Coronavirus: when do we reach the bottom of the dip?

But you can’t have more than 50 people inside, staff included. Some small places don’t even fit 50 people, what kind rule is that?

@Mellow

Yes, they are saying that at the moment.
But they already published the document:
https://www.watson.ch/schweiz/international/324448448-alle-news-zum-coronavirus-italien-verschaerft-quarantaene-erneut
[You have to scroll down a bit to find the document.]

bag.admin.ch is down, because…

@Giff
They think their reducing the impact on the economy in the short-run.
If I had to guess, I’d say they’re shooting everyone in the economy in the foot in the medium- to long-run.

But maybe it’s a staggered approach and next week they will top these rules again. Shit, a week is a long time during a pandemic.

2 Likes

Also no events over 100 people (before it was 1000). So it’s not all so tough.

Btw my boss just told me he was in a big coop and there was no t.p. left, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

So it’s less extreme than expected.

Still, with the limitations of 50/100 people basically everything will be closed or cancelled. Clubs with 50 people, lol.

Yes, it’s actually not a stage 3 emergency yet. It’s still only a “besondere Lage” not an “ausserordentliche Lage”. :frowning:

Berset is still doing the “that’s on the cantons to decide”-Spiel, damn.

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, who recently called the coronavirus pandemic a “fantasy,” has tested positive for the illness days after dining alongside President Trump

3 Likes

They did?!

“Allen Personen aus Risikoregionen wird die Einreise in die Schweiz verweigert”

(See trotros Link above. This includes Italy, with exceptions for cross-border commuters and transit)

1 Like

Good point, I meant something like a curfew or only being allowed to go out for work and shopping (as it is in Ticino). I’ll edit my comment to make this more clear.
I’m pretty sure that borders/international travel are a pretty negligible part of how many infections happen in switzerland. (Similarly the ban on flights from Europe to the US is probably mostly useless.)

1 Like

They might still toughen the lockdown during the weekend. If they announced everything right now, it could cause panic during the rush hour. Just a thought.

4 Likes

I think there is more to come in the next 1-2 weeks.

1 Like

The betting odds that Trump serves the full term, went down a bit over the last few days. Reason is obvious.

More like 3-4 days. If we follow the infection rate, we will have 3000 cases in 4 days.
In Italy the lockdown was also released over few days, I suspect and very much hope this will be the case here as well.
As a remainder, even if you’re not yet forced to, stay at home.

5 Likes

BTW. https://staythefuckhome.com/

4 Likes

Someone needs to make a version of this website for corona:

http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com/

5 Likes

Source code hint :wink:

2 Likes

I now kind of have to, as I may very well have caught it.
Family doctor’s office did not refer me to testing yet, due to not being in a known group at risk.

Even before and without that, with the news about public figures yesterday and today (Trudeau’s wife, Tom Hanks, NBA players, Johannes B. Kerner), I am having the hunch that the unaccounted numbers might be much higher than many think.

This leads me to think the worst and bulk of cases might be behind us faster than some expert’s predictions. Though not necessarily “better”, e.g. more mildly or with less casualties. The required percentage of the population to catch it to achieve “herd immunity”- about 60% - might be reached faster and earlier in time than some expert’s predictions (which are saying this virus is going to stay with us throughout the year and summer).

The recently flatted curve in china seems to support this assumption for me as well.

2 Likes

Sorry can’t find the source but studies showed that wasn’t the case (I guess they used samples of people who didn’t have symptoms to estimate). China’s respite seems to be due to strict tracing and quarantine (similar to sk)

3 Likes

@dbu

Well, I may have underestimated my expectations today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The day a $1 Trillion atropine shot in Repos fails to paint markets in green, I’ll be scared…

Hey, cats are bouncing…

Anyone buying?