Coronavirus: when do we reach the bottom of the dip?

I can actually confirm this from my personal experience. I had a flu-like symptoms two weeks ago and I didn’t get tested because I wasn’t in Italy (I was in Lugano though, but this is still not Italy, if I crossed the border 20 km further, then it would be different). Last week my son got flu-like symptoms and he didn’t get tested because children rarely develop the disease (but they still get infected and spread the virus). Then the infection got more serious and he got severe bronchitis. We went to hospital and there they finally tested him. They discovered he has RSV, not corona.

But this is a bit crazy, if you weren’t in Italy and if you’re not hospitalised it’s unlikely you’ll get tested.

1 Like

My parents in Poland report that the local supermarket has no water, toilet paper, butter, flour, sugar and bread! And Poland only has 58 cases, but people are panicking like crazy. So far my Swiss supermarket still shows no signs of this madness.

3 Likes

Yeah I know, Poland is behaving like it’s HIV spreading, not corona.

That sounds quite scary… I hope your son has already recovered!

2 Likes

Thanks! We’re in hospital since Wednesday. It’s getting a bit better, but the recovery is slow. For me it’s important that they monitor his breathing 24h and they react. I think we will spend a week or two in the hospital until he’s fully recovered.

3 Likes

It’s good that it is not corona, but still, being at the hospital with the kid, especially at this time is not funny at all. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

I wish your son a quick and smooth recovery.

4 Likes

Sounds like a recipe for bankrupcy to me :slight_smile:

I’m actually considering UPRO or TQQQ at this stage.

Lol we can’t win both I guess?

You find everything here about what they can do and what they can do not:

The bottom line is they can mandate people to stay at home and give out fines if you don’t follow.

Vaud will annonce measures at 14:30
https://m.24heures.ch/articles/19026240?fbclid=IwAR0wN32xspdVmsHEOzXwMqqy46y7L0a6hehjNEahPJPuawU70KQJMLdGcOc

Some new I’ve read recently:

The Swiss government is abandoning efforts to keep a close count of coronavirus cases to focus instead on easing the burden on the healthcare system and protecting those most at risk of dying such as the elderly.

“The government has decided that they will only test people who are at risk, who have strong symptoms,” said Michael Hengartner, president of the ETH Board. “Young people, who might have weak symptoms, will simply be asked to stay at home to minimize contagion.”

The Cantonal Hospital of Lucerne has received a recommendation from the government to limit testing to the most vulnerable or severe cases, said spokesman Markus von Rotz.

“Only patients who are hospitalized and health care staff will be tested for coronavirus,” said Claude Kaufmann, a spokesman for Hirslanden Private Hospital Group, which operates 17 hospitals. “Patients with fever and cough must stay at home so that they do not infect anyone.”

The Swiss Federal Office of Public Health confirmed that the cases could be far higher than reported and that “people at especially high risk are tested as a priority."

The sad part is that testing could ease the burden of the health care system.

I think it is possible to test 5’000-20’000 people per day. There must be enough labs somewhere in Switzerland, public or commercial, to increase the testing capability.

Contact tracing and isolation are really effective measures that reduce the spread a lot. The military or civil protection should easily be able to contact trace a few 1000 cases per day.

3 Likes

It‘s the wrong measure. People will line up to be tested and there you get the highest chance to be infected. What is effective is to make everyone so scared so they stay at home!

What you propose will speed up the spreading and not slow it down. It will spread anyways but has to happen slow!

1 Like

US futures hit limit up. What a day.

I heard that they switch from the precise counting method to the method that they use during normal flu, whatever that means. I guess some statistical approximation.

Edit: time for me to lighten up the mood.

It reads: Chinese week in Lidl

4 Likes

5 Likes

Allright, my turn

2 Likes

The Fed injects $1.5 Trillion. Money rain!

1 Like

I htink you took it right from this thread…