1000000CHF's Journal

There are a lot of reports calling that a scam. Be aware of that @1000000CHF.

I’ve seen them. They haven’t done anything yet except for promising for free their coins in the future. In any case, I only gave them my email, so I don’t care too much.

Friend of friend asked me to compile an intro into FI. So I thought I’ll shared it with others here:

Best Swiss FI forum:

Best Swiss FI blogs:

Best FI blogs:

Best FI blogs/podcasts:

Best FI websites/books:

More resources:

5 Likes

Today I learned:

Benefits of meditation are wide and well-documented. The interesting thing is that there’s a physiological reason behind it. Medicine in last years discovered a biomarker called Heart Rate Variability (HRV), which determines the hormonal economy of our body that affect mood, energy, willpower, well-being, and general health. There’re two ways to improve our HRV - it’s smooth and regular breathing (meditation) and invoking appreciation (gratitude).

Here’re few videos on that matter:

By the way, I’m getting constant Headspace ads on Facebook about the reduced price of $58 per year. So I decided to pay it. I will use Headspace for the next year and see if it really brings me any benefits.

If I really spend 10 minutes a day with the app, then it’s 60 hours in a year. That’s 1 CHF spent for every hour :wink: .

2 Likes

@Bojack if you are beginner in mediation then I highly recommend that you do more than 10min a day - try 20min a day. when you are more experienced then you can reduce to 10min a day. .

I thought it was exactly the opposite. If you are a beginner you get discouraged if you try to concentrate for more than 5minutes…

1 Like

yes i know they say that - consistency is the key and its easier to be consistent when you set yourself the smaller target of 10min a day instead of 20min a day. But the problem is that it can be hard for a beginner to get into the zone within 10min. But it certainly is better to do 10min every day rather than trying to do 20min every day and then end up doing it just once a week because you set your goals too high.

2 Likes

According to “Atomic habits” by James Clear, it’s even better to start from a minute or two, to let the repetions build up the habit in the brain, by wiring neurons that are getting executed together, and slowly increase bit by bit every day. This way it will be cheaper in terms of energy (glucose) that our willpower inevitably burns.

BTW. My reading update. I lately read three cool books:

• “Atomic Habits” by James Clear - best book on the psychology and practice of habit formation.

• “Personal MBA” by Josh Kaufman - best introduction to business administration and Entrepreneurship. @Julianek, you should like it, as he refers to Munger’s philosophy and mental models a lot.

• “Why Switzerland?” by Jonathan Steinberg - book on why Switzerland is awesome. It covers history, culture, politics and other aspects.

Currently reading: “Europe” by Norman Davies - gigantic book about the history of Europe.

I’ve also finished Personal MBA a couple of weeks ago and found it well written and quite interesting (not all chapters but still)

1 Like

@1000000CHF, could you lend me the “Why Switzerland?” book ?

I’ve got it from Bibliothek Zug.

Use NEBIS to find it.
https://recherche.nebis.ch/primo-explore/search?query=any,contains,Why%20Switzerland%3F&tab=default_tab&search_scope=default_scope&sortby=date&vid=NEBIS&facet=frbrgroupid,include,270018887&lang=en_US&offset=0

do you know if the zug library is in the nebis network ?

3 clicks and a bit of scrolling.
Let’s try not to be too lazy…

:slight_smile:

ma0, took you longer to type that than a ‘yes/no’ :wink:

ahaha. sure.
it actually took me a bit to find out that there isn’t a library in Zug. At first I didn’t want to search for you though.
I am too curious :confused:

oh, there is a library in Zug. just don’t know about it’s connection to nebis. will probably look tonight

Check out gen.lib.rus.ec, the only library i need

1 Like