Mustachian phone plan [2023]

I have sunrise on work phone and Swisscom (through coop mobile) on private. I think the comparison is probably specific to each region but in Swiss Romand, I have had the same experience as @Cortana…big differences on coverage in head to head comparison (having both phones on me).

Side comment: co-op mobile is 14.95 chf for 2 years with unlimited calls and sms in CH with data never expiring. So not technically unlimited but if like me you use wifi most of the time, the data just builds over time…I’m at 45 GB in my account so may as well be u limited. No roaming at all though - use my work phones hotspot :joy:

1 Like

So I exceeded my 1GB monthly roaming data allowance on my TalkTalk plan by a few hundred Megabytes last month. I admit I wasn’t aware that data roaming wasn’t opt-in on TalkTalk, so got charged at standard roaming rates for my data overage in other European countries.

Compared to CHF 2.95/MB at Salt or or Sunrise (I think… their website currently fails to load), TalkTalk charged me a rather fair 0.01/MB as their standard roaming rate. :+1:

That said, I’m still perplexed why one should use their “foreign packages” at CHF 8/500MB or CHF 14/1GB in the same zone 0 instead? :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Whatever the “summer black friday” is :grin:

Yallo got the black one again at 25chf, unlimited data in VTI+VEA.

A similar plan to Qoqa X Sunrise would be the 30chf one. Unlimited in all cases:
CH>>CH
CH >> EU/NA
EU/NA>>CH
EU/NA>>EU/NA

9.- less than Sunrise but there is now a monthly 11.- Qoqa cashback in case of ‘‘neighboring countries only’’ usage.

New (?) offer with TalkTalk for 11.00 CHF:

• Everything unlimited in Switzerland (Data, Voice and SMS)
  • 1 GB roaming in US, GB, US, CA, NO, LI

Activation seems to be 19.95 CHF (online)
Minimum contract duration 24 months :frowning:

Source: https://www.talktalk.ch/en/mobile/mobile-postpaid.html

I don’t know if somebody has experience with them

1 Like

TalkTalk offer seems to have reappeared in the same form as a while ago. I have the 9 CHF plan for internet (with calls/SMS charged at 0.10). See my post above: they don‘t cut you off after your data roaming allowance - but charge, at very reasonable rates.

Their online account interface looks like it could be 15 or 20 years old - but no issues so far.

It’s just 11 CHF/month. What could go wrong (as long as they provide access to the Sunrise network, including 5G)? It’s hardly going to get much cheaper.

FYI - Mustachian phone plan [2022] - #64 by baldur.

EDIT: Still all fine for me with them.

It seems really interesting. I have Yallo Black (happy client) with unlimited data roaming that I use mainly during holidays. In this case, 11 chf with 1giga/month for data roaming, even if one needs extra data pack of 5 gigas for longer periods abroad at 45chf (1y validity)… it’s more than 100 chf/y of savings compared with Yallo Black.

I wonder why no one talks about go-mo.ch Isn’t their offer also good?

Also @dbu where did you get the black friday offer from yallo? It’s not linked on their homepage

I believe I was advertised to on some social media. :slight_smile:
Even their “real black friday” link from last year still “works” if you find it back there - I guess they are not the fastest in cleaning up their website. :smiley:
(I wonder if package activation works though, even though the links are “live”)

1 Like

Just did a quick speed test with TalkTalk‘s (Sunrise) 5G network and got 50 up to 125 Mbps downloading on a moving train. Can’t complain.

1 Like

I think you’re mentioning this one?
https://www.yallo.ch/en/summer-blackfriday?utm_source=smartdisplay&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=mobile&utm_content=summer-blackfriday&utm_term=en&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIveXRie69_wIVD4Z7Ch0keQqjEAEYASAAEgLcf_D_BwE

Thanks @Architect but the link was already provided. I was just wondering the source of it, since you can’t ifnd it from www.yallo.ch. You need to know it exists.

Looks like a lot of good choices are popping up! I’ll have to check when my current plan is expiring. Is the current wingo deal particularly good? They seem to go on sale often. Eyeing that yallo black as well

1 Like

To check contract expiration date for free and very easily : send a text message to number 503 with the text : info

2 Likes

I keep getting the offers from

They seem to be a salt reseller. I use the Salt Europe Data for CHF 25 a month, and benefit from the CHF 10/m discount on my fiber connection

Long contracts, though

I’ve been looking at the offers and it seems that the yallo black deal linked above seems to be the most value (CHF25/month, unlimited data in Switzerland and EU/US, no contract, Sunrise). The others I am looking at are Galaxus plan (19CHF/month, unlimited data in Switzerland, 1GB in EU/US, Sunrise) and Wingo (Swiss pro CHF25.95/month, unlimited data in Switzerland, 2GB in EU, Swisscom).

Pros for Wingo are it seems I can avail of the offer now and start it in a few months when my current phone contract ends and that it uses swisscom. I am coming from salt, so both sunrise and swisscom would be a step up. However I am not sure if it beats the yallo black offer. Galaxy mobile is the cheapest, and can get even cheaper (family plan).

Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about each of these providers?

If you can make use of the unlimited EU data roaming go for Yallo Black, else go for Wingo for the best network.

Thanks for your thoughts. I’m often traveling in Europe a few days per month. While I don’t think I would need unlimited, it seems to be of the similar price

Been using Digitec connect (= Galaxus) until recently and I‘ve had recurring loss of mobile internet while roaming, particularly in Germany. As described on their forum, it doesn’t seem to have been only me.

No issues at all with TalkTalk on the same device, even though they‘re also based on Sunrise (at least in Switzerland, I don’t know if they have different roaming partner networks/agreements).