The perfect market timing tool

No, no, it will close because of you :rofl:

2 Likes

This is gonna be brutal for the stock market!

Time for me to check in here again :slight_smile:
We are in the direction of a doble bottom or breaking lower
.what is the tool saying?

Last time you’ve invested a large sum was on 18th or 21th of February 2020, just before the corona crash right :thinking: ?

4 Likes

There’s also the rumors that Russian invastion starts tomorrow
 but if Cortana invests we’re definitely going to break lower anyway.

2 Likes

Do you think we could trick the market by you logging into my account and buying for me?

Haha, yeah send me Bitcoins and I buy and hold your ETFs for you.

1 Like

SP500 future red, I might get lucky tomorrow for once?

No, it must be the beginning of a crash probably :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I assume the Russians will invade the day after, sending stocks tumbling.

You should postpone your investments indefinitely. In the name of world peace.

5 Likes

He is investing his bonus and 3a tomorrow.

Russia will invade Ucraine and China will invade Taiwan.

4 Likes

Will the Russian invasion already be priced in today? Or is the market waiting for my final signal?

Oh no, why would it be?

Bought 25 VTI @ 218$.

3 Likes

Like clockwork.

Well.

6 Likes

Don’t worry. You are doing everything right: investing lump sum when you have the money available. Plus you keep being invested. With your investment horizon and following those principles, you’ll end up with a very high amount of money.

It could always be worse. I chickened out for my VIAC account in late 2020, thinking it’s pretty high again, and rebalanced away from 97% stocks. Fortunately I don’t have much in this 3a account, but still. I’m +/- 0 on this one, during a stock rally. Plus I wasn’t as aggressive in March 2020 during the crash, too hesitant to invest bigger amounts in a short time. So I had to buy more expensive later on.

In 10 or 15 years, you won’t care that stock market went on a dive the day after you invested your bonus.

2 Likes

If you knew it was to happen, why didn’t you just wait a little longer and buy for 213 instead of 218?

1 Like

Then it wouldn’t have happened :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

By the way, kudos to @Cortana for sharing with us and staying so positive! If you keep it up with the same “luck” I expect there will be a r/wallstreetbets thread someday where someone shares their “100% reliable strategy that shorts the market whenever Cortana announces he’s buying”.

3 Likes

To be fair, VTI was already dropping before this buy. I’d say this one doesn’t count. :stuck_out_tongue:

Like @Fireworks said, If I waited for 213$, I wouldn’t have seen this price for the rest of my life. This is how the market works for me. I wait, everything goes up. I invest, everything goes down.

@FIREstarter
Yeah I know. I’m pretty sure that “Invest everything what you are able to save as soon it’s available and never sell until you are retired” is a very good investment philosophy. It should give me the best results longterm. But still, there is a strong correlation between how much I invest and how big the drop is afterwards :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like