Supermarket receipt scan & categorisation?

To all the geeks on this forum!
I wonder if anyone knows/ has a solution that reads in or scans supermarket paper receipts and gives back a machine-readable version of thre receipt that allows me to automatically put it in the correct category of my private bookkeeping.

:smiley:

my use case would be to separate food expenses from everything else I buy at the supermarkets. since i am too lazy to pick apart the receipts every time, it just goes all to “supermarket food”^^

Migros and Coop can send receipts to your app and email.

1 Like

I was thinking about writing something like that. I even discussed this with @ma0 somewhere on this forum. That would be really useful because manual budgeting is pain in the butt.

hmmm… yes the app. i signed up with cumulus, just to find out its not worth to me bothering for that 1% discount in return of my detailed groceries data…
but apart from that, I bet the App does not have an export format or api for such purpose?

Check here:

Having a digital list, even on a private webpage would be enough, the problem is that aldi/lidl/coop don’t have that. Migros maybe.

For the scanning part I use a Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500. OCR is working like a charm. Do you wnat to automatically categorize the reciepts afterwards?

can you show us the results of a scan? image and ocr.

Will do after hollidays

Edit: Here is a scan of a recent receipt using the Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500: https://we.tl/t-NzgCyt120G

1 Like