Mustachian phone plan [2023]

well, yallo black is no longer on offer at the moment, you might need to wait until black friday

Unless you click here

That’s interesting. If I open that page and click on “Order now” while I’m logged into my Yallo account, I get “ Oops This page doesn’t exist.”. In an incognito window, it seems to work. :slight_smile:

They called me recently in order to offer this deal. If you call them or chat with them, they should be happy to sell you this offer even today.

In order to cut off roaming data when your quota is reached, you can setup the roaming limit to CHF 0 in your client portal :

If you know a Student with a SWITCH edu-ID, he can creat an Account on Galaxus mobile for the CH unlimited offer (normal Price 19 chf/month) an invite four other people. With the Friends+Family each Save 4 chf. If the Student is the Main contract holder each Person also Profit from a reduction of 3 chf. So you Can geht the offer for 12 chf. You can Connect you Here to find a friend for your Galaxus mobile :wink:

https://mobile.galaxus.ch/mobile/en/

2 Likes

This is an important information (that the student has to be the main account holder).
Thank you.

I am wondering if anyone already have som experience with Galaxus Mobile. The reviews are more or less okay (for CHF 15 p.m. absolutely fine).

Nevertheless, I will wait for Black Friday :slight_smile:

We got galaxus, all fine. What I like, you can get 2nd sim card for 5 Chf/month (to put in any device), and you can do everything online easily.

2 Likes

I have it as well, using it for 2 years now (previously it was called digitec connect, but it’s the exact same thing) and have no complaints so far.

This “multisim” option is even free for the first 12 months currently. :grinning:
I would change, but alas, my contract with Salt lasts another few months.
What I also like about Galaxus Connect is no min. contract duration, no crazy Fr 59 (or similar) fee for joining i.e. the SIM card, etc. Simply put “no-nonsense” that so many other providers are known for.

1 Like

My mom is visiting CH for 2-3 months. Anybody has recommendation on prepaid card that has unlimited data?

Swype! With one month free.

4 Likes

Hmm, very interesting, thank you.
Didn’t have them on my radar.

Since i am 11 of 12 months in Switzerland, this could be a very nice option (beside Galaxus Mobile).
Unfortunately, there is no 5G for Swipe (I am not paying 9 per months for that), but if 300mb/s are more or less reached, this is fine.

@Ardius : do you have Swype? Are you happy with it? How is the speed in buildings?

Edit: GoMo from Salt has also unlimited Internet/Calls/SMS for 9.95 per month. No minimum term, you can cancle with a 30 day notice period.
Also no 5G, but 4G+. When being abroad, one could use Airalo or another tourist e-sim provider.

But I have no idea how GoMo is, maybe I will switch to them in December, let’s see.

What do you need 5G for on your mobile device?

Valid question, I honestly do not know.
When you would have asked a younger xerox5003, he would say: SPEED!

But nowadays - and since I see, that with my carrier Salt I only get rarely higher than 250mb/s -, it really does not matter at all. At home, I have real 8gbit/s, this is where it is needed. But you are right, 5G is not very important.

Of course, there are rare occations in e.g. Zurich where I have 1.3gb/s with Salt and it’s fun to have it. But for what. I can ready my e-mails and stream Netflix with 100mb/s. I do not pay 34.95 per month for that.

So, I will definitely have a more in depth look at GoMo, Swype and Galaxus Mobile. Swype is probably the most convenient way (with the roaming option) and Galaxus has 1GB included, which is okayish.

I do not have swype but they are owned by sunrise if I remember well.

The interesting part with swype is that you can stop your subscription and restart again every month. Kind of hybrid product between prepay and contract. Some friends use Swype for their seasonal workers. They come to Switzer land 2-3 months per year. Super easy to reactivate the number when they come.

For 2-3 months I would test it at least with the 30 months notice.

For one year, I would go maybe with a subscription with a 30-60 day cancel notice.

I have but 5G but honestly I don’t need it. When I search for a mobile contract, I look at https://www.dschungelkompass.ch/ and filter win a minimum speed of 100mb/s

This website has almost all provider, few missings (talktalk, for example).

Avoid go-mo, a friend worked for them and the implementation is a disaster, really.

3 Likes

GoMo in Switzerland and GoMoWorld abroad.

Received a mail from yallo swype this morning without numbers though:

What can you expect from swype from September 2023?

:heavy_check_mark:Reduced prices
:heavy_check_mark:Free access to the 5G network included
:heavy_check_mark:New tariffs for international calls and roaming
:heavy_check_mark:Many new countries in our roaming offer
:heavy_check_mark:A brand new look and feel to our app and website for a great experience

We hope you’re as excited about these changes as we are.
We’ll keep you updated via email in August: Here we’ll update you on all the new developments, so you’ll be up to date once the changes come into effect in September.

1 Like

Yallo and Swype are not the same.

1 Like

Yes they were: Yallo Swype: So funktioniert das digitale Mobile-Abo-Onboarding

You’re correct that now it’s only Swype, I still had the old name in my mind sorry :slightly_smiling_face:.