Coronavirus: when do we reach the bottom of the dip?

BTW. This is how self-isolation works in US:

4 Likes

If these young people are the future of America god save our investments :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

After watching this video I don’t feel that confident anymore that the US will keep outperforming exUS for another 3 decades lol. Maybe I should increase my EM fund.

2 Likes

Of course, but I look at the TER value of my whole portfolio and not of a single asset.

You know that those people are the basis of the economy, who else lives capitalism, and consumerism? If everyone was as „streetmart“ as us saving money and investing, markets would never recover.

Haha. What else were you expecting? Well-balanced and responsible youth from a country that claims to be the no. 1 in the world? USA has a combination of unique strengths (compared to other large / developed economies): power to print dollars, ability to attract and import highly educated and skilled workforce in high numbers, and the willingness to keep mildest levels of regulation!
Edit: and consumers as @arjuno mentioned. These consumers are consuming hard to make you rich.

1 Like

just set an open order for VTI at 117.00 and got filled before I could realize it

I’m at 1.02 (leverage) now

These young people are way more eloquent and confident than I would be in front of the camera (don’t want to imagine how that would look like). And I’m sure we have people who think like this in every corner of the World. The only way to get them in line is to exert social pressure.

Sigh
 we’ve been discussing this a few times on this forum. I believe you are wrong. Consumption does not drive sustainable economic growth. The real thing that does it is increasing the production of energy, increasing the efficiency of conversion of this energy and the efficiency of consumption of resources. If Chad drank one beer a day 20 years ago and today he drinks 2 beers a day, that’s not what’s pushing our World forward.

2 Likes

They are sure very confident, but is that confidence healthy and backed by skill? I remember reading some studies in 2012-13 showing US school and college students over-estimating their skills and underperforming while it was opposite for Asian (Singapore/ HongKong/ China/ etc) students.

1 Like

Or military pressure:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-army-idUSKBN2171ZA?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Next big buyer leaving the party
 “McDonald’s Corp has suspended share buybacks to help it navigate thorough the coronavirus crisis”

2 Likes

That worked out well :grin:

Anyway doesn’t matter, -2.5% is peanuts compared to the vol we’ve seen these days - easy day on the terrace. :sweat_smile:

Damn it :-).
Still made it out in mild plus today thanks to EMs.

I thought before that investors did overreacted a bit, now I’ve started thinking that investors might be under-reacting:

So is this Fed buying us out of the trouble?

Market’s prayer

Our Fed in heaven,

Give us this day our daily Trillion.

1 Like

Fun Fact of the day.
S&P @ 2300pts today is worth exactly the same as S&P @ 2400pts on Monday in CHF. Yes the dollar got 4% stronger in 5 days vs. the Swiss Franc.

Which makes me believe that the SNB is buying a lot of Dollars. Is the 1:1 exchange rate the goal?

1 Like

I must admit - what a relief.

Seeing the latest numbers for the virus, it seems that the US will be in 3rd place in a day and if NYC doesn’t calm down, they’ll be above Italy in a week. +5300 US against +5900 italy today and italy was quarantined for a week. NYC started today if I remember correctly. Let’s hope they are more strict.

Wall street will be just run by robots and armchair investors next week. :confused:

1 Like