Meetup in Bern for coffee/beer and chat about FI (RE) Plans ? :)

Great, see you guys on the 26th!

Just to be sure, the Altes Tramdepot asked whether we would all eat. Are you all planning on having food like last time? Or does having dinner at 6pm rebuke some people? :smile:

26th looks good and yes, I’ll have some proper food and beer.

1 Like

great! see you all tomorrow! :+1:

We’re on site! :slightly_smiling_face:

Warm thanks to the lovely folks who attended yesterday’s new edition of the FIRE Meetup in Bern!
Yet again, it was fantastic meeting you all, including several newcomers, and exchange on a variety of topics ranging from personal backgrounds, children’s financial education, automated ETF buys and cross-border real estate investing, frugalism, financial podcast recommendations, taiwanese and southern chinese culture, projections on the GBP and swiss franc, hobbies, FIRE and romantic relationships, entreprenarial spirit and “The Call from the East.” …among many, many other topics :wink:

There once again reigned a great mood and optimistic atmosphere, where we not only learned a lot but also shared good laughs! * (a special mention goes to british pound-denominated leveraged investments in UK Litigation legal cases … and to the 20% Yield by investing in Somali camel milk… :wink: ) *

Night fell early upon Bern’s Old Tramdepot Inn, and with it came the bite of the cold outside …which only made the warm food and homely, cosy, almost familial atmosphere of the Meetup all the more soul-warming.

Seeing how delighted everyone was once again , the majority voted to make this a bimonthly thing! (once every two months instead of every three) , and we agreed to meet up again in mid January

Many thanks to you all for coming yesterday (especially to those who rode/drove from far outside of Bern), it was a lot of fun :slight_smile: See you guys in January !

Stay on FIRE…but stay cool!

Cheers,

Nick

8 Likes

Such a heartwarming “report”, @NicoFireDoc . :ok_hand: (Not from around Bern unfortunately)

1 Like

I only did one of those :sweat_smile:.

Nico, Thanks for organizing the meeting, I was having a great time.

1 Like

Hello everyone :wave:,

As agreed upon at the last Meetup, we’re meeting again in January, also to allow people who couldn’t make it because of last time’s re-scheduling in november to join us.

In order to avoid any confusion this time around, I’m making the Doodle available now already so that I can book our table(s) way in advance : ) Doodle

This time I have added weekday options, because I’m either working or away for most of the weekends in january. I hope some of the suggested dates work for you guys.

As always, please fill out ALL the dates where you’d be available to join so we can select the one that fits best :slight_smile:.

Can’t wait to meet you all next month for another successful and interesting FIRE-Meetup !

1 Like

This time I will be able to join you as I will move next to Bern in January :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m also in, great idea :blush:

1 Like

Wow this Doodle is filling up crazy fast compared to the other ones!

I just called the Altes Tramdepot, they have Betriebsferien in late January so the 30th turned out not to be possible, the next best date is therefore:
:warning: Wednesday, January 18th at 6pm @ Altes Tramdepot, Bern :warning:
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Just FYI as our numbers might go beyond Tramdepot’s largest table’s seating capacity, I have booked a second table next to our main table just in case :blush:

Altes Tramdepot just called to tell me that the big round table is exceptionally unavailable as it will be used for the Tramdepot Bierstübli outside, they offered me a normal rectangular table instead. Hope you guys don’t mind too much.

We should be getting our usual round table for the March meetup though.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the meetup this Wednesday! :wink:

1 Like

Need to cancel. Too much going on. Have fun!

1 Like

See you guys there ! :slightly_smiling_face:

(No worries @yetanothername , keep these assets safe till the next one ! :wink: )

Hi everyone! I am reading the MP blog and the forum for quite some time, but haven’t made much contributions to the conversation yet.
Nevertheless, I’m very interested in the FIRE movement, and will be happy to join the meetup on Wednesday in Bern (if there is still place available), Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Bernard, you are more than welcome to join :slight_smile: we’ll be expecting you on Wednesday at 6pm at the Altes Tramdepot then!

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome! I am excited to take part at the meetup and meet you all

1 Like

I’ll hopefully join as well tomorrow, thx for organizing!

1 Like