Covid vaccines - First feedback from people already vaccinated and... what do you think about it?

If it can reassure you, your experience hardly applies to the vaccine’s case given that drugs are not approved based on peer review. Regulatory agencies are definitely not peers, they can shut down the company if they find wrongdoings.
It’s not like the vaccine has been authorized based on publications on a dodgy journal. This is a highly regulated industry.

7 Likes

Really think that it is way to early to say that those vaccines are safe. The issue will start with the mass vaccination and the social pressure to do it. There will be always a strange, unfortunate small group of people, who will react different to the vaccine than expected. And for this minority this might have a huge impact in life - similar like the swine flue vaccine in 2008/2009. For those 1`300 of young people and children the normal life ended with the vaccine.

P.S. I am not against vaccination in general or even for covid, my mother just today got vaccinated. But like in life here is much more grey colors, than just black and white - safe or dangerous.

3 Likes

Did you check the numbers of people vaccinated everyday? (It’s probably like 10M right?) Isn’t it mass enough?

3 Likes

To put this into perspective, the influenza virus itself seems to increase the risk of narcolepsy…so in the end that same vaccination campaign might as well have prevented even more children from developing the disease…

3 Likes

This guy thinks that pharma regulatory affairs of several countries have approved vaccines for literally billions of people with the same mechanism he used to publish his master thesis in some obscure journal.

7 Likes

MRNA vaccines are goign to be future. Switzerland should build his own production center where they can rewrite fast MRNA vaccine and supply the population independently.
this article is great in presenting the vaccines exactly like it is: a piece of software

4 Likes
1 Like

He is confusing research with manufacturing. In the former, data is verified through peer-review in research journals. But the latter is a whole different animal.

The keyword is GMP. Authorities thereby check both the data and the methodology, which is strictly controlled. Analytical and manufacturing processes are regularly inspected and authorized by the authorities. For example, analytical instruments in laboratories are completely locked down. Concepts such as “segregation of duties” mandate that only people outside of the process can modify parameters. All relevant actions on an instrument are logged and must be regularly reviewed and signed off. There isn’t much that one can do to falsify data.

EDIT: If interested, one might also read up on so-called PAI inspections, for example here. The approval process is conceptually similar across countries.

2 Likes

Hello guys. in the past weekend many things happened in this topic:
1-in CH most people do not want to get the vaccine (around 50-60%) with peaks of 80%in the French speaking part (Romandie), as per a statistic published on Saturday
2-in all European countries the astrazeneca has been blocked till they will not clarify why people dead after the injection

2 small reflection on the topics above:
a–>1 I do not.underetabd the info nowadays. too much one side.and.even not able.to.propwrly report topic.they kept saying in a positive.manner (at least in the rsi, the radio-televisivon of.the italianpart of CH) that in Romandie 20% of the people wanted to get the vaccine. please be serious…the news is that 80% do not want to have it. from mathematical point of view it is identical, from communication point of view it is a scam

Btw, also happy to see that I’m not the only one a bit skeptical…

b–>2 please stop with the narrative that the amount of trombosys cases due to astrazeneca vaccine against covid is the same of the normal.population. everyone one that is having a common sense knows that this is mainly getting people with elder age,mainly due to the several operation. it is also known very much that is basically zero under 40 years and not much under 60. the people dead were all in the range 20-60 and the vast majority was not suffering any problem before the vaccine. if you take the proper benchmark you would see how the number are exploding (and that’s why today astrazeneca has been basically banned from most of European countries)

Again, even if from another sector, I’m a scientists, and playing around with number will not make anything else that giving fuel to the no-vacs people

I personally think people nowadays require trasparency

1 Like

There are 15 cases per 1 million people. You know how much with the pill that women are taking? 1100 cases per 1 million.

9 Likes

That AZ vaccine is not even approved in Switzerland (and they implied a few time they’ll focus on the mRNA ones anyway). So likely not so relevant.

80% sounds too high tho (France is the worst country for vaccine hesitancy and the number I saw was around 60%)

2 Likes

What is the margin of error of your poll?
In Vaud more than 50% of people over 75 have already been vaccinated, I’m pretty sure they wanted to get it. I guess it also depends how old you are…

1 Like

Around 20% doesn’t want the vaccine, 13% are unsure, 62% want it and 5% had it.

We can expect that around 75% will make the choice to vaccinate. Maybe even more, but there is still this conspiracy loving part of the population that is very hard to reason with.

5 Likes

Can you share the analysis of how the data compares with a “proper benchmark”? Or are you just supposing?

I think it is healthy to question what we are being told by our governments and scientists. At the same time we should apply the same scrutiny to other data sources.

1 Like

Ok, so you had a quick look at the news reported by the rsi who sourced it from Blick, who commissioned the poll to the link institut.
How can you honestly look at these (not very good) poll results and conclude that 80% of the people in romandie do not want the vaccine? Talking about communication bias…

8 Likes

I’d be happy to see less arrogance and more patience in this thread. If a skeptical person wants to discuss, that’s already good. And the goal should be to convince them and not to rub it in their face how they’re wrong.

Regarding the poll, I guess the number of undecided people will melt once their friends and family got vaccinated and nothing bad happened. And for the 10-20% strictly opposed, do we actually need them to get the shot, or will it be enough to reach herd immunity?

3 Likes

I’m all for estabilishing 2 societies. The ones that are vaxxed live like before 2020 and the ones that aren’t live under the current restrictions. Should be enough motivation to do it.

2 Likes

No medicine is risk free and #s AZ are currently quoting suggest a very small risk even if a link were to be established.

This is quoted in the BBC which is funded by a state which has largely vaccinated its population with AZ vaccine. But if your thinking goes in this way also be conscious that the suspensions are in countries which have been unable to get plentiful supplies of this or other vaccines, and whose governments and health authorities are under pressure from their populations as a result

“About 17 million people in the EU and the UK have received a dose of the vaccine, with fewer than 40 cases of blood clots reported as of last week, AstraZeneca said.”

Wow. What a probability. Probably the same as in a normal, non vaccinated group of people with same demografics. Sometimes I really think government/people are too stupid for this world. Why would you stop vaccination for such a insignificant and normal number and risk more people getting seriously sick.

4 Likes

I think this shows how safe these vaccines really are.

If a vaccines causes something that happens only in 1 out of 500’000 cases, it would be noticed. (Just for comparison there is around a 1 in 1’500 chance that a 18-45 year old dies from covid with the old strain, newer strains are are around 60% more deadly)

So the risk for a young adult to die from covid is roughly 350 times greater than getting a blood cloth from a vaccine.

But likely there isn’t really a connection between the vaccine and blood cloth. There are so many random medical conditions that you are bound to find some that occur at a statistical significant rate after a vaccine.

1 Like