Staking Crypto - Best platform

Sorry I’m not a financial guy. But sure Crypto is the wild west right now and with maturity there will be some changes. However, do not expected any laws etc. this is a centralized thinking. Crypto will be way more decentralized and will follow what the majority will vote for. Which is a bit of a problem in my opinion of the proof-of-stake approach it just gives all the power to the whales

4 Likes

Crypto.com keeps asking for stacking in the supercharger.
I suppose they want me to change CRO in other tokens to get their fees, otherwise I don’t see how they make money if they stack CRO there as well, right?

You give them a loan for 1.5% APY. It’s also paid out in small amounts of different tokens that you will exchange for something else (or you keep dozens of tokens with very little value, which only complicate your taxes).

So after about …half month of searching :slight_smile: I will try to list down my findings & strategies for 2022.

maybe some were very noob findings… but anyway it could be helpful for some newbies reading this post

1. crypto com does not offer earning for Switzerland.crypto com earn
    It just offers the supercharger which at the end provides a much lower earning compared to the 10% cro staking offering.
    I personally send all my CRO’s to OKex with a 13.2% staking APY currently.
    I send also very few LUNA to OKex with a flexible earning of 36.5% (unfortunately fluctuates per hour between 1% - 36.5%…) and some WIN with a 43% staking APY
    I can send you a referral link to OKex if you are interested (we both earn 15$ on BTC)

2. I tried Bitpanda, Binance, Coinbase, Kraken, OKex, crypto com.
    For FIAT CHF SEPA deposits I would highly recommend Kraken or bitpanda (0 fees deposit in CHF next day available). All the others have CHF suspended (except OKex but not sure about their fees)
    Probably for card deposits best option should be Binance (1.8% fees and instant transfer) - however sometimes it was simply not proceeding forward with the credit card option…
    So currently I am just buying from Kraken and send them over to Binance or OKex (whatever makes more sense for staking).
    What are your experiences guys here -also regarding withdrawals to chf from those exchanges? Do you have similar experience?

3. I opened a Celsius account and invest a small amount of USDC with 8.5% APY (also 6.2% for BTC up to 0.25 BTC). Maybe inlock could be another option (USDC 10% or BTC 5% without ILK I believe). Coinloan could be another option (12.3% or 7.3% respectively -2% less without their token…) or Hodlnaut (12% or 7.2%)… However to be honest I haven’t done a detailed analysis about withdrawals/deposit fees and the “trustworthiness” of each platform… anyone with more experience here would be greatly appreciated

4. Defi Yield farming / Staking - I personally selected the followings:

• Pancakeswap : For Yield farming BNB-CAKE and Staking CAKE with over 60% apy (I’ve had some cake leftovers unfortunately…)
  • Biswap: For Yield farming BTT-BNB (has also few other interesting pairs, good rates, is audited from CERTIK and has a partnership with Binance)
  • MAIAR exchange for yield farming EGLD-MEX (you can also earn new coins like RIDE on rewards or airdrops) and it has unlocked and locked options for farming (locked for 1 year, interest over 236%). Very user friendly and well-developed app - EGLD team was in the top 10 list of development activities for 2021…
  • UST stablecoin earning on ANCHOR protocol (the stablecoin of LUNA) with 19.5% rate - you need to check-over the fees here plus you can probably use delta-neutral strategy - if you are a pro - to further enhance your returns up to 40% with a “stablecoin”
  • Just for fun and out of curiosity …KlimaDAO 28500% APY and Wonderland (TIME) 83600% APY… Currently the rewards are there provided as expected, however the value of the coins is diminished… so practically I am losing currently a little bit of money here…

Hope it could be of help and if there are suggestions / recommendations on my aforementioned points please I would be glad if I could get some feedback

7 Likes

Have you taken a look at the crypto.com DeFi wallet? That’s where the good staking is I guess (about 12.95% APX on CRO and others)

1 Like

Yes, that’s a good point… about 12% apy max as I can see - but a bit more complicated process with the validator nodes… plus you need to have three different apps for crypto com… plus there is not any other crypto with good apy (maybe only ATOM) plus there are no airdrops as far as I am aware… plus you have to wait 21? days if you unstake for your coins to be available….

1 Like

Hi @hereby
You should apply for a marketing job there…
cheers
sto

1 Like

ok then, deleted, I didn’t know that sharing my experience was marketing.

I’ve read it. To be honest, It does sound like an endorsement, but IMHO you should leave it up, unless an admin opposes.

Zusammenfassung

Hi there,

I use Coinmetro platform since 2020, I really enjoy it and the staking program is easy and growing.

It’s a regulated Cex in Estonia, the CEO does weekly AMA on Fridays, the fees are amongst the lowest on the CEX market and they support SEPA instant for 1 euro fixed fee (unfortunatly no CHF yet but I use Revolut). They also have the best client support in the industry (available on live chat within 5 minutes and always got helped decently when needed), check it on Trustpilot.

It’s a small but growing exchange, their strategy is to choose carefully their listing and partners, and only fully compliant ones.
They want to work with long term projects and list their tokens very early (often under $10M marketcap).

Their staking program is very simple, you can open a staking plan in two clicks.

I stake :

• $kda which is the coin of Kadena, a scalable L1 PoW blockchain. CM was one of the first CEX to list it in 2020 (it got listed on Binance two days ago).
    As Coinmetro and Kadena are partners, it’s the only CEX which offers staking through their bonding program with 22-18% APR but currently closed. It should reopen when Kadena will set the bridges to Ethereum, supposed to happen this quarter.
  • $flux which is a PoW blockchain with PoS nodes mechanism, offering decentralized cloud computing service. They are partners of Coinmetro (and Kadena), so it’s also the only CEX with a flux staking program through hosted masternodes.
    APR around 14-10% but a halvening will happen today so it should drop.
  • $tht from ThoughtAI which is still a small project, it’s a PoW blockchain with PoS nodes mechanism, offering AI datasets infrastructure. A halvening happened yesterday so the APR dropped, it was around 20% and now probably more like 5%. Also a CM partner and only listed there now, staking done through hosted masternodes.
  • $xcm which is the exchange token. APR from 1 to 4% according to your tier and they just launch a Multi Assets Rewards Service (MARs) so you earn $xcm and $kda on top of it (soon $flux, $vsp, $tht, $ust and more).

They also had Parsiq IEO, a great project imo offering live monitoring and data analysis services for blockchain.
They also created a decentralized staking platform, the IQ protocol, which allow to lend / rent tokens (and soon nfts) through expirable powertokens. I lend my $prq on this protocol, as it’s not yet on CM (but a front end will be integrated in the future). The APR is still low at 2,5-3% but as I got there early I benefit from bonus programs that double my APR and I will get an $iqt which is not yet available (airdrop).

CM also offers :

• a copytrading system which offers passive income (I got some $qnt in it) but it’s not working great right now, it’s getting revamped.
  • STOs (I bought some Coinmetro Bonds and get daily 11% APR in euros, then I can convert after 2 years in $xcm at 20c fixed price or CM equities tokens).
1 Like

It wasn’t my goal, I wrote it like a user review, sorry if it didn’t seem like it. Anyway it’s already deleted

3 Likes

Has anyone experience with Nexo? They offer quite high rates as well and it is possible to deposit EUR for free through SEPA and get up to 12% interest on it. It sounds quite good to be true…I wonder if any of you have any experience with the platform.

The 12% are not applied to all currencies (i.e. Nexo up to 12%, BTC or ETH up to 8%, stable coins up to 12%, MATIC up to 16% at the moment)

To get the 12% there are several conditions that add up:

• to be Platinum member (this means you need to hold more than 10% of your portfolio in Nexo tokens but you also have 5 free crypto withdrawals per month and better interest rates)
  • to earn interest payout in Nexo tokens (+2%)
  • accept fixed terms instead of flex (i.e. 3 months and your interest rate will also be higher)
1 Like

Indeed, I have some EUR with 8% and XRP with 5% (you need even to have them locked for 1 to 3 months to get to that level)

Otherwise the basic level starts from 4%

Seems legit and everything works well so far.

As mentioned before you earn in reality a bit less compared to what is advertised

1 Like

It has some flaws, it’s not great for traders as the volumes are low and they have a small amount of coins listed but I don’t care, I’m not a trader (I use the copytrading system with some $qnt and it’s not great as I said in the first post), I want to invest in great picks and stake.

But their trustpilot page speaks for itself

Hi

Interesting.

I also aped a small amount into KLIMA and Wonderland. Wasnt the best idea tbh.
In addition, I am also invested in Strong. Price doesnt look too promising atm, but the project seems still solid.

The way I invest in crypto:

Transfer CHF to Revolut, exchange for USD, then send that via SWIFT to Binance, and go from there. If you buy crypto with BUSD on binance, there is currently also no fee.

IMO the cheapest way to go.

I was also thinking of staking Anchor stablecoin with 19% APY, but in the end I believe that everything above 5-12% annual return smells like Ponzi :-).

Native solana staking seems nice. It autocompounds infinitely, and you can do it on Phantom Wallet.

Anyone staking ETH here?

Indeed, KLIMA and Wonderland wasn’t a good idea… :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

absolutely agree with your transfer approach to Binance… although I haven’t tried it yet myself (I was a bit sceptic with the Seychelles bank account for transferring EURO via SWIFT…)… Is everything working fine for you so far?

I was using the credit card option with 1.8% fees (direct stealing so far…)

Other platforms that I’ve tried recently are OKX & KuCoin… KuCoin especially has few nice automated bots options that you can try very easily and user friendly…

For ETH I would recommend Celsius with about 5.35% interest I believe or Nexo 4-5% on flex terms or up to 8% if you upgrade.

UST is my favorite “earnings” stablecoin for the moment… 19.5% for stablecoin is just insane! Currently to avoid the mess I have staked UST via Swissborg and I am earning 14.63%… You can find 19.5% in many platforms at the moment, even in Binance. However there is always maximum quotas that you can stake for 19.5% (for Binance it’s just 200UST) and locked duration periods in all those platforms. In Swissborg I have it for unlimited period and I can withdraw anytime… :wink:

2 Likes

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: Crash of LUNA and UST

Has somebody tried YouHodler for staking? The USDC, ETH and BTC yields looks juicy. I have set it up and may transfer my USDC which are currently staked at ACS to YouHodler. Not sure why but UST looks somehow fishy to me, even if I do not have a databased reason for not trusting it. I think Luna is now almost a top 10 project so should be legit, but still. @Leonidasgr since when are you using Luna/Terra/UST?

@cyberhigh is Swift working again with Binance??? That was stopped for quite some time.

1 Like

Regarding Binance: yes, they blocked SEPA deposits in EUR, but you could always use Swift to deposit USD. So far it worked well for me.

From Revolut to Binance (via Bank on Seychelles), the transfer usually takes less than an hour and you get BUSD, with which you can purchase crypto without any fee.

Will check out Swissborg aswell.

I might try stablecoin farming on Anchor aswell with a small amount.

Binance staking is indeed not ideal since you have limited amounts and lockup periods.

Btw my best staking investment by far is Cake DeFi. The coin DFI outperformed BTC and the rewards are still amazing… im still making around 1500 usd a month as passive income since i posted it here. (referral still in DM… :wink: )

1 Like