When your job is only a means to the end :-(

In my eye cheapest is not always the best, it CAN be the best. And this does apply to all products/services.

I buy 1-2 times per month. If I pay for that 1 CHF or 30-40 CHF, I don‘t care either. I care for usability, good UI on an iPad/iPhone App, good Swiss Support where I can speak swiss german, Swiss Company etc.

3 Likes

Well we already saw the first advantage: Swissquote let you register your shares, and for free at that.

And 10-100x isn’t entirely fair: pricing on Swissquote would only be 4-10x more expensive for the stock/ETF trades that I’ve done. (Which isn’t entirely unfair given smaller company/smaller market, which unfortunately drives up overhead per customer - but still a clear disadvantage vs IB.)

You do make a valid point otherwise, but be careful not to use fake facts to support your point.

1 Like

Agree. Zero credibility as a result.

2 Likes

As long as he discloses it it is mostly ok in my opinion. SQ is probably one of the least bad swiss brokers atm so there is that. A lot better than shilling diareah tea XD anyway.

I did watch a couple videos yesterday and appart from the wired accent(not meant as a personal attack, I think it was kind of like a uncanny valey between swiss high german and german high german) they were pretty interresting. The production quality was pretty good and the felt pretty well cut/planned.

Sure I may not agree with stock picking or using SQ over IB but the surrounding mindset is interresting.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with the topic, but which “wired accent” [sic] are you referring to?
For a Swiss citizen, his German is really superb. I’m native German, and even though I have a small dialect it’s not far from Swiss German. His German is far superior to a lot of native Germans I know :wink:

For the stock picking and SQ: everyone has it’s own preferences, but I think Thomas is just trying out different things, and if he continues his business stuff, then this will get him much more cash than the dividends/individual stocks.

Maybe a majority of us is already too old / too afraid to see other business opportunities. I also know a guy who’s been investing heavily in real estate (with credits 100% or even 110%), but is now making more money from his blog / Youtube than from the flats/houses.

Just my 2 cents

1 Like

That is probably just it, It is hard to put a finger on it but I think it is a similar efect to uncanny valley. But that is just a guess, since finding it wierd is subconcious I do not know for sure why either.

1 Like

https://vermietertagebuch.com/ ,right?

Great blog for real estate investor in germany - I also buy in germany, a lot cheaper than in switzerland…

1 Like

Swissquote also has a really interesting magazine which you receive quarterly as a customer! :wink:

1 Like

I didn’t know that. IB doesn’t let you do that?

Well that is a bit harsh. You should just filter out what’s good and what’s less good. For example on a discussion about Swissquote, I won’t listen to his points if they are not something that I can check myself (it cost X to do Y → OK, ‘X is easier to use than Y and the helpdesk is cool’ ->Not OK). As long as it’s disclosed it’s ok. We don’t talk about global politics where you need to connects a lot of dots…

Question for @Sparkojote : What do you see from the ZAK referrals? Do you see the names and phone numbers of who subscribed with your referral? Asking for a friend… (really!)

1 Like

Spot on! It depends: he’s really open about his income streams, but when I checked it back in summer 2017 it didn’t work for me. But I have to admit I didn’t really dig deep into the topic.

Yes, buying in Germany is cheaper than in Switzerland, and if the bank is financing you 100%/110%, you have a great leverage. Just don’t EVER let the real estate prices fall (then the bank will want more securities from you, and you’re screwed). What you can see is that it’s really getting hard to get good deals, and investing in certain cities just because the prices are cheap and your theoretical cash-flow is positive doesn’t mean you’ll be able to earn money there.

Too risky from my point of view, but as I’ve said: I didn’t check this topic in real depth.

1 Like

I finance in germany with 80% and near to the border.

1 Like

I guess you’re Swiss, right? I checked the situation near the German/Swiss border as well, but it’s even worse in terms of cash-flow. Talking about Weil/Loerrach up to Waldshut/Tiengen.

From a Swiss perspective it might be good, but purely judging from the numbers the risk/reward doesn’t make sense from my point of view. But again: I’m no real expert in this area.

Good luck with your investments :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fun-Fact: The german is actually accet-free. Most german viewers think I‘m from germany and moved to switzerland.

You mean Alex from Vermietertagebuch? He‘s a really nice guy, he‘s a freind of mine :slight_smile:

I can really recommend him and his blog/youtube, hes a good guy!

Love it, and also if we‘re at it. I‘m a regular at ther swissquote lounge, free drinks (coffee, water etc.) and snacks like cookies or chocolate, sometimes even croissonts.

No Data is shared, I do not see any details of the persons opening an account.

1 Like

@Sparkojote. It seems that your income is based mainly on “media” or “influencer” thing. Zak marketing is heavily contributing to your financial situation. With ETF you are basically just playing. Any valuable advice to make really money? Any studies on financial maths or investment risk models in your background studies? How are things going in your portfolio with covid?

2 Likes