3rd pillar investment solution from VIAC

I ran the numbers and by buying the max allowed of SPI, SMI and real estate with all my viac money I would achieve a 10% stock exposure to CH (also taking into account my other etfs which contain swiss stocks) and 1% of my NW in terms of Swiss REITs, which I find good.

Unfortunately, by maximizing all these funds I am still left with 15% cash, a bit too much for my taste. Maybe some corporate bonds? Will have to decide tonight, hoping the bottom is in.

That’s what I would ideally do, but without leaving the CHF I can only buy the UBS SLI fund which is exactly like the SMI and costs 0.2. Maybe I get some world ex CH and forget about some forex exchange fees…

Viac has 2% absolute rebalancing bands. As markets are highly correlated rebalancing will be very rare.

I wouldn’t make my decisions based on this (hope).

1 Like

I followed your advice and waited, I was also too tired to do anything yesterday. Today starts solid green, I knew it :slight_smile:

Well, now it’s back into red. Let’s see what March brings us.

2nd pillar solution will be ready by end of this month.

yes, i am sick of this :smiley:

1 Like

https://www.morningstar.ch/ch/funds/snapshot/snapshot.aspx?id=F00000HGRG&tab=3

Large Cap: 26.40%
Mid Cap: 49.90%
Small Cap: 23.70%

It’s a Mid Cap Growth fund, so unfortunately no small cap value premium. Nevertheless I chose 7% SMI and 30% SPI Extra in Viac.

As a short aside, I really wish the VIAC app showed the total combined balance of all opened 3a accounts on the very first screen, rather than making you swipe through and calculate it all manually…

3 Likes

They have this sorted out in the web app; I agree it would be useful to have it sit in the mobile too. :slight_smile:
Looping in @VIAC_Daniel

1 Like

And it would be great if you could see the single positions in the mobile app too (amount in CHF).

What I would also appreciate in the web app is a combined VIAC portfolio view with all positions summed up together.

1 Like

No, because I have VIOV (US small cap value) in IBKR and I always look at my total portfolio. In VIAC I use 7% SMI, 30% SPI Extra, 18% Europe ex CH, 10% Japan, 5% Pacific, 7% Canada and 20% Emerging Markets. In IBKR I use VTI and VIOV.

If you want my Excel spreadsheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zo1sydtXFzLG8a9s7vEh8bNqoYktioNM/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Hi Guys! My first post here but been reading you since the beginning of this year.

I cancelled my 3a with Swiss Life end of January, and (with some luck :grimacing:) it was transferred only today to my new 3 Pillar Viac.

And now, i’m considering to go all in (about 12k…btw i’ve lost almost 6k with the transfer :hot_face:) with the Global 100 strategy…

What’s your opinion ? Should i split it with cash/Global 100 and wait for the next rebalancing (1.5) to invest my cash ?

PS: sorry about my English :confounded:

What’s your time horizon?

how could you lose 50% of the money “with the transfer”? must be a typo… next rebalancing should be beginning of April, not May 1st. anyway it’s hard to give you advice without knowing more of your situation.

@Neville: My time Horizon is more than 30 years… i’m 26.

@Giff: I paid the maximum during 41 months for my third pillar with Swiss Life (41x560CHF=22’960CHF-seller’s commission and penalty= 11’551CHF. That’s hard and it’s unfortunately not a typo…
Next rebalancig i’m talking about is 1.5, cause in April i will at least invest 50% in Global 100… just asking if i should go all in because of the situation now or give the market another month to invest the other 50%…?

I wish I knew the answer to that question :slight_smile:

investing in two tranches could be suboptimal in the long run, but might give you the impression of playing it safer. because you are so young it really won’t matter

Did you already pay in this year’s 6.8k into 3rd pillar?
If not - get done with it and go all in with this transferred amount from 1.4.
If yes - do the same. :smiley:

You will most probably be investing much more than this amount in the coming years.
And no one knows which direction is this going now - neither till 1.4., nor 1.5 (nor 1.12., although very hopefully way upwards :slight_smile:)
If nothing else, now is a much better time than if you had gotten in on 1.2., so you might make up at least part of those “lost” 6k sooner rather than later.

Cheers and good luck

any news on VIAC pillar 2 solution?

I hope it’s ready by end of next month.

1 Like