Should I buy TSLA shares?

What about swarm mining of bitcoins with the onboard computers?

4 Likes

4 Likes

OK, I’ll give it a go. Tesla should equip their cars with guns and make them work as self-driving on-call hitmen. Payment in bitcoin to avoid getting tracked.

5 Likes

Is this the new swiss meme reddit channel?

4 Likes

Just the futur FiReStreetBets

1 Like

Do you think it’s possible that there is some (reasonable in the long-run) purpose buying BTC has for Musk or Tesla? Maybe they see some benefit of smart contracts for B2B, and are betting on BTC being the relevant currency for that purpose?

Anyways, I’d be excited for @Julianek to accelerate his career as a financial guru (in the positive sense). Good stuff! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Next could be twitter

I digress, but imagine a highly taxed/corrupt country, where you run a business illegally and pay your illegal employees in Bitcoin. They then take this money and pay to the local farmer, also in Bitcoin. A whole parallel shadow economy. And one that the government can’t do anything about. One of the reasons I’m excited for crypto, because it will be a competition for the government. If they go overboard with taxes and regulations, or with inflation and money printing, people will revolt and start using alternative currency.

To the moon? To Mars and beyond!
BTW: Ark’s Cathie Wood explains how bitcoin could increase by $400,000 :rocket:

1 Like

It’s basically what the Silk Road was…

I don’t know, this place was infamous for selling drugs, guns, hitmen etc. Things that are generally illegal. But I’m talking about some normal stuff. Countries like Cuba or Venezuela are known for using the USD if you want to buy anything valuable. BTC could take over this role. (and it’s already happening, I guess)

didn’t we already discuss in the other thread that BTC is not a payment system but instead is at most a store of value (due to high fees and low throughput)?

(I guess some 2nd level blockchain technologies are meant to solve that, but afaik they’re not yet there, and there’s some counterparty risk as well)

2 Likes

Well, if you say “illegal business” and “shadow economy”, it’s illegal, period. That you sell drugs, hitmen or potatoes doesn’t really make a difference.

I get your idea, but it’s the main issue with crypto : as long as fiat currency are still needed at the end, it complicate the whole thing. Your farmer paid with BTC need to pay his rent, or taxes, or whatever that need USD because the government don’t accept BTC. He need to convert. Here come the issue. Or the good surprise depending of the current price.
Not really realistic in the current setup.

The institutions need to be on board, or totally overwhelmed. I don’t see lot of happy ending scenario happening in both cases. Which I find sad, as I’m a crypto enthusiast and understand pretty well the implication of blockchain (which is the really interesting part for the futur, apart from the crypto). But the way the global economy is set up today, I don’t see how the crypto emergence as a day to day basis can happen without the same people and institution “in command” as of today with fiat unfortunately.

To stay on the Tesla topic, they have more to gain with blockchain innovations (what they probably already are working on) rather that crypto itself. In terms of technology and usage as a crypto money, BTC is horrible and outdated. They’ll be better start their own coin (it would not surprise me a bit if that happen…)

It is indeed already the case in some parts of El Salvador, Venezuela and Nigeria. From what I have read, Nigeria already has over +2m users of Bitcoin, but that’s not really a topic for this thread.

That’s why I think that the risk that cryptocurrency will become illegal is not so low. I guess that the price will take a good hit if that happens.

Curiously, a mysterious force has prevented politicians to ban cryptos. Perhaps they own some?..

That’s the secret Elon’s plan! To sell 2M of Tesla to newly Nigeria millionaires with the rise of the BTC following TSLA investment… Smart!

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Financial/Investing Content

Apart for the difference “store of value”/“payment system”, some other country already tried something like that and they got a good dose of “freedom”. It won’t happen.

I think everybody criticizing Tesla for investing in a power-hungry Bitcoin forgets that Bitcoin protocol is not set in stone and is evolving. If Ethereum successfully switches to POS as consensus mechanism, so could Bitcoin.