per month and your are covering the cost you mention with swisscom.

1 Like

Can you use those 100VIP points, get the 10CHF voucher and use it to pay for the mobile phone plan?

A 10’000 mAh powerbank for one-time Fr 20, connected to your phone (hotspot), is fully flexible and will solve your case differently but just as nicely.

5 Likes

Nice offer from Lidl 11.95 chf per month with 10gb.

One day left.

1 Like

FYI regarding TalkTalk. I’ve signed for their offer which was discussed in this thread. Got one PDF with the contract on the 1st page, information leaflet about Swiss Deal tariff (the one from the contract) on the 3rd page, etc. Recently was travelling, so I contacted them to double-check how much data abroad is included in my tariff. They replied 1 GB, whereas in the information leaflet it was written 10 GB. Double-checking again and yes, in the contract it was also written 1 GB. They replied:

“Unfortunately, what you signed on your contract is valid.
What you see on the data sheet is a typo.”

I’ve asked for possibility to receive some sort of compensation for this at least very misleading typo - no reply… Seems their Customer Support is not that good as was the offer.

Do you think the fact that both documents were part of the same PDF, may be contractually binding?

1 Like

Contract is binding as well as general terms which certainly contains a disclaimer for typo in marketing material.

1 Like

I don’t want to waste my time to check this, but if it is the case…then it is “smart”. Anyway, treating customers like that is not a good practice and I will be looking to change them after contractual period ends, even if I’ll have to pay more.

4 Likes

Think you could try to cancel the contract due to them misleading you (since they basically admitted their mistake).

1 Like

Has somebody here changed from Digitec (or a similar reseller) to yallo and transferred the mobile number?

The yallo support is unfortunately pretty useless and I receive contradicting answers. Maybe somebody here can help.

Currently I am using Digitec Connect (unlimited calls & data within switzerland for CHF 20/month; prepaid with a voucher running until 26.05.2022) and want to move (as seamlessly as possible) to yallo once the voucher runs out. I purchased the yallo black plan on Black friday and intend to use it after 26.05.2022. Yallo sim has already arrived but it shows a generic error message (something like “there has been a problem with the transfer of your number”) when I log in into my yallo account.

Yallo support says I need to fill in a power of attorney to transfer the number. The same support says I solely need to send a sms with “JA” to 499, which should then initiate the transfer (which can take up to 10 work days I have been told, so it was recommended to do that 10 working days before the Digitec voucher expires).

I would not mind if the transfer happens a few days earlier or later instead of exactly 26.05.2022, but I fear a mixup, which is in connection with a rather useless support not what I desire.

Anyone that has experience for this kind of problem?

Every time I moved my numbers, I had to fill a power of attorney in order to allow new provider t to “ask” the number to the previous one (included Yallo as a new provider).

1 Like

I signed up for go-mo a while ago. It’s probably the worst network coverage I have ever had and I am talking about central Zurich - I often don’t even have edge when I travel in the tram. Is Salt (the network go-mo is using) really that bad? According to their network coverage maps, I should have 4G almost everywhere but that’s fat from true

1 Like