Coronavirus: when do we reach the bottom of the dip?

So we can laugh twice!

1 Like

IT related:

6 Likes

Got a 3rd confirmation from another source that they will go into lockdown mode and announce it today at 5 PM. Only supermarkets and pharmacies will stay open.

Lets see how this plays out.

2 Likes

I hope you didn’t short the market.
Lockdown is not bad news. Short term pain for long term gain.

1 Like

No no I won’t. Eventhough currently it feels like driving a car into a tree and thinking only “I’m staying the course” 30m before impact lol.

Will ride this out for a psychological test.

I think the daily count in South Korea shows that this concern is not valid, they test up to 20’000 people per day:

It doesn’t take long to collect a specimen, so I wouldn’t expect a long queue. Drive through testing or at home testing are other solution to the mentioned problem.

Isolation is one of the most effective ways to reduce spread, contact tracing helps isolate cases before they become infectious. If you want to do contact tracing, you need widespread tests.

3 Likes

I can ensure you that ‘testing everyone’ would need the involvement of I-don’t-know-what-organization because emergency departments are running above capacity as is. Do not forget the people that are actually sick and occupy the ED

Maybe mass-testing would be possible but it would certainly need to be a show run by someone else but the ‘normal’ health care workers. Also, I am not certain if this would actually be worth the effort but then again nobody really seems to know

1 Like

and it’s super ineffective :grin:

Just 2-3% green pump (and dump), and just for today - I am disappoint.

Or already at 3:30?

Watch it live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFI7vQU-YnY&feature=emb_title

1 Like

My boss asks me to shutdown everything in the lab

Last remaining weak hands selling at first rebound. I’d bet S&P will be back to 5% at days close.

I would claim that after the weekend there will just be another red week coming.
But just a hunch, no real data to support that

1 Like

Hey, 1/2 hour+ continuously in the green in the US trading session, it’s already something to appreciate those days :wink: 

1 Like

I’ve heard indirectly from a military officer that they will implement stage 3, the highest, on the emergency scale. Could still be faulty information but I’m counting on it at the moment.

Get your things done during the last 30min of non-madness, I guess. ^^

I have this special area in my watchlist where I watch stocks which are the hot topic of the day on Twitter, aka. retail stocks, aka. bubble stocks. Barely moving today. These are NOT retail investors buying today.

2 Likes

What does that entail?

1 Like

indeed the press conference starts at 3:30 PM

The federal council gets a lot of power and jurisdiction.
They can basically issue any somewhat reasonable policy and the cantons have to obey. But doesn’t mean that they necessarily will.
I think this article from arjuno captures everything quite well:

1 Like

Schools and universities closed.
Most events and gatherings over 50 people cancelled.
10 billions of financial aid.

No limitation of intranational movement or curfew.
No limitation of opening hours.
No closures of restaurants, clubs or cinemas.

I wonder if they are not going far enough. But maybe they are following the UK-strategy of slowly infecting people. But I’m really afraid that they won’t be able to slow it fast enough with this.
Switzerland might have one of the best health care systems in the world. But lombardy also had a good one and they were completely overwhelmed.

I really really hope that people will stay home as far as possible and most companies will do work-at-home even if they are not forced to. Otherwise I don’t see how the curve will be flattened sufficiently.

2 Likes

Is this what they said on the press conference just now?