Swiss life hacks list

Argentina and im getting billed 389 ARS/month at the moment.

I first started the subscription in August 2022 and I had to enter an argentinian address.

1 Like

hmm i did the same, but the card i used for payments is Revolut.

Thanks. I had tried a couple of thinks but only thanks to your post I understood that it is a Visa problem. I have a couple of virtual revolut cards. One of them is a Mastercard. I just tried this card right now and tadaaa it went through

1 Like

Maybe this is something for this list: Apparently, if a Swiss company keeps sending you unsolicited advertisements you can send them a Datenauskunftsbegehren which they are under a legal obligation to respond to. Never tried that myself, though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Switzerland/comments/1040u5d/ronjach_wont_remove_me_from_magazine_shipping_list/

I did that for ads I kept receiving through the post from various financial companies. They had received my info from a marketing company, no idea how it had gotten it in the first place. Apparently, that marketing company had merged with another company who had my info in the first place. They could not track it further.

They confirmed they had removed my info from their database and drew my attention to this: robinsonliste – SDV Konsumenteninfo. I have not tried it yet.

There is even the French letter model :heart:

I like my inbox clean from ads.

2 Likes

My fiancée is actually trying it with a hotel that 1) pissed her off and 2) ignores her requests to be removed from their mailing list.

how can all these accounts costing zero? Can you please share?

It used to cost zero. Now it’s 5 CHF per month

1 Like

thank you for the reply. 5 per month per account or 5 per month for all these account?

it’s 5 CHF per “customer relationship”, and our 5 accounts are under the same customer relationship

This is not bad at all. How come my custom manager tells me that each account cost 5 CHF per month
hmm

1 Like

Hmm. I asked again with post finance manager and he said this five accounts would cost 25 per month and he doesn’t see a way to reduce that to 5. Too bad. Maybe you have a good old deal that doesn’t exist anymore. (He disagrees with this guess as well.)

This is weird
 you should open just one bank account and then “order” new financial products inside the account. Products like “checking accounts”. I can still open new accounts (pardon, “order new products and services”) for free.

As I too have multiple accounts in different currencies and pay 5.- all together per month, he is wrong obviously.

Tell him to research their products - and bank package “Smart” is what you want :wink:

→ “Smart and SmartPlus banking packages bundle accounts and services together”

3 Likes

I have this Smart package with 2 private accounts - CHF and EUR. Costs 5 chf total per month.
I Wonder if i can get a USD account too and it stays the same as 5 chf?

I have CHF, EUR and USD accounts (saving- and “non-saving”) → 5 CHF

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick response. Unrelated question. What are the transfer fee / charges (if any) fron postFinance USD Account to Interactive Brokers?

2 Likes

For an in going USD wire transfer, IBKR provided me an US bank with an “ABA Routing Number”, hence an outgoing transfer from PF is subject to a “Giro international” wire transfer (non SEPA), see the rates here:

→ 2 CHF from PF and as far as I remember, there were like 10-15 USD in fees involved from the receiving side.

1 Like

Smart is the package I have right now. Yet only one chf private account (aka IBAN) of my name. I don’t need EUR or USD account. But I do want to have an private account of my wife’s name and, if no additional cost, another joint private account of our name. Do you know if that can all be included in one package – smart and costing 5CHF / month in total?