3a solution from Finpension

I’ve seen it, but I think that costs are too much at the moment

1 Like

Afaik they are the first offering a Crypto Fund in the world of 3a. I guess the TER will fall once other providers offer similar solutions.

The crypto market is so volatile. The weights they are providing in the fact sheet are probably going to change often. This obviously generates costs. To be honest, everything below 10% allocation is negligible. It is much cheaper if you just do it yourself and “pick” the altcoins, if any at all, you want.

Apparently the cost of owning a house increase. Am I reading it right?
Also if you are unhappy with Finpension and want to move to VIAC you have to pay 500chf?

1 Like

Where did you read that?

https://finpension.ch/app/uploads/2021/11/Gebuehrenordnung_EN.pdf

does “pledge per case” refer to using the 3a as collateral for a mortgage (without withdraw)?

1 Like

In 20 characters, yes, it does.

1 Like

I had to google it since I can’t find that silly pdf when browsing their site. I might have gotten the wrong one (1,2 pillar?)

https://finpension.ch/en/3a/structure/ You can find all the relevant documents for 3a here at the end of the page.

1 Like

I asked the team regarding the constituents of the “Crypto market index fund” which is available at Finpension and got the following.

The Crypto Market Index Fund is linked to the Crypto Market Index 10, calculated by SIX.

The rulebook that defines the constituents and the rebalancing mechanism is available on the SIX webpage:

However, the fund is restricted by the availability of the coins at the custodian: FINMA requires cold storage solutions for all constituents in this funds. In other words, the fund runs under optimized sampling - and currently only invests in 3 coins: BTC, ETH and UNI).

Constituents in CMI 10 as of 4.1.2022:
Bitcoin 56.03%
Ethereum 28.48%
Solana 3.32%
Cardano 2.83%
Ripple 2.50%
Polkadot 1.86%
Avalanche 1.65%
Dogecoin 1.44%
Shiba Inu 1.15%
Uniswap 0.73%

Current allocation (fund):
Bitcoin 65.6%
Ethereum 33.5%
Uniswap 0.9%

6 Likes

„Over the last 25 years there has never been a rolling 120 month (ten year) period when [the MSCI World Quality Index] has not performed as well as or better than the MSCI World Index.“

Fundsmith‘s Terry Smith, credits to @investinghero here.

1 Like

Fantastic :+1: glad I joined the “quality” club this year like some of you guys by opening a second portfolio at Finpension and being 99% invested in the CSIF World ex CH Quality fund. Go go quality!

1 Like

To be honest I’m under the same impression as you. But as I had two 3a deposit accounts open, and 2 funds in my custody account, I figured that it doesn’t hurt to try and asked to pay one fund out into each deposit account when I decide to sell (next Jan) since the split is like 60:40 and the bank said in principal it was ok with them. To be honest, I’ll confirm victory when/if it happens. I’m no expert and I’m usually informing them so someone else may say no when I actually try to do it.

CSIF (CH) Equity Switzerland Total Market Blue ZB

or

CSIF (CH) Equity Switzerland Small & Mid Cap ZB

How do you vote?

1 Like

Doesn’t CSIF (CH) Equity Switzerland Total Market Blue ZB already include small and mid cap?

I really wish they would add the Avantis Funds, they are so much better than the MSCI Quality index.

1 Like

Is there even one Avantis fund that’s at least three years old?

1 Like

No, but Dimensional has a long track record and Avantis was started by a group of former DFA employees, using a process that is similar.

I am intrigued :grinning:Could you summarise what is good about Avantis funds? (Or point me to another thread if already discussed, apologies in that case)

2 Likes

This is true if the sp500 fell 35% and quality fell 34.7%

We need further data to see if this truth is any beneficial in practice.

The higher TER might actually eat all your “benefits” away.