Stock transactions Taxed

You asked for it, so far so good, here is a screen shot as of today.

5 Likes

@Beeapanda @MrCheese

Yes eventually I bought 3k chf at 4.20. I am up over 70%. With hindsight I should have bought 15-30k. :slight_smile:

I had also invested in oil ETf last year so a nice junk is also up close to 65%.

Is your exit still $13? Or different

Iā€™m happy for you! Exit depends on how soon we hit $100 and how many rigs CDEV has running at those prices. Iā€™ll probably start exiting around $15 but am hoping on at least $18 if all goes well. This will most likely take until mid-2022 though, so patience and nerves of steel are key! Good luck to you!

4 Likes

Damn, no I didnā€™t :frowning: In hindsight I should also have kept the LOIL sharesā€¦

I bought a bunch too @4.49 (700 shares, which some money left after buying VOO & VT). Very nice ROI in percentage, not too much in $$.

3 Likes

oh well, at least you didnā€™t lose anything. I have a lot of what ifs moments, but no regrets

1 Like

You right. But thank you for sharing. It was a good deal.

Keep us posted on the company development for good or bad!

And if you have some other stock tip too!! :grin:

1 Like

I know itā€™s not the philosophy of this forum but as a newbie I find this type of discussions very interesting to understand better how all of this works. If not here where do you go to discuss these investments?

3 Likes

Hey, just seeing your message now. Started on Yahoo Finance, then moved to Stocktwits with a number of folks from Yahoo. Thereā€™s good and bad on Stocktwits. Now on Twitter with the same folks from Yahoo. You really have to comb through the pumpers, people who really have no clue and those are are really emotional when it comes to investment. Iā€™ve gotta say I struck gold by meeting some very clever individuals when it comes to investments. We now use a private twitter message groupe with over 30 people. Conversations are great, take about 1 hour hear day to catch up on all the messages are most of them are based in US.

1 Like

I still havenā€™t sold, looking for $15 which might come sooner than expected unfortunately. Also investing in a few 10-15X return long term plays.

1 Like

Can you share some of these gems with the community?

The first pick went well. Well done!!

I can but again, Iā€™m no financial advisor, do your own DD.
After oil, we are going after Base Metals for EV.
These companies are in OTC markets but should get listed to Nasdaq over the next 2 years. Donā€™t ask me for DD or reasons to invest. If you are serious you will do your own research. Below are the tickers and how many shares of each I own:

• $SXOOF (250K)
  • $ELBMF (250K)
  • $ICM.V (63K)

Another pick which has a diversified portfolio is GRNBF. I havenā€™t bought in yet as I need to clear some cash but will go in hard.

OTC market has gone to shit over past 4 months, itā€™ll pick up again but itā€™s volatile, not for everyone. Otherwise, companies on Nasdaq that are in Base Metals should do well, North American has more potential. Avoid China at all cost, even if most of the metals are there.

Letā€™s catch up in 6 months.

3 Likes

Congrats to the 1.4M CDEV position. I might play these other suggestions with my next 5k CHF allocation.

3 Likes

@Beeapanda Do you have any update to give us about your investments, respectively from the discovery of new nuggets? :innocent:

3 Likes

Here are the stocks the gang and I are in, do your own research but we like these the best. Also, CDEV going to $12 this summer.

SXOOF
BVTEF
GRNBF
ELBM
GRCU
PTRA
LEV
NVLHF
AMTX
ALTO
GRNWF

6 Likes

One thing Iā€™m curious about: how long have you been doing this type of trading? I mean buying penny stocks which seem to have good fundamentals - at least thatā€™s what I sense.

The reason for my question: we have seen a huge inflow to the stock markets due to quantitive easing after March 2020. Now that the FED is most probably going to tighten the balance sheet: do you think your approach is still going to work? And how long is your investment horizon for those stocks?

It would be interesting to hear if others in your circle have been doing the same for a longer period of time successfully.

I havenā€™t been buying Penny Stocks for very long but those in my group have. We are obviously looking at OTC stocks with good fundamentals that will have them trade on senior exchange like Nasdaq in the future. Time frame is around 2 years. We are not in OTC for day trading, thatā€™s why they are volatile to begin with, because of day traders. Some of these OTCs like GRNBF have low volume, so anyone selling impacts it. Others like FERN (in which I am in) trade in the millions per day, so less impact. OTCs have been beaten down the past 6 months, because of FED intervention (they caused inflation and now are raising interest rates which hurts OTC companies because they rely on loans). The most important thing when it comes to OTC is management team, balance sheet, product/service, demand, transparency and those companies that actually report in-depth earnings even though they are not required.

Not all of these tickers are OTC. PTRA and ELBM are Nasdaq. Overall, SXOOF has the most upside of all probably. Should easily reach $2 this year and much more if you hold longer.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply and the more detailed feedback. Much appreciated! Especially the timeframe of the investment is important, at least for me.

You said that you are mainly trading OTC. Are you splitting your entries due to OTC? And do you have a target entry price for the stocks you mentioned? E.g. if the stock goes below threshold X, you buy more.
Are you in all of the companies you mentioned, or do you narrow down your picks even more?

I donā€™t mainly trade in OTC; Iā€™m still in CDEV (holding $1.2 million worth of shares) and a few other non-OTC. Only about 20% of my portfolio is in OTC but these companies mentioned above have the most upside, especially those involved in extracting minerals for EV, due to demand and lack of inventories in NA (also you want to avoid Chinese miners even tough that is where a large % of the minerals are situated). Also, when you consider ecologically friendly miners like SXOOF and ELBM, you have sure fire winners.

To be honest they could go down further but not much more, now is a good buying opportunity, Iā€™m down around 30% of most of these, but just like CDEV (I was down 50% at one point) they are going to come back (OTC has been hammered last 6 months due to FED, Russia war, China and day tradersā€¦). If I had more cash I would buy on every dip, thatā€™s what I have been doing. Wish I had kept some powder to invest now. I am not in every company mentioned above, but the group I am part of is heavily invested in all of them. I would say to concentrate on the miners for the most assured return.

1 Like

ā€œGreen Cures & Botanical Distribution Inc., is a revenue generating company that wholesales and retails hemp-infused nutritional, botanical, sports, and body care products. The company focuses on online retailing and widespread brick-and-mortar distribution channelsā€ (https://greencurescorp.com/market/)

Here we go:

According to their latest annual report, GRCU recorded total revenue of USD 135,861 for the twelve months ended December 31, 2021. That was a 29% decline compared to 2020.

Their assets are comprised of 10,289 USD cash, 7,000 USD furniture and equipment and a 609,999 USD investment in ā€œClearly Californiaā€ (sic! No legal form mentioned). Of which thereā€™s hardly any information or indication of economic activity out on the internet).

Green Cures & Botanical Distribution Inc.'s web site hasnā€™t published a news release in nearly a year.

For comparisonā€™s sake:
Our forum member @Bojack had higher 12-month revenue (salary) than the company.
His main investment (TSLA shares) is worth more and shows more activity & substance than theirs.
Heck, even Bojackā€™s furniture and equipment is probably worth more than theirs.

Iā€™d certainly be interested to hear the story or investment case for the stock. I mean, there has to be more to it than just gambling the funniest sounding penny stock just because they do something with cannabis?

2 Likes