Coronavirus: when do we reach the bottom of the dip?

CH is still at 1000 for now…

But think the dangers of dangerous drafts.
You might catch a cold, with all that air flowing!

1 Like

Futures up 4.5%. Could open at 2580.

If you sell everything at this point and invest it in SPXU, SP500 just needs to fall to 2300 and your portfolio is back to February 20th level.

Kind of tempting?

1 Like

Yeah, it would be funny if it weren’t so sad.
All the university did until yesterday is cancel classes with more than 250 people and hang up posters. Nothing else. We weren’t instructed to sit apart, there was not any more cleaning being done. People were coughing during whole lectures and professors didn’t say a thing.

Well swedens government had no ban at all in place until two days ago. Way later than Switzerland.

You are getting bizzare.

At least they did something. I was Germany last weekend, at one of their universities of excellence, which is also well-known for their medical faculty. Granted, I visited only one lecture hall building and their university library, but they had nothing. Literally. Not even a poster.

1 Like

Regarding sweden:

167 new cases in Sweden , [source] which announced that testing for Covid-19 will cease unless you are hospitalized or belong to one of the risk groups . Even if you report corona-like symptoms

No…the number won’t rise. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Exactly! do you get me know? Evil, weak and only caring about the so called “Image of Sweden”. Let’s ignore the reality and make our own.
Switzerland, never go full Sweden.

1 Like

I’m Italian. Yesterday I have a discussion with my Swiss colleagues about the urgency of taking crucial decision as Italy did. They laughed and replied: “We are not in Italy, we are in Switzerland, everything is working here!”… :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I believe it is exactly the same in CH since few days…

3 Likes

Really? got any source?

Yes - https://lenews.ch/2020/03/10/coronavirus-switzerland-now-testing-only-high-risk-patients/.

3 Likes

In the meantime South Corea:

While some nations have struggled to get enough test kits to diagnose suspected patients, South Korea has provided free and easy access to testing for anyone who a doctor deems needs it. The country’s Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (KCDC) says the country has 118 facilities that can test – and all report their results to KCDC. To date, the country has tested more than 230,000 people.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/12/asia/coronavirus-south-korea-testing-intl-hnk/index.html

2 Likes

Actually BAG said yesterday that they now test everyone.
I believe… I am not sure since the BAG site is basically dead. Probably thanks to the new design.

Good Job folks!

1 Like

Don’t know for Orban, but Trump and his team have been completely behind the curve. Until recently they were busy playing down the issue and exhorting their fans pouring all their cash into the stock market (the reason is that Trump has bound his success to the DJ index).

4 Likes

What, are you telling me the Seifenboss campaign in Basel-Stadt is not a super efficient way to counter the virus?

:call_me_hand:

https://www.coronavirus.bs.ch/seifenboss.html

This arrogance will be our undoing.

5 Likes

Exactly.
The ban on China might have been somewhat understandable. But the ban on europe at the moment is just ludicrous. There are many many more infections happening every day in the US, than air travel could ever import cases.
Also the CDC completely fucked up the early testing and containment efforts. And Trump certainly didn’t help with his “it’s just the flu”- and “we’ll probably see case numbers go to zero”-rethoric.

5 Likes

Damn, she’s not even doing a good job.
I can wash my hands better in 20 seconds :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

meanwhile if you check the first result of “online classroom” on google, you’ll get a site that’s overwhelmed…

Good news for the online learning community.