All about Revolut

How fast is the bank transfer? The last time I tried it, it took 2-3 days.

Same day if order given early enough. But it depends on the bank, postfinance for example always insists on sending payment the next business day unless you pay extra, but even then you don’t have same day guarantee with late order.

i had revolut charged with my postfinance credit card, instant and zero fees.

When was that? I tried on January 3rd and didn’t get charged.

Same here but on January 2nd.

The PostFinance credit cards are the only ones I know that will not charge any extra fees as long as you pay in CHF, regardless of the country where the payment is made. They do only charge a fee for foreign currency transactions.

I haven’t been charged for my topup of 20 francs 5 days ago with cumulus mastercard. Tried today with more money, will see if they charge or not…

I am charged for top ups since 30.12.2019. I did 3 top ups since then and was charged “1.5% Gebühr CHF Zahlung im Ausland”. The last time where I was not charged was on 14.12.2019.

1 Like

That is weird, I did 4 top ups between 25.12.2019 and 06.01.2020 and none of them was charged anything extra, although it clearly states “GBR” and should therefore be considered CHF abroad.

1 Like

I loaded 30 CHF yesterday with M-Cumulus and around 200 CHF last week and wasn’t charged.

Maybe the charge is above a certain amount?

Yes, Revolut is surely a non-CH (cross-broder) charge … so it would be quite normal to see some fees for that.

Just checked my online Cembra Cumulus card account and neither a small CHF upload nor the 1k upload were charged… They were made in 2020

1 Like

I just tried to top up Revolut with my M-Cumulus and it seems fine to me.

I think I made too many small and repetitive top ups and got somehow flagged…

I confirm that cumulus also charged me with 1.5% for doing a chf-to-chf transfer to outside the country! :(( I find it quite bad… but ok, will only do IBAN transfers in future then…
Maybe some of you did not notice it since it’s registered as a separate line in the bill and marked with something like “transaction in CHF (abroad)”…
:zipper_mouth_face:

I just got busted too. Too bad, the instant top-up was too convenient but I’ll fall back to regular wire transfers.

Why not just get a real creditcard?

I‘m sure they do have one.

The reason is points and miles.
And cross-border/FX fees with „real“ Swiss credit cards.

1 Like

I mean for using Revolut.

I got busted too since last week. Too bad.

I’ll go back to wire transfers. There goes another chance of earning points on the MCumulus credit card.

And it was easy money :frowning: too bad
Still not been charged, possible they progress in any order ?