Stock transactions Taxed

You seem to be very confident.
Would be great if you could share why you are so certain. No bashing, I’m genuinely interested in your research.

Maybe you found something great and you can convince some of us to invest some money.
Or maybe we find a flaw in your analysis and can save you a lot of money.

To be really honest I don’t have time to try and convince people, I’ve already spent too much time since March learning about this industry. I’m convinced and at the end of the day, even if the share price did not go any higher, I invested 100K and have made 400K profit. I’ll check back in a few months if you are interested, to share my good fortunes or my failures - either way it’s been a wild ride.

1 Like

The community won’t benefit very much if you come back in a few months to share the outcome.
You researched about this topic hundreds of hours and a brief summary might be interesting for the rest of us.
Could be a interesting thread.

If our time is worth answering your questions, but your time is not worth answering our questions that’s up to you, but I wouldn’t expect much help in the future.

Please consider selling or hedging or you could still walk away with 0.

2 Likes

I think it is dangerous to make assumptions about the future with such a confidence. I think the first thing what we should learn that we don`t know the future. The second thing is that we should invest in ourselves and then into the stock market. Unless you are part of that company, in a leading position, you cannot make an efficient DD. Analysts and newspapers will say their subjective opinion.
It also worries me that you have 4 shares and you made 30-40 transactions into both directions. Consider your net worth, consider that you lose everything and if it is still fine, then enjoy the run.
It is enough that a bad news comes out about the company and you lose 50% of the total amount in minutes…I think we should also consider that case, as it happens sometimes with companies and not really with ETFs…

1 Like

Good call @Beeapanda! CDEV is my only beacon of hope in this market.

It’s quite the :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: isn’t it.

1 Like

You’re holding shares in CDEV? Good for you if you are!

I love rockets! If CDEV sells water assets (which they have said they will do) and pay off debt, stock will jump to $9 quickly. Good luck to those who have invested)

It’s interesting you come to the forum for help (i.e. ask for people’s time) and when some asks a bit about your thesis, you don’t have time. No need to convince. People here come to the table to share and discuss. Many will disagree with active investment here because it’s somewhat against the philosophy here, and that is fine IMO.

You have huge technical resistances, it’s not going to be a smooth ride on the way up. Good luck

1 Like

I did come for help on a specific topic and it was never my intention to debate whether my investment strategy was right, nor try to convince people to invest, specifically because I know active investment is against the philosophy here. I don’t day trade and have seen a lot of resistance over the past year. Im happy to wait another year for $15 a share, everything is aligned to get it there.

1 Like

Can we get invited to secret investment club if future would bring more opportunities?

I’m not interested in the DD like others, I just want to see your gains, so please report back in a few months :slight_smile:

He posted screen with 156k shares @ 0.97 average price. What else do you want?

:shushing_face: don’t tell anybody about it please
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/

3 Likes

What is going on with CDEV? Is all about risk of convertible notes that are scaring off people? Stock has been tanking

Day traders dumped CDEV, market adjusted towards potential dilution price, shorts came in bunches, factor in oil drop this week and quadruple witching day/week. But it’s great for long term holders. Killing the junk bond opens up for tutes to come back in.

CDEV prospectus filed this morning. Appears to be final. Top 3 highlights:

1. $127.1M of 8.5% 2025 debt was refinanced with $150M of 3.5% 2028 debt

2. For a lower interest rate, investors get a convertible option at $6.28/share. This potentially dilutes existing shareholders around 9%

3. An additional $22.5M may be issued in the next 30 days if the deal is oversubscribed

Proceeds:

$150M from Investors

-$4.5M to the Bankers, who take their cut

=$145.5M to CDEV

Uses:

-$131.0M to pay off Existing Debt

($127.1M + $3.9M accrued interest)

-$13.0M to buy call options on its own stock (mitigates dilution)

=$144M Used

This is a long hold, but this stocks headed $13+ eventually

4 Likes

Thank you Man! I did not buy CDEV at the right time. I had settled for some energy ETFs, which delivered 60%+ return.

CDEV looks interesting. I wish i entered at 1 dollar. If it drops at 3 dollar I may buy 10k usd or so!

I should probably buy it just because it’s at 4.20$ right now xD

1 Like

+10% today, yeah I should have bought! Day trading is tough and time consuming :money_mouth_face:

Did you buy in the end? +$3 since you wrote this so hopefully you did. I’m still long in this stock, added an extra 10K shares when it dipped.