Frankly for pillar 3a?

I went for Frankly Extreme 95. I can confirm the product is the “NT”, which is this one: https://zkb-finance.mdgms.com/products/funds/zkb/detail.html?FI_ID_NOTATION=287639530&FI_HIT=1

So that one is hedged to CHF?

All are mainly hedged in CHF. You can’t choose

1 Like

Is this some kind of a joke? They removed all data pre 23rd March 2020? Who in their right mind would invest in such a sham?

5 Likes

Could it be a “new” fund/product? (Or rolled over from another one)

23rd was the perfect bottom, nothing matters before that. :rofl:

2 Likes

They even made sure to have a “techncical fault” so you cannot look up the details
https://products.swisscanto.com/products/product/Produkte/BVG-3-Anlagegruppen/Gemischt/CH0496470938?lang=de

Pure perfection

3 Likes

In fact, there has been an update to swisscanto’s website these days, which is why the link didn’t work.
But you can see the details here: https://products.swisscanto.com/products/product/CH0512157782

Moreover, inception date was in mid march 2020.

Edit: also it’s kinda “linked” to the VT which is a few months older: https://zkb-finance.mdgms.com/products/funds/zkb/prochart.html?FI_ID_NOTATION=272840096

How convenient that inception date was mid march 2020 lol.

1 Like

Frankly reached 100mio, which means now the all-in fee is 0.47%

2 Likes

As previously mentioned in this thread, frankly is not really transparent on which indexes they are using for their products. I tried to reverse engineer it from the ‘Top Holdings’ Section at cash.ch. I thought that this might be of interest for other members here.

Date according to cash.ch: 31.03.2020
For 95% index strategy:

Fond % Index
SWC (CH) IEF USA NT USD 21.60% MSCI USA (NR)
SWC (CH) IEF LgCp Switzerland NT CHF 14.25% Swiss Market Index® (TR)
SWC (CH) IEF SMC Switzerland NT CHF 11.05% SPI EXTRA® (TR)
SWC (CH) IEF Emerging Markets NT CHF 10.02% MSCI Emerging Markets (NR)
SWC (CH) IPF I IEF SmCp Wld ex CH ST CHF 9.99% MSCI World ex Switzerland Small Cap Index (NR)
SWC (CH) IPF I IEF Wld(exCH)Resp ST CHF 7.46% MSCI World ex Switzerland Index TR Net
SWC (CH) IEF Europe ex CH NT CHF 5.60% MSCI Europe ex Switzerland (NR)
SWC (CH) IEF Switzerland Ttl Resp NT CHF 5.07% Swiss Performance Index® (TR)
SWC(CH) IPF III IEF MSCI®Wldex CH ST CHF 4.75% MSCI World ex Switzerland Index
SWC (CH) IEF Japan NT 2.87% MSCI Japan (NR)

Of course no guarantee on correctness!

1 Like

Seems aligned with the data from Bloomberg: https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/SWV95FA:SW

I would love two have an explanation of the choice (maybe due to the hedged and unhedge class) Because it makes absolutly no sense.
SMI + SPI Extra +SPI ???
MSCI World + MSCI World again.

Hi there,

I’m assessing VIAC, Finpension and Frankly. again to see if they fit my expectations and risk tolerance. Frankly. has for it to be the only one of the three that I trust to still be there in 30 years, when I retire.

Has anyone been using it and, if so, what’s your feedback?

1 Like

I hesitate to give a chance to Frankly for my second 3a account as I have one with VIAC and I am quite satisfied with them. And maybe open a 3rd one with Finpension in 2022. I will see until then.

The app does not have so many features. You’ll need a spreadsheet or something for more advanced performance analysis. The chart in the app is a joke. But it’s simple and straight forward.

Unfortunately, it’s not completely transparent (see posts above on indices and TER). And customer support did not seem to understand or were unwilling to answer @wapiti and my questions.

The costs and hedging aspects have been discussed here already.

One thing that is different to for example VIAC is that you can invest daily (Bankwerktage). So, for example you can doller cost average bi-weekly or even daily if you feel crazy.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback! Any unexpected fees/delay you’ve had to deal with?

I’ve asked them about the possibilities of switching strategy and the delays linked to it, their answer:

• You can change your strategy at any time;
  • Changing from an active fund to another active fund takes 4 trading days;
  • Changing from an active fund to a passive fund (or the reverse) takes 5 trading days;
  • Changing from a passive fund to a passive fund takes 6 trading days;
  • There are no additional fees if only active funds are traded;
  • Index funds face additional issue and redemption charges and any additional cost charged directly to the product (for example bid-ask spreads, commissions, taxes, duties and TER for real estate ETFs).

It seems like they’re not the most transparent nor the cheapest around but they might be just what I was looking for to give a go at moving averages oriented investing.

ETA: forgot to ask: has anyone tried the Extreme 95 Index strategy and what are the fees you’ve been charged for it?

I am using 95 index strategy. The receipt for the fees looks something like this:

Period: 01.04.2020 to 30.06.2020 (91 days)
Average Assets: CHF 100
All-in-Fee including community discount: 0.47%

Fees owed: CHF 0.11

It’s really unclear if they have deduced something for the real estate / gold ETF or not. I have not tried to recalculate the the average value of my assets during the period. Transparency could definitely be better.

They have two promos open: no fees for the rest of 2020 if you transfer an existing pillar 3a. And CHF 10 discount for next year if you deposit the max. 3a amount by the end of this year. Not sure if it’s available for all new accounts. So please check official communication of frankly first.

2 Likes

Why hesitate to try it out? You‘re still free to transfer funds from Frankly to VIAC or Finpension later.

True ! Sometimes I forget how simple is it to transfer my funds to another services :slight_smile:

Once again, thanks for your feedback. That transparency could be better looks like a kind way to put it.

Regardless, they seem to have enough of what I’m looking for to be willing to give it a shot. I’ll keep y’all posted if I open an account.

@Wolverine and all others:

2 Likes