When your job is only a means to the end :-(

But at least Swiss brokers will allow you to register your shares (Swissquote for example, it’s free, but you have to push them to do so). AFAIK IB doesn’t ever offer it for a fee.

1 Like

Really? Is it legal? I have no idea how Namenaktien works…

1 Like

Not from ordinary youtube ads I presume, cause stats on your channel look rather weak and don’t pay nowhere even close to that?

All from selling some crap via affiliate links? And that’s somehow more fulfilling to you that an honest day job?

What’s next? Selling life insurance pillar 3a linked schemes to suckers?

1 Like

Interesting. There was this Danish blogger here once, he also made a ton of money through affiliate programs with these microlending platforms. It’s interesting that they pay so much.

But I wouldn’t be so bashing, he can focus on building his FIRE and give tips about it to a large audience. He surely put a lot effort to build that audience. I guess my biggest concern would be where the money comes from (shady platforms). But would you reject easy money while growing your channel/blog?

2 Likes

Yeah, this. Sparkojote is doing good work in raising FIRE awareness in Switzerland. (Only German-language blog I’ve seen so far.) I’m not convinced by the investment methodology (Dividend investing often works but only as a side-effect of the underlying factors), or the brokerage choices, but still a good way to raise awareness. We’re all learners in different ways, there’s space for us all.

1 Like

Interresting, I should probably start following your channel.

I am in a similar situation as you were before starting your channel, 22 with about 130k invested (excluding the cryptos but I do not count them atm). I also did the IT aprenticeship and my salary is in a similar ballpark (though a bit lower).

On one hand I am with @bojack on that you do make me feel a bit stupid and lazy but on the other hand I know I am lazy so that one is on me XD.

2 Likes

You have 120k saved at 22, I guess you haven’t seen a lazy 22 year old :wink:

I’m amazed how many young people are here who are already working ang getting good salaries. I remember when I was 19 and finished high school, I just wanted to get to the best university possible, like everybody else in Poland, and postpone my adult life by 5 years, out of fear. My real full time job I started at 25. And the pay was shit, like 1000 CHF gross, but of course, it was in Poland. and your level of 130k I reached maybe at the age of 30. So you’ve got a serious time advantage over me, “lazy” boy :wink:

6 Likes

fantastic work , great effort.!

are your income reports for August/September following similar trend to July (e.g. . mostly from the zak>)

source of income gross receipts
Google Adsense Blog 200.84 CHF
Google Adsense YouTube 411.33 CHF
Bondora Affiliate 662.30 CHF
Minto’s affiliate 489.43 CHF
Zak sign ups 7’450.00 CHF
Webshop revenue 1’406.84 CHF
dividends 411.73 CHF
P2P interest 30.74 CHF
1 Like

No not crap affiliate. I promote for example Swissquote (my whole depot is there), free bank account of Bank Cler Zak (my private finances are there). For 3a Säule I promote Viac (but I‘m not working with them).

Most of my income I generate through big swiss partners like BX Swiss, Swissquote and Bank Cler. But I do only promote stuff I use myself, I choose my companies I want to work with.

1 Like

130k at 22 is quiet a success! You‘re doing really really well :slight_smile:

No, Aug and Sep are both over 30k.

Well said :slight_smile:

I think everyone has different Investment philisophies and thats okay!

understand , but is the Zak making up 65% (approx) of these higher earnings, like it did in july?

1 Like

Zak is approx 40% in August. And in Sep approx 25%. I‘ll do a follow up video as I usually do every month. When I‘m fit again, I currently still sick, since almost a week.

That also sounds impressive, that you can just choose from the big guys, who gets to be advertised by you :stuck_out_tongue: . Would be cool to learn how this works. Did you first start the blog and channel and then the marketing guys from the big companies reached out to you, or did you knock on a few doors yourself?

It would be also nice to understand their rationale. Many popular Youtubers (each video over 100k views) need to really beg for Patreon money to “pay their bills”, and you just get money thrown at you. I guess maybe because you’re young then your audience is also young and people in their early 20s interested in investing is an attractive target for fintech companies.

1 Like

It‘s more because people do not actualy think as business man. Doing social media and beeing an „Influencer“ is one thing. Beeing a business-man is something else.

It‘s a combination, but I do mainly do the reaching out from my side, its a game where you get a lot of „No‘s“, you‘ve got to be intelligent on what you do and also have the drive to work for it. I currently work between 70-80 hours per week. And I really love what I do :slight_smile:

My Businessmodell is as follows: I do not want to get money form my audience, I get my money on the backend in B2B. Mainly for promoting a service I really like and use myself. But Also this is just the start, it‘s a cashflow business modell. Longerterm I will build up more kind of an agency for consulting and managing social media marketing, marketing and other strategies for companies.

I can tell you for sure, there are a lot of bloggers/youtuber with way more reach than me, but they earn less. Because they are more in the „creative“-part, creating content. Than in the business part. I like doing both, and fortunatly am decent at both. So If you‘re missing one of both creative or business, I recommend teaming up together with someone which adds the other thing missing.

4 Likes

awesome. you must get huge traffic to your blog?! Considering maybe a 2 % conversion rate to affili link , is a lot of traffic needed ?

1 Like

I‘ve Conversion between 0.5-5%. Depending on the Product/Service. I‘ve got a really good quality of the „Finanzrudel“ Community I‘m building.

Swissquote and swiss brokers in general are ridiculously overpriced rubbish, 10-100x overpriced compared to IB.

But IB won’t pay you tens of thousands of dollars of affiliate fees a month, so I guess you have no choice but to stick to the hand that feeds you lol. High trading commisisons are just a cost of business - when rake in $10k, some -$100 in fees are nothing for the priviledge to say that you eat your own dogfood.

But sorry I for not following your advice, I’m really sceptical of people with conflict of interest

4 Likes