All about Revolut [2022]

The fee should be implemented as of October 25th according to the email. Also when using a credit card directly, not via Google Pay, the fee is applied.

1 Like

Do we have some data about this? I noticed in my last trip that Neon was more expensive that Revolut and N26, but not enough data to have a conclusion

I didn’t get the email from Revolut. I wonder why.

How did you do that please? I can`t get it to work, topping up via Google Pay.
Ah sorry, just saw the add button using GPay. Can confirm it works with no fees!

Addendum: Just noticed on my Cashback CC App that Google Services charged (pending) me 2CHF! Is that normal when using GPay??

This must be a verification payment. It should be reverted back after some time.

So , the only way to avoid this commission is to charge with Cashback card with Gpay?
And the Cashback is then connected to Revolut ? ( Sorry I don’t have it at the moment I don’t now how it works )

I don’t think the card matters (but didn’t try). You have to use Google Pay to avoid the fee.

1 Like

But when I tried to charge the revolut ( top up ) in revolut app, I’m allowed to use only bank transfer and Apple Pay, where am I wrong?

1 Like

Is Google pay/wallet installed on the same phone?

1 Like

No, you can also send CHF via a bank transfer. With respective transfer times.

1 Like

I couldn’t get Google Wallet (tried with Cashback and Certo) to work with Revolut. Revolut kept giving me a “Something went wrong” message when I tried to top up :frowning:

Worked fine for me. With a virtual card, maybe try to create a new one?

Wait? Certo offers Google Pay now? Isn’t Certo a card from Cembra? I thought they don’t support Google Pay!

1 Like

For what I have understood Google pay is available only in US , Singapore and India , how can I get it?

1 Like

I added Certo CC as a credit card within Google Pay/Wallet.
Then I tried to top up in Revolut by using Google Pay option, it just didn’t work. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

For the record, Google Pay is now Google Wallet.
And no, Cembra still doesn’t want to pay the excessive Google fees, so you cannot add Certo cards to Wallet.

I have just found out about a 1% additional exchange fee for “rare” currencies… i.e. Thai Baht (THB). That’s ridiculous…

Actually not really. There are various reason the ask for higher price there. Be it control of capital flows through the central bank or high spreads due to intraday volatility.

I would bet that it is still cheaper than with most other providers, whereas I cannot say it specifically for the thai baht.

In the end Revolut is a service providing company and has to earn some money at some point.

2 Likes

Yeah I understand your point. I am just a bit disappointed that you always have to read the small line of conditions to know about that. Also, for a very touristic country, I am surprised there is a low amount of exchange done and it’s a considered a “rare” currency.

1 Like

It is not necessary because it is rare, but because they are restrictions from the central bank. And it is written in the fees page and you see it before you make a transfer. What else would you like ?

Furthermore the volumes of trade is still low compared to the big fish currency and exchanges even if it is a tourist country. As a tourist, you exchange maybe a few thousand bucks at once whereas EUR-USD gets exchanged in the millions per transaction.

1 Like