Crypto.com cash/cryptoback credit card

1 Like

Might be worth buying some CRO here. World cup might mark the lows for CRO.
They should still have lots of funds from their ICO, if they did not mismanaged the funds they should be better off than many other smaller exchances even after the big shopping and sponsor expenses.

Just one notice from me about Binnance and BNB. Thai are not one tiny bit better than any other CEX.
There is not 1 good or reputable project on BNB BSC.
On top of that, Binnance try to make user withdraw trough BSC, this means the following things; you hold your BTC, ETH or whatever on the centralized chain that BSC represents, its nt a decentralized chain, it is controlled by Binnance itself.

You basically give Binnance your BTC for a coupon on BSC to reedem the Bitcoin (or any other token) at a later moment. If CZ or Binnance don’t want to, they can deny, hold or shut down the entire BSC at any moment and you can’t do anything about it. If you hold funds on Binnance and want to withdraw them, please do that over the native chain.

1 Like

Has anyone alread updated their card? I think probably not since it should last 2-5years at least. I wonder if it cost 50Eur or not. It’s unclear from their fees imho.

I also wonder if you need a card for staking and then withdrawing eur from the account. Next year I won’t get any reward and I wonder if I still need to keep the card, especially because now my “investment” is worth a bit more of those costs…

I’d like to leave CRO staked and see if in a distant future I can get back at leaast a third of the money I wasted on it…

Do we know what exactly changes with them as new card issuers? I didn’t bother to go thru the fine print and they didn’t bother to summarize it :frowning:

Mid December crypto.com seemed to have started charging a 2.2% foreign transaction fee for all payments in CHF on my account for some reason. I believe on their system I was somewhere between Icy White and Royal Indigo tiers because I got the cashback from Icy White but the monthly FX limits of Royal Indigo. Well that was the last drop in the bucket and I’ve now cancelled the card.

1 Like

I have used yesterday to pay netflix for the last time, since from mid Jan they will stop paying for it.
I am now wondering if I have to cancel it or keep it there and use it from time to time, but I have no idea what will happen in 2027 (when the card expires). I don’t want to pay any cents to them anymore.
I still have my stacked CRO though. If I keep the card, I can get 20-30cts per week (lol). Not sure what happens if I cancel the card. They probably get unstacked. The alternative now is to put all CRO somewhere else, but I have no idea where. The thread about stacking is a bit outdated.
What are you going to do with all your CRO? IIRC you should have ~3k CHF on it.
edit: ops. i keep repeating myself, sorry.

I’ll move them to the Crypto.com defi wallet where I can stake them at 10.92% interest.

2 Likes

I just wanted to let you know that I have closed my CDC account and cancelled the credit card.

2 Likes

Hi, Anyone still using this card? :slight_smile: Just got an email for them to start using Priority Pass instead of Lounge Key.
How do you sign up for the free usuage, when I try, I have to pay a yearly subscription?

From 31 May 2023, you will no longer be able to use your LoungeKey™ account. To ensure seamless access to the lounges, please register for a Priority Pass™ membership from 31 May 2023 and before your next lounge visit. You may not be able to access lounges without a valid Priority Pass™ membership.

If I understand correctly you should register after 31st of May.

Looks like you have to pay the yearly subscription then get 4 (depending on card) free visits a year the rest you would pay.

Update: No yearly fee to pay. Just don`t create a membership, but activate the card. Only 4 free visits per year though.

1 Like

Confirmed, just did the same.

Are you going to use the card soon? I’d be curious to know how much I need to keep on the card since I’m only using if for lounge access anymore.

IIRC Lounge Key blocked some amount (don’t remember how much exactly, maybe 25 USD?) per visit and wouldn’t allow you in if the card balance was too low.

Wiill use it in 2 weeks, will report back. Also, only using now for lounge access. Not sure how much is blocked, hopefully not too much, don`t keep much in that account any more.

1 Like

Worked perfect, just like before with LoungeKey. Got confirmation email that it cost 0.94 Euros! However, nothing shows in the app for this transaction. Only keep about 25 chf on this account, only use it for Lounge access.

2 Likes

Same here, used the ZRH lounge. Confirmation e-mail about a 0.94 EUR transaction, but no actual charge to the card and no transaction shown in the app.

I got an E-Mail this morning with the title
“CRO Lockup Will Be Replaced by Cardholder CRO Staking”

Did someone read the fine print already?
I am afraid they might want to ‘replace’ something and want me to make an additional payment so that my stake that was at 3500€ is at 3500€ again.

I got the email even if I don’t have the card anymore . I might have 1-2 eur on the account and an almost similar value amount of coin somewhere else. (atm i have a 90% loss of value. yeah!)

1 Like

hell yeah. For me this were the most expensive lounge visits in history.

Dear all,

I apologize for puting this topic back on the table and for not reading the 3 years of history.
I still read some messages and I am today wondering if it would be interesting to start staking with this Jade Green Visa card.

Please correct me if i’m wrong and feel free to share your opinion.

First of all the 3500 eur worth of CRO is, to me, today, not that risky. Why ? If you look at the chart of CRO to CHF the “losses potential” is not that low in comparison to January 2022 : CRO en CHF : cours de Cronos en Swiss Franc | CoinGecko

Then the base currency of the credit card is EUR or GBP … but isn’t it better as swiss francs ? Because it is a debit card and not a credit card.

Let say you spent 1’000 EUR at the beginning of december 2023 and have to pay your debt at the end of december.
1000 EUR at the beginning of december 2023 was worth : 946 CHF where it was worth 928 CHF at the end of december. Yes, yes, we are currently on an uptrend so we would loose money for the same exemple from january to april 2024 but the long trend gives me right. Better to have debt in EUR than CHF right ?

Second of all 2-3% cashback is better than any credit card I can have in switzerland. I currently use the Amex / Visa cashback cards recommanded by Marc but that does not seem optimal.
Plus spotify, netflix for free is something I wouldn’t mind using. Airport lounge ? why not… I currently use the free spotify, no netflix and pay for airport lounge when I need it …

You can even withdraw some cash from ATM for free which could dilute the 2 free withdrawals I have with neon free …

I mean, that does not seem half bad at the moment. I’d rather stack CRO than EUR to be honest :rofl: :rofl:

But sure, people who stacked 3500 EUR worth of CRO each 180 days how much did you loose / made ? I mean if you had it in feb 2022 you could have lost half of it by august 2022 (180 days later) at that point do you need to top it up with 1750 EUR ? That would be a pretty expensive credit card …

Or do they just let you use it as long as your initial amount keeps stacked ?

Thanks for reading and advising,
Regards