Meetup in Bern for coffee/beer and chat about FI (RE) Plans ? :)

@NicoFireDoc : Thanks for the regular organization. Is there still a slot available? I also would like to join tomorrow at 6 pm in Altes Tramdepot.

1 Like

It would be a pleasure to have you join us again this time dear @rumblebelly! :blush: Will your wife be coming as well ?

No, my spouse is busy. Just me.

1 Like

In the end, I won’t be able to make it this time. My wife will need our car to pick up the kids as there is quite some snow. I look forward to the next time though :relaxed: Have fun!

We’re on site !

3 Likes

Thanks again @NicoFireDoc for organizing and it was really cool to meet each and every one of you, if you wanna have a chat or meet up spontaneously, you can ping me any time, otherwise I hope to see you all in 2 months! here at the bottom of the page you can find my contact details - https://chagai.website

2 Likes

Once again thanks everyone for making this third edition of the Bern FIRE-Meetup another success! :slight_smile:

It was nice to see regulars, as well as many fresh new faces, all exchanging together on a multitude of subjects.

Beyond the “evergreen” topics such as ETFs, real estate, taxation (we’ve had the pleasure (or fright :warning:) to welcome a professional tax-expert at our table!), FIRE-timeframe, -type, savings rate, frugalism, Geo-Arbitrage etc… this Meetup was also the occasion to ‘elevate’ the debate with such issues as Human & Social Capital, how to talk (or not to talk) to friends and family about one’s FI(RE) plans, how one’s familial background impacts spending (and eating) habits, chinese mentality on money, and more…

The Kalbsleber was juicy, the Flammkuchen toasty, the Weizenbier-Flow passively managed (and slightly infringed the 4%-Rule but shhh ),the mood jolly and jovial …yet quite educational! In other words, another fiery quadriga of socializing, learning, having fun and networking came down upon Bern’s Old Tramdepot Inn.

Many thanks to you all for attenting the Meetup (with particular thoughts going to those who rode/drove from far outside of Bern).

Hope to see you all, and more, again in March !

Stay on FIRE :fire:…but stay cool!

Cheers,

-Nick

PS: …as we’ve heard some happy news, (edit: much belated :sweat_smile:) congratulations to the @thepoorswiss :wink:

6 Likes

Thank you, but I must have missed something :stuck_out_tongue: What happy news is that?

1 Like

unless I misunderstood Alex’s words, you became a dad recently? :upside_down_face:

edit: clear misunderstanding then :sweat_smile: , but congrats nonetheless :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It depends on how you define “recently” :slight_smile: That was 16 months ago! But thank you!

2 Likes

Looks cold on the outside, but warm on the inside. (re photos)
nice report (again). :blush:

3 Likes

Well that was fun, thanks for having us :wink:

2 Likes

Hello guys !

I have just discovered the survey about “where do Mustachians live in Switzerland” which led me to think “it would be nice to meet some Mustachians living in Bern, how would it be possible ?” And here I am on this part of the forum :slight_smile: It seems a fourth meeting is planned in March 2023 ? I’d be very happy to join !

A little bit more about myself, I’m originally from Vaud and living in Bern for some years. I’ve discovered Mustachianpost at the beginning of the pandemic and since then have started to invest and rationalised my frugal lifestyle.

See you soon hopefully !

3 Likes

Greetings, fellow FI(RE)-Enthusiasts! :wave:

This month will see the :four:th Edition of our Bern FIRE-Meetup !

The regulars will know the drill by now, but for the potential (expected!) firstcomers: make sure to fill the Doodle (please fill out ALL the dates where you’d be available to join so we can select the one that fits best) and make sure to come to the Altes Tramdepot with your warmest,kindest vibes, a chatty mood …and an appetite! :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to meet you all very soon for another successful and interesting FIRE-Meetup !

-Nick

2 Likes

Thank you for organizing the next meetup, @NicoFireDoc !
I’ll be there - favorite days are Monday and Tuesday, but I can make the other two days work, too!

Cheers, J.

3 Likes

It seems like the Tuesday might be the most popular option so far, but I’m leaving the doodle open, but just to be safe I just booked a table for that tuesday 21.3 to avoid “last-minute stress” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Doodle’s filling up! :raised_hands:
By the way there’s nothing wrong with bringing someone FI-interested with you, just let me know in advance, in case I should book a secondary table

See y’all soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys, sorry but I cannot make it this time.
Looking forward for the next meetup!

Just in case @NicoFireDoc doesn’t check his personal messages:
I’ll be arrive late today (apprxc. 6:45 pm)
Keep a seat open for me.
J.

1 Like

Hi ! Sorry, I can’t make it tonight neither. :confused: have fun !