Crypto.com cash/cryptoback credit card

You’re right. I’m trying to be as clear as possible to avoid blaming myself for making a mistake later. Obviously, as previously said, the investment in these CROs is a belief in the gain on this crypto, the rest, the rewards come later, but clarifying your ideas about it before taking the step, can be useful. I live in Switzerland but I have an Italian Netflix account to share with friends, moreover my girlfriend lives in Italy and I am often there to do some shopping and more, this can be an optimal condition to have the cashback both of the expenses in Italy and of netflix even if I requested the Crypto.com card in Switzerland? For spotify I didn’t quite understand if it is the same, I had Italian spotify but since I’ve been here it has converted to Swiss because he saw me very often (living there) in Switzerland.

You could send them to crypto.org defi wallet and stake there.

It‘s literally the only way of doing it, except for sending CRO from Binance.

I think you mix up some things here. The crypto.com app is where you need to have the CRO (usually bought by credit card) and stake them there to get the green credit card. The exchange and the defi wallet apps are absolutely optional.

There’s no way of topping up the crypto.com card by bank transfer but instead by (Revolut) credit card.

3 Likes

My card is shipped!!

…just in time for the > 1000 eur loss?
:slight_smile:
actually
:frowning:

or just in time to hoard a lot via cashback while the price is down… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you sure? It looks like I can SEPA-Transfer EUR into my fiat wallet and then top up my card.

ATM there are no fees, but also I am within my first 28 days.

Oh, that’s the fiat wallet of the crypto.com wallet, yeah that might work. I always directly top up w/o fee from Revolut thru credit card.

Yes it works. I send to the fiat wallet with my N26 euro account without fee. Then topup the credit card.

Netflix and Spotify are running through my Revolut Credit Card through Turkish VPN.

I assume there is no benefit running it through crypto.com to benefit from the Cashback since they charge around 2% on foreign FX?

Where did you read such thing? They have interbanking rates up to defined limits based on your card tier. (E.g. 15k EUR on the 3.5k staking level). I didn’t manage to put the cdc card in netflix as it comes with the UK country code regardless of VPN.

1 Like

Agree. I was wrong. I will try to use my cryptocom card then.

1 Like

I did manage to switch my Netflix subscription from Argentina to Turkey. I also managed to do this with my (virtual) crypto.com card. But I had done the switch from the revolut card to the crypto card before I switched from Argentina to Turkey.
I did change the subscription country with the (free) hola browser.

I heard from colleagues that the Hola browser is really unsafe and your connection is sold to be used for botnets. I hope you only used it to change the country.

Oh yeah, I know. I really only use it to change Netflix to a country that has no tunnelbear endpoint.

Crypto also refunds my 3.5€ for Netflix in Turkey. Nota bene: I still cash 30 CHF p.a. from the three people I share Netflix with. Now call me the king of cheap Netflix :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Now this is mustachian on another level!

Slightly off topic but I am dreaming of a company that offers Netflix/Spotify/Hulu… for the cheapest price of a subscription available +CHF 1 for me. So youtube would be 2.50 CHF, Netflix UHD 4.50

The idea came to me, when I had to subscribe to “NY Times cooking” in India :slight_smile:

Maybe I should start to blog about this subject and make the hot topics “members only” (CHF1 per month)

Damn you, know I will have to check EVERYTHING I subscribe to go through another country :joy: big mess incoming!

Jade green card requested yesterday, now I’m in the club too. Unfortunately at the time of purchasing the CROs, Crypto.com was leaving a slightly higher price than in the monitoring area, but I still think I waited for a good time to buy, I should have taken $ 0.450

Questions.

• Now I have added the revolut card as a card for recharging the crypto.com card account, I shouldn’t have any problems loading the € directly from there right? Are there costs for which it would be better to make transfers or is it the only possible way and is it free?

• for netflix I have an Italian account and I think it will be enough to enter my card details and have no problems. I split this account with 3 other people so 17.99 € per month (I pay a full fee every 4 months), are there ways to optimize this? I used to read about netflix in turkey, but wouldn’t it be a refunded cost of less than the maximum? Furthermore, being close people those with whom I share it, I would not want to pay less and be given more money.

• while for spotify I simply have to activate the Swiss account and link the card as payment? my account is originally Italian but has now become Swiss living here.

• I inserted the card for payments on amazon italy and germany.

• I think I will give the physical card to my girlfriend who lives beyond the border in Italy, so that she can optimize the cashback, that you know are there any contraindications to this? I was reading that it is also possible to request a second physical card so we would both have it, do you know if it costs? Have you already done this?

• What are you doing with reimbursement CROs? Transfer to DeFi and stake? I have also started PACs on crypto.com app with BTH and ETH, should I also have higher earnings on interest staking them on DeFi or did I get it wrong?

Other possible optimizations? Sorry if I’m always long, but I don’t want to leave out any details.

Over the course of the year, I plan to upgrade to the second-highest plan from the second-lowest. A few questions from my side:

1. Currently I’m using Revolut Premium for FX transfer from EUR to CHF. Can I replace Revolut by using crypto.com and how about their fiat FX spreads?

2. Anyone who is able to participate in staking on their platform being based in Switzerland? I’m facing difficulties now…

3. My expenses are in CHF & EUR. Any chance to find a convenient way to switch between both currencies conveniently as the app allows for choosing one or the other only?

4. Just to confirm. I need to stake EUR 35k. This amount is locked for 180 days. After that period, I either need to put new cash into account if CRO decreases or can withdraw cash in case the amount is exceeding? Do I need to manually stake the amount again?